Frank Rijkaard, sad fall from the top

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Frank Rijkaard, sad fall from the top

Post by Comrade Machel »

I just read this great man is now doing the lowly role of player development at a Florida prep school. Now thats a sick joke for a man who has achieved what he did at Barcelona. Meanwhile people like Pulis go through the revolving door of EPL management

Rijkaard single hnadedly resurrected and made Barcelona fashionable again. Surely the the team cojldnhave created a role for him to save him this fate :cry: :cry:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Frank Rijkaard, sad fall from the top

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Samora Moises Machel wrote:I just read this great man is now doing the lowly role of player development at a Florida prep school. Now thats a sick joke for a man who has achieved what he did at Barcelona. Meanwhile people like Pulis go through the revolving door of EPL management

Rijkaard single hnadedly resurrected and made Barcelona fashionable again. Surely the the team cojldnhave created a role for him to save him this fate :cry: :cry:
Maybe that is what he wants to do? Don't you know some people enjoy being school teachers?

Without knowing his circumstances, I would speculate that the man could/can get a job coaching a top team somewhere in Europe if that is what he wants to do.

Stop crying about his fate...after all, some ex footballers are homeless, drug addicts of alcoholics (Gazza), while a former German WC winner is reportedly washing toilets for a living.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The Notorious B!GGESTMAN »

He managed FC Barcelona to the UCL yet no club want to take him because he is black. Simple as that.
The weak or the strong,
who got it going on
You're dead wrong
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Samora Moises Machel wrote:I just read this great man is now doing the lowly role of player development at a Florida prep school. Now thats a sick joke for a man who has achieved what he did at Barcelona. Meanwhile people like Pulis go through the revolving door of EPL management

The Notorious B!GGESTMAN wrote:He managed FC Barcelona to the UCL yet no club want to take him because he is black. Simple as that.
i agree that its coz he is black.

but why didnt any African nations fancy try him out, sometimes we are our own worst enemies

by the way Barca i think is on the way to permanent decline, they have just been banned from transfers in 2015 and they look significantly weaker
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

He's doing what he wants!

After barca, he coached galatasaray and saudi arabia for good money and after this my understanding is he got gassed and tired of footie ala Pep Guardiola.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

benteke wrote:

Thats wh
The Notorious B!GGESTMAN wrote:He managed FC Barcelona to the UCL yet no club want to take him because he is black. Simple as that.
i agree that its coz he is black.

but why didnt any African nations fancy try him out, sometimes we are our own worst enemies

by the way Barca i think is on the way to permanent decline, they have just been banned from transfers in 2015 and they look significantly weaker
Would make sense for an african team hiring him as opposed to clowns like Lamouchie hired by CIV at world cup.

I obviously dont know Rijkaaard personally but I seriously doubt this is what he wants do. If it wasmi am sure he woukd be doint it at a soccer school that matters like Ajax, La Massia etc

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

It does not surprise me that some people on CE only see things through a small prism..albeit without doing their homework.
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

paj wrote:It does not surprise me that some people on CE only see things through a small prism..albeit without doing their homework.
Care to explain this your prism vis-a-vis my post :blink:

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Rijkaard is doing what he wants. He is probably not hurting for money and he is in freaking, sunny, sunkist Florida. When Europeans get to Florida, they never want to leave. It is like they have discovered El Dorado.
Abeg mek una tok anoda tin. :arrow:

Wha choo looking at?!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Samora Moises Machel wrote:I obviously dont know Rijkaaard personally but I seriously doubt this is what he wants do. If it wasmi am sure he woukd be doint it at a soccer school that matters like Ajax, La Massia etc
How do you know? It is not always about money and status but personal happiness, especially for someone who has been there and done that. He probably does not need to work again for the rest of his life, if he has invested his earnings well from previous top jobs.

So now other things may be of more value to him like doing what he actually enjoys doing in a place he likes to live. Maybe he always wanted to live in the USA and this job provides the perfect location as well as doing something he enjoys doing in a low stress environment. With his credentials I'm sure he could get a higher profile job if he wanted.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Florida Prep School? He needs to be flogged, he can buy an MLS team their, he is just blocking others from a job.

I remember a story about an Oyinbo guy teaching English in China then because he watches football, the rich parents also asked to coach their kids football, then he ws asked does he play footie he said hell no but the money was good.

Rijkaard needs to move uo and leave little jobs for us.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

I hope you guys are right but I suspect he will waiting for the phone to ring

Wish one the premiershkp teams would take a chance on him

amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Maybe that is what he wants to do? Don't you know some people enjoy being school teachers?

Without knowing his circumstances, I would speculate that the man could/can get a job coaching a top team somewhere in Europe if that is what he wants to do.

Stop crying about his fate...after all, some ex footballers are homeless, drug addicts of alcoholics (Gazza), while a former German WC winner is reportedly washing toilets for a living.
I completely agree chief. best believe it, if i was a trust fund baby, I would be in some tough inner city school right now teaching math/physics rather than doing whatever it is I am doing now.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Prince wrote:Florida Prep School? He needs to be flogged, he can buy an MLS team their, he is just blocking others from a job.

I remember a story about an Oyinbo guy teaching English in China then because he watches football, the rich parents also asked to coach their kids football, then he ws asked does he play footie he said hell no but the money was good.

Rijkaard needs to move uo and leave little jobs for us.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Imagine a whole CL wnning coach taking a job from us

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

amafolas wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I completely agree chief. best believe it, if i was a trust fund baby, I would be in some tough inner city school right now teaching math/physics rather than doing whatever it is I am doing now.
you win the nobel prize in maths and start to teach 11 plus maths, yiu gave taught in havard , princeton and now 11 plus at feyingbole grammar school
Last edited by Prince on Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

amafolas wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

believe me, I think about doing that frequently.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

:ohmy:

Aint no other kings in this ball game
they siblings
speak his name
one shot
they disappearin!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Samora Moises Machel wrote: Would make sense for an african team hiring him as opposed to clowns like Lamouchie hired by CIV at world cup.
With all the corruption, mismanagement and confusion, which coach in his right mind will want to coach an African national team

I will not wish NFF on any coach :winking:
Last edited by Rawlings on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

idiots...Frank would get a good manager job anywhere in Europe if he wanted...if he is in FL running a prep school...I put that down to choice...Period.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The thread creator has not provided a link or any source to verify the story....... This how untrue rumours are spread
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

In an interview with Dutch football magazine Voetbal International former Ajax and AC Milan legend Frank Rijkaard announces he will not return to the world of football as a manager.

http://www.football-oranje.com/frank-ri ... al-career/
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Coach wrote:
:ohmy:

Aint no other kings in this ball game
they siblings
speak his name
one shot
they disappearin!
blasphemy from the OP.

Could Rijkaard have managed it against TP at the Britannia, Monday night, rain, no towel for the throw-ins? I think not.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

America always wants the best of the best and that is why Rijkaard is coaching intermediate kids. We expect to see American kids playing proper football in about 7 years.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****