Best Football Terrace Chants

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Best Football Terrace Chants

Post by txj »

cic old boy wrote:
txj wrote:
Its ALSO being started online these days...and then to the pubs...and then to the terraces.
Strongly doubt it. Any evidence of fans planning new songs online?

On LFC forum, yes...

Also banner ideas btw...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

cic old boy wrote:
txj wrote:
Its ALSO being started online these days...and then to the pubs...and then to the terraces.
Strongly doubt it. Any evidence of fans planning new songs online?
Happens on fan forums ..
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Samora Machel wrote:Cic is correct. There was some documentary on Alex Ferguson after he retired and it briefly touched on the terrace chants and they are indeed started by a hardcore group of fans and they meet in a pub and practice and share ideas and they take it to the terraces and its just catches on

I guess goes back to CICs point in another heated thread thag we are outsiders to this thing as compared to the real fans :taunt:
Dude, this is 2015 and how do 50k fans assemble in the same pub? Go to the fan's websites and see for yourself and stop referring to some two decades old documentary......
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Ekorian wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:Cic is correct. There was some documentary on Alex Ferguson after he retired and it briefly touched on the terrace chants and they are indeed started by a hardcore group of fans and they meet in a pub and practice and share ideas and they take it to the terraces and its just catches on

I guess goes back to CICs point in another heated thread thag we are outsiders to this thing as compared to the real fans :taunt:
Dude, this is 2015 and how do 50k fans assemble in the same pub? Go to the fan's websites and see for yourself and stop referring to some two decades old documentary......
dont be daft.

you need a few people in a pub to start a chant, not an entire stadium

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

tfco wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

dont be daft.

I meant 5k( how often do you see a 50k capacity stadium? )

Just like the pub you went in Brasilia Abi! Mumu midget. have you ever heard of an entire section of about 5k fans chanting the same song? We're those fans at the same pub?
Have you ever even been to a Manure fans website before yearning your Opaks?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Ekorian wrote:
tfco wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

dont be daft.

Just like the pub you went in Brasilia Abi! Mumu midget. have you ever heard of an entire section of about 5k fans chanting the same song? We're those fans at the same pub?
It isn't all 50k fans all singing the songs at games it's usually just a small section.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kalani JR wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
tfco wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

dont be daft.

It isn't all 50k fans all singing the songs at games it's usually just a small section.
Go to Anfield and see if it's only a few fans chanting you'll never walk alone or WHL chanting "He's one of our own" or West Ham chanting what ever those spammers chant
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

pajimoh wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
tfco wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

dont be daft.

Go to Anfield and see if it's only a few fans chanting you'll never walk alone or WHL chanting "He's one of our own" or West Ham chanting what ever those spammers chant
We're talking one off terrace chant and you're talking about official club songs please think.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Ekorian wrote:
tfco wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

dont be daft.

I meant 5k( how often do you see a 50k capacity stadium? )

:lol:
why get so defensive when you get caught.
yes you do hear entire sections chanting the same song (United - GGMU, Pool - YNWA...)

i never visited a pub in Brasilia but i post to 2 United fan sites - hope that helps.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cito wrote:
Eclipse wrote:
kbt wrote:
Prince wrote:
cito us wrote:When the ball hits your head
When you're sat in row Zed,
That's Jon Obi!

When the ball hits the boot
Of your car parked en route,
That's Jon Obi!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Lol..I've heard that sung for Zamora too. Can be done for Okocha as well. It's to the tune of That's Amore by the way
Abeg cito should stop being mischievous..I have watched Chelsea a few times along with quite a few epl teams and the only person that song was about was bobby zamora..even his surname fits in with the melody of the song. Those of us that are musically inclined knows jon obi just does not work with the chorus. Abeg..carry your lie comot!!
Ok.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kalani JR wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
tfco wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

dont be daft.

We're talking one off terrace chant and you're talking about official club songs please think.
that should teach me to read the whole thread instead of the last contribution :arrow:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Man City's newest terrace chant:

We've got an African superstar,
Iheanacho,
Stick with City and you'll go far,
Iheanacho,
With a title here,
some other silverware,
scoring goals with both his feet and some from in the air,
Super Eagles Superstar,
Iheanacho.

