Pinnick got grilled on Steven Keshi on Channels TV

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Amaju absolves Keshi of blame

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Well Musa missed 3 one on ones.. Omeruo dashed SA a free goal , even Ambrose and Lawal plus Azubike. Becsuse that game vs SA we balled and were punished due to lack of concentration. Pinnick is 100% correct
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

What do you expect the poor man to say. He is cognizant of the fact that the big clueless Joe is watching. Who knows what big Joe told him the last time he spoke to him . I'm sure he must have issued serious warnings
to completely stay clear of the untouchable BIG BOSS MAN the ominipotent of Nigerian soccer
I watched the poor man yesterday on channel TV extolling the president to high heaven. You can see the poor man is definitely afraid and selects his words carefully. Na man pass man.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

What kind of rubbish is this!! Why was Siasia fired then?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:Keshi at the helm, Nigeria failed to defend the AFCON title. It would be an honourable thing for Keshi to say hold his hands up and allow someone else to take over the post.

It does nothing for continuity but it reinforces the minimum requirement of the job.

That said, if we have players that contrive to miss 3 1v1 chances in a must win game and we blame the manager alone then it's a damn shame as someone always say.

In the CL, Messi and Arguero of Argentina scored 3 goals between them and that is not even adding other deadly strikers they posses.

Meanwhile 5 of our main pool of strikers don't even score 6 goals in 4 games.
Maybe we just don't have the material upfront.
Yekini scored over 30 goals for his club in a season and became the highest goal scorer in Europe. When was the last time a naija striker in Europe hit 25 goals in one of the top leagues?
Watch Nigeria vs Guinea, Osaze and Emenike missed a lot of chances yet SSS was fired. In the CAN, Nigerian players have missed chances and yet we insult the coaches. We have done this for Vogts, Amodu, CCC, SSS et al. Why the change in rules?

On the issue of talent, I am sure SUDAN, CONGO and SOUTH AFRICA all have strikers hitting 25 goals in a top league.

PAJIMOH, this decision is indefensible based on your comments and you are only setting yourself up for an epic CE beat down if you try to do so.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Well Musa missed 3 one on ones.. Omeruo dashed SA a free goal , even Ambrose and Lawal plus Azubike. Becsuse that game vs SA we balled and were punished due to lack of concentration. Pinnick is 100% correct
**Shakes head**

You guys are really a piece of work.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I don tell una say all that silence will produce something. Amaju will soon be licking Keshi's behind if he has not started already. The only person i pity in all of this is KingLoku....his main man Amaju is about to betray him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Keshi at the helm, Nigeria failed to defend the AFCON title. It would be an honourable thing for Keshi to say hold his hands up and allow someone else to take over the post.

It does nothing for continuity but it reinforces the minimum requirement of the job.

That said, if we have players that contrive to miss 3 1v1 chances in a must win game and we blame the manager alone then it's a damn shame as someone always say.

In the CL, Messi and Arguero of Argentina scored 3 goals between them and that is not even adding other deadly strikers they posses.

Meanwhile 5 of our main pool of strikers don't even score 6 goals in 4 games.
Maybe we just don't have the material upfront.
Yekini scored over 30 goals for his club in a season and became the highest goal scorer in Europe. When was the last time a naija striker in Europe hit 25 goals in one of the top leagues?
Watch Nigeria vs Guinea, Osaze and Emenike missed a lot of chances yet SSS was fired. In the CAN, Nigerian players have missed chances and yet we insult the coaches. We have done this for Vogts, Amodu, CCC, SSS et al. Why the change in rules?

On the issue of talent, I am sure SUDAN, CONGO and SOUTH AFRICA all have strikers hitting 25 goals in a top league.

PAJIMOH, this decision is indefensible based on your comments and you are only setting yourself up for an epic CE beat down if you try to do so.
I think you need to read the highlighted part of my staement and just in case you misunderstood me, let me make it clear to you.

Keshi failed and even if offered the job he should do the honourable thing and refuse to take it.

Now that said I still think players have a share of the blame as well whether SSS time or Keshi's era. It's like that in all football. Coach gets it when players fail to deliver.

But one thing is for sure if we keep using the same dead bricks for players, regardless of the coach we'll keep building the same rubbish.

Players who connive to miss 3 glorious chances cannot be said to be free of blame. At this level all you might get is only one chance
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Keshi no get contract with NFF and dem dey fear am..... NFF don jam rock..... Cheii Man pass man.....
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nemi2002 wrote:Keshi no get contract with NFF and dem dey fear am..... NFF don jam rock..... Cheii Man pass man.....
True. When they fired him earlier folks refused to say he had no contract. Thye eere laughing. Now they are shouting he has no contract. Too ooo funny
SuperEagles

bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

oloye wrote:I don tell una say all that silence will produce something. Amaju will soon be licking Keshi's behind if he has not started already. The only person i pity in all of this is KingLoku....his main man Amaju is about to betray him. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was anticipatingt that enlightened ex footballers like you will become vociferous and spoke against this shennanigan going on right now. Or are you all cohorts of the big boss man?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

nemi2002 wrote:Keshi no get contract with NFF and dem dey fear am..... NFF don jam rock..... Cheii Man pass man.....
And people are begging and blaming Keshi. msshhhewww

Keshi should never be this position. For goodness sake the man has no valid contract.

People no dey blame persin wey $@#% for ground, na the air wey dey carry the smell dem dey blame
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Well Musa missed 3 one on ones.. Omeruo dashed SA a free goal , even Ambrose and Lawal plus Azubike. Becsuse that game vs SA we balled and were punished due to lack of concentration. Pinnick is 100% correct
Mugu!!!they invited them saf abi ? Ode buruku .
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

KingLoku wrote:
The defence is pissing me off.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cristao II wrote:
KingLoku wrote:
The defence is pissing me off.
seriously :shock: you are upset because of a comment.WOW ...you should get out more
SuperEagles

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

BIMBI wrote:'The players and not Keshi should be held responsible for our Afcon 2015 shut out.' Amaju Pinnick, NFF President.
This Pinnick guy is beginning to make my BLOOD BOIL. Who is the head of the team and who invited the players and instructed them on what the game plan is? How many times did Keshi tried to correct his mistakes - especially on our right-back (RB) position? Every team we played lately knew to attack us from that direction and it worked for all the teams as most of the goals we conceded came from that direction directly or indirectly.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Pinnick got grilled on Steven Keshi on Channels TV

Post by 1naija »

Funny how people turn a blind eye to rascality when it suits them. Can't believe how many people on this thread were supporting Keshi (RIP) using his relationship with the presidency to hold the NFF hostage.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:Funny how people turn a blind eye to rascality when it suits them. Can't believe how many people on this thread were supporting Keshi (RIP) using his relationship with the presidency to hold the NFF hostage.
My friend gerrout before I start typing in your head :tic: How many people supported Keshi? Most agreed he failed to qualify and should step aside. Most also blame our misfiring strikers and also commented on other things like lack of contract, presidential involvement etc
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

4 years after nothing has changed. Where are the Pinnicks promises and plans
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Here is a post I made from Nigeria in 2014 during the Keshi/Pinnick saga for those that may not have been here or have forgotten.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

1naija wrote:He said the NFF will henceforth use scientific approach to manage Nigeria football. He said they have agreements with 3 consultant companies to develop the league, manage the financial aspects of the administration and to develop the nations football from grassroots level. They are bringing back "academicals" (I am assuming he is talking about high school football ...I hope they have strict rules against mercenaries). I like his ideas. I think he will move Nigeria football to great heights if GEJ and the sports ministry stop interfering.

They then asked him how he can effectively lead the NFF when the presidency overruled his firing of Keshi. He responded that he did not fire Keshi and that they asked Keshi to go a one year leave to develop himself. :lol:

The channel TV interviewers really hammered him, but he stood his grounds. He blamed the South Africa game outcome on players attitude.
5 years down the line, any evidence of these?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim