Brazil reject Nigeria, pick France

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

on December 03, 2014 / in Sports 8:44 pm / Comments

Brazil will no longer play an international friendly game against the national team, the Super Eagles. Rather, they will be playing against France.

Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godswill Akpabio during the commissioning of the newly built stadium, ‘Nest of Champions’ in Uyo, announced that the Super Eagles would play a friendly there against Brazil.

Although the NFF did not confirm that, Akpabio went on to say that he spoke with the football federation and that Brazil will be in Uyo, next year in March, as part of the events lined up to celebrate the completion of the ultra-modern edifice.

However, it has emerged that in the same period, Brazil will be playing an international friendly game with France in what could be a repeat of the finals between the two countries at the 1998 FIFA World Cup tournament.

The French Football Federation announced that the game will be played at the Stade de France(venue of their 1998 triumph) coming up on March, 26 2015.

It is not yet known if the NFF are keen on pursuing a friendly game with Brazil, if they are, then it would certainly come up at a latter date as Brazil have already been booked by
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/braz ... X0QRA.dpuf
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
tunde72
Egg
Egg
Re: Brazil reject Nigeria, pick France

Post by tunde72 »

Nobody want to associate with failure
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...why would they come play at thieves house when Picnic is London laundering loots. The country football is a joke.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

mcal wrote:...why would they come play at thieves house when Picnic is London laundering loots. The country football is a joke.
why are you trying to avoid the real problem ?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

vancity eagle wrote:
mcal wrote:...why would they come play at thieves house when Picnic is London laundering loots. The country football is a joke.

What's the real problem?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

platinum wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

What's the real problem?
Fools like u .
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

No one likes mediocrity.

x
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Did Brazil "really" reject Nigeria or the deal never existed in the first place?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote:Did Brazil "really" reject Nigeria or the deal never existed in the first place?
That is the key question. IMHO, this sounds like what used to be the case with Nigeria's friendlies -- jumping the gun to announce a game when the deal is still in the works. A few years ago, the NFF claimed that those days were in the past and that hop friendly will be announced until concluded but recently we have had discussions about Nigerian friendlies against Brazil, Serbbia, and Bosnia in the media. Left to me, these things should be kept close to the chest until the teams commit by signing. It is unlikely that Brazil would have signed and then renege.

This is very disappointing but there is still time to get another opponent for that international match day.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Choiii and I was telling some Brazilians that we will play them.

Good thing, I will probably not be seeing them again...otherwise dem for ask me, what's what.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tbite wrote:Choiii and I was telling some Brazilians that we will play them.

Good thing, I will probably not be seeing them again...otherwise dem for ask me, what's what.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Tbite,

My hope is that the NFF is still talking to Brazil but for a later date. I hope they do not announce it until the deal is signed.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Riversboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Riversboy »

"Nest Of Champions". I like that :thumb:

Yeah, that friendly existed only in the minds of Akpabio and NFF.

RB.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Odas wrote:Did Brazil "really" reject Nigeria or the deal never existed in the first place?
:thumb: :thumb: You dey mind them? They are deceiving themselves not us
yes o
Okocha10
Egg
Egg

Post by Okocha10 »

give me one reason why Brazil should play us in a friendly! smh, we should be organizing friendly matches with the likes of Trinidad and Tobago, jamaica, china, finland etc and not Tier 1 teams.
<b> EGBON MEKUS OF CYBEREAGUS</b>
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

vancity eagle wrote:
...the world is a village so says Hillary Clinton in her book. Brazilians can read and see the news about the NFA's incompetence and money palaver.
If Brazil comes they (as the visiting team) have to be paid, and taken care of. When the read your NFA chief is London scouting youth players, it just does not make sense.
So the real problem is your football administrators. Thieves and inept fellas.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

KingLoku wrote:
platinum wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

What's the real problem?
Fools like u .

KL,

Why? I give you respect as a grownup strongman, you dey address me like say you be pikin? If you wan debate, lets do so, no be namecalling be the way. If you no get beta talk, firm dia one time. Wetin dey do you?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

TheCable
undefined

by Victor AkhidenorDecember 04http://www.thecable.ng/nff-reaffirms-nigeria-brazil-friendly

Amaju Pinnick, president of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), has confirmed that the game between the Super Eagles of Nigeria and Selecao of Brazil is still on the card.

Pinnick dismissed a report in a section of the media that the international friendly match scheduled for March 29, 2015 at the Akwa Ibom Stadium had been cancelled.

“It is not true that the match had been cancelled. There is nothing like that. What people are probably not clear about is the fact that Brazil will play France around the same period,” Pinnick said.

“Brazil will play France on March 26, while they will fly to Nigeria to play the Super Eagles at the Akwa Ibom International Stadium on March 29. The two games and dates are quite different.

“We are working hard at ensuring that we utilize all the FIFA –free days for international friendlies next year. There are about 10 of those dates and we will get opponents for the Super Eagles for each and every one of them.

“We have firmly put behind us the Eagles’ failure to qualify for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations. Our focus now is on building a much stronger team through giving opportunities to foreign –based players who had either been on the fringes or previously shut out, and also taking good look at those players on the domestic scene who have shown some promise.”

Brazil defeated Nigeria 3-0 in June 2003 in a friendly organised as part of activities to test-run the National Stadium, Abuja ahead of the 8th All-Africa Games that Nigeria hosted four months later.

Follow us on twitter @thecableng

Copyright 2014 TheCable. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.thecable.ng as the source.
© 2014 Copyright TheCable. All Rights reserved.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg
Re: Brazil reject Nigeria, pick France (the dates are differ

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Different dates March 26th against France 29th V Nigeria according to NFF.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

You know our people like to give their dead beat opinion.

Some are even linking the supposedly cancelled match tot he fact that we are mediocre. Yet we were not world champions when Brazil and Argentina came to town.

Some people are just impossible. Even if Brazil cancels, well it happens.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

pajimoh wrote:You know our people like to give their dead beat opinion.

Some are even linking the supposedly cancelled match tot he fact that we are mediocre. Yet we were not world champions when Brazil and Argentina came to town.

Some people are just impossible. Even if Brazil cancels, well it happens.

Shhh! It's Keshi's fault!
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

haha... What a joke... Failure to the core
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Brazil reject Nigeria, pick France (the dates are differ

Post by Odas »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:Different dates March 26th against France 29th V Nigeria according to NFF.
Well, let's we wait and see - that's all. No need to be excited or to be depressed yet because this thing can go either way in future.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Okocha10 wrote:give me one reason why Brazil should play us in a friendly! smh, we should be organizing friendly matches with the likes of Trinidad and Tobago, jamaica, china, finland etc and not Tier 1 teams.
Money...if we could offer them enough dough they would clearly pick us, all those friendlies they were playing leading up to the WC weren't Tier 1 only...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!