(Sung to the 'Old Macdonald had a farm, E. I. E. I. O.' theme) http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threa ... 8/page-136
:lol: :lol: :lol:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Damunk wrote:Man City's newest terrace chant:

Iheanacho,
Iheanacho,
With a title here,
some other silverware,
Super Eagles Superstar,
Iheanacho.

(Sung to the 'Old Macdonald had a farm, E. I. E. I. O.' theme) http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threa ... 8/page-136
finding it a bit difficult to make it rhyme. But i prefer "Nacho Man" ala Homer Simpson
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:

Iheanacho,
Iheanacho,
With a title here,
some other silverware,
Super Eagles Superstar,
Iheanacho.

finding it a bit difficult to make it rhyme. But i prefer "Nacho Man" ala Homer Simpson
Try: 'Ihi-ana-cho' for 'E I E I O'
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Iheanacho,
Iheanacho,
With a title here,
some other silverware,
Super Eagles Superstar,
Iheanacho.

Were you also at the pub? :taunt:
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Ekorian wrote:

Chief the chants are created in pubs and those hardcore fans will sing them on coaches to away matches and so on and because these guys are well known by dedicated supporters everyone is eager to latch onto whatever they start belting out on match day.

Btw the documentary wasnt decades old it was made a year or so after Fergie retired so its pretty recent
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Yaya-Yaya Toure
Yaya-Yaya Toure
So before, he breaks away and he scores
Oh Yaya Toure I think we should pay you some more.

[/video]
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

:clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John Stones to Chelsea: Everton fans start funny new Stones chant to the tune of the Beatles after £38m bid rejected

Money really can't buy you Stones

JAMES ORR Author Biography Sunday 30 August 2015

Everton have rejected four bids from Chelsea for their defender John Stones, the most recent being £38m, and their fans were quick to taunt the Blues this weekend, with a new chant sung to the tune of the Beatles "Can't Buy Me Love", replacing the words with "Money Can't Buy You Stones".

The fans were filmed singing the tune prior to the Toffees goalless draw at Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.

Earlier this week, Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has issued a statement in which he says he has rejected a transfer request from Stones, adding the 21-year-old is "not for sale".

The 21-year-old defender's request, which was submitted on Tuesday, was rejected by manager Roberto Martinez on Thursday morning before the club released a statement by Everton chairman Bill Kenwright.

Kenwright said in the statement on the club's official website: "Everton Football Club has rejected a transfer request from John Stones.

"Since the start of the transfer window, we have resolutely turned down offers from another Premier League football club for our player.

"John is not for sale and he will remain a highly valued member of our first team squad."
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 78787.html
http://www.naijiant.com/
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Damunk wrote:
tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

[/video]
Madness!!!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kai I am crying at work... in stiches. OMG that has to be one of the funniest sh.i.t I have heard in a while
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The Harry Potter chants at Jonjo Shelvey were cruelly hilarious...

platinum wrote:[/video]

"He's coming for you, Harry Potter, he's coming for you"

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Stevie G live on Merseyside "The Toure brothers". Classic.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

cic old boy wrote:
Manchester United chant composer par excellence Pete Boyle conducts a singalong at The Bishop Blaize, Manchester. Photograph: Gary Calton

Who on earth comes up with these chants? How are they taught? Do they spontaneously erupt one day, like-minded wags hitting upon something that catches? Do they develop over time, added to line by line, as events on the pitch dictate? Or is there some terrace elder who sits down before matches, sucking his pencil and thinking up rhymes for players like Tomasz Kuszczak, for phrases that will embalm the moment Wigan were overcome one-nil?

The idea was once fodder for comedian Paul Kaye, who crafted a sketch about "bespoke football chant composer" Labian Quest ("What's the general sentiment you'd like the piece to convey?" Kaye's character asks a customer. "General poverty, bad housing, a focus on poor diet?"). But such characters do exist. Here at Old Trafford, the near-continuous song in J and K stand is led by a silver-haired, iron-lunged fanatic called Pete Boyle, a man who has had his words sung from the stands for decades.

"I've written hundreds over the years," says Boyle, who teaches his creations to the masses in local pub The Bishop Blaize. "Some that are only ever going to be pub songs, some to sing on the coach, and catchier ones for the terraces."
Read more:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/200 ... ter-united
Thanks cic. I always wondered how the songs came to be.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I'm forever blowing bubbles!

For a small club that chant is very famous. Green Street Hooligans also helped its popularity.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT