Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:42 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:44 pm 

cic old boy wrote:
txj wrote:

Its ALSO being started online these days...and then to the pubs...and then to the terraces.

Strongly doubt it. Any evidence of fans planning new songs online?

On LFC forum, yes...

Also banner ideas btw...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:25 pm 

cic old boy wrote:
txj wrote:

Its ALSO being started online these days...and then to the pubs...and then to the terraces.

Strongly doubt it. Any evidence of fans planning new songs online?

Happens on fan forums ..

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:47 pm 

Samora Machel wrote:
Cic is correct. There was some documentary on Alex Ferguson after he retired and it briefly touched on the terrace chants and they are indeed started by a hardcore group of fans and they meet in a pub and practice and share ideas and they take it to the terraces and its just catches on

I guess goes back to CICs point in another heated thread thag we are outsiders to this thing as compared to the real fans :taunt:

Dude, this is 2015 and how do 50k fans assemble in the same pub? Go to the fan's websites and see for yourself and stop referring to some two decades old documentary......

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:19 pm 

Ekorian wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
Cic is correct. There was some documentary on Alex Ferguson after he retired and it briefly touched on the terrace chants and they are indeed started by a hardcore group of fans and they meet in a pub and practice and share ideas and they take it to the terraces and its just catches on

I guess goes back to CICs point in another heated thread thag we are outsiders to this thing as compared to the real fans :taunt:

Dude, this is 2015 and how do 50k fans assemble in the same pub? Go to the fan's websites and see for yourself and stop referring to some two decades old documentary......

dont be daft.

you need a few people in a pub to start a chant, not an entire stadium

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:09 am 

tfco wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

dont be daft.

I meant 5k( how often do you see a 50k capacity stadium? )

Just like the pub you went in Brasilia Abi! Mumu midget. have you ever heard of an entire section of about 5k fans chanting the same song? We're those fans at the same pub?
Have you ever even been to a Manure fans website before yearning your Opaks?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:20 am 

Ekorian wrote:
tfco wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

dont be daft.

Just like the pub you went in Brasilia Abi! Mumu midget. have you ever heard of an entire section of about 5k fans chanting the same song? We're those fans at the same pub?

It isn't all 50k fans all singing the songs at games it's usually just a small section.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:48 am 

kalani JR wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
tfco wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

dont be daft.

It isn't all 50k fans all singing the songs at games it's usually just a small section.

Go to Anfield and see if it's only a few fans chanting you'll never walk alone or WHL chanting "He's one of our own" or West Ham chanting what ever those spammers chant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:18 am 

pajimoh wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
tfco wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

dont be daft.

Go to Anfield and see if it's only a few fans chanting you'll never walk alone or WHL chanting "He's one of our own" or West Ham chanting what ever those spammers chant

We're talking one off terrace chant and you're talking about official club songs please think.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:48 am 

Ekorian wrote:
tfco wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

dont be daft.

I meant 5k( how often do you see a 50k capacity stadium? )

:lol:
why get so defensive when you get caught.
yes you do hear entire sections chanting the same song (United - GGMU, Pool - YNWA...)

i never visited a pub in Brasilia but i post to 2 United fan sites - hope that helps.

AFCON 2019 - DRIVE for FIVE

FOUR > THREE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:59 am 

Cito wrote:
Eclipse wrote:
kbt wrote:
Prince wrote:
cito us wrote:
When the ball hits your head
When you're sat in row Zed,
That's Jon Obi!

When the ball hits the boot
Of your car parked en route,
That's Jon Obi!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Lol..I've heard that sung for Zamora too. Can be done for Okocha as well. It's to the tune of That's Amore by the way

Abeg cito should stop being mischievous..I have watched Chelsea a few times along with quite a few epl teams and the only person that song was about was bobby zamora..even his surname fits in with the melody of the song. Those of us that are musically inclined knows jon obi just does not work with the chorus. Abeg..carry your lie comot!!

Ok.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:20 am 

kalani JR wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
tfco wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

dont be daft.

We're talking one off terrace chant and you're talking about official club songs please think.

that should teach me to read the whole thread instead of the last contribution :arrow:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:01 am 

Man City's newest terrace chant:

We've got an African superstar,
Iheanacho,
Stick with City and you'll go far,
Iheanacho,
With a title here,
some other silverware,
scoring goals with both his feet and some from in the air,
Super Eagles Superstar,
Iheanacho.

(Sung to the 'Old Macdonald had a farm, E. I. E. I. O.' theme) http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threa ... 8/page-136
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:22 am 

Damunk wrote:

Iheanacho,
Iheanacho,
With a title here,
some other silverware,
Super Eagles Superstar,
Iheanacho.

(Sung to the 'Old Macdonald had a farm, E. I. E. I. O.' theme) http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threa ... 8/page-136

finding it a bit difficult to make it rhyme. But i prefer "Nacho Man" ala Homer Simpson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:52 am 

pajimoh wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Iheanacho,
Iheanacho,
With a title here,
some other silverware,
Super Eagles Superstar,
Iheanacho.

finding it a bit difficult to make it rhyme. But i prefer "Nacho Man" ala Homer Simpson

Try: 'Ihi-ana-cho' for 'E I E I O'

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:05 pm 

Damunk wrote:

Iheanacho,
Iheanacho,
With a title here,
some other silverware,
Super Eagles Superstar,
Iheanacho.

Were you also at the pub? :taunt:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:17 pm 

Ekorian wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

Chief the chants are created in pubs and those hardcore fans will sing them on coaches to away matches and so on and because these guys are well known by dedicated supporters everyone is eager to latch onto whatever they start belting out on match day.

Btw the documentary wasnt decades old it was made a year or so after Fergie retired so its pretty recent

Mama, give us a signal. We are waiting ma- Juju

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:14 pm 

Yaya-Yaya Toure
Yaya-Yaya Toure
So before, he breaks away and he scores
Oh Yaya Toure I think we should pay you some more.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:41 am 

:clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
John Stones to Chelsea: Everton fans start funny new Stones chant to the tune of the Beatles after £38m bid rejected

Money really can't buy you Stones

JAMES ORR Author Biography Sunday 30 August 2015

Everton have rejected four bids from Chelsea for their defender John Stones, the most recent being £38m, and their fans were quick to taunt the Blues this weekend, with a new chant sung to the tune of the Beatles "Can't Buy Me Love", replacing the words with "Money Can't Buy You Stones".

The fans were filmed singing the tune prior to the Toffees goalless draw at Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday.

Earlier this week, Everton chairman Bill Kenwright has issued a statement in which he says he has rejected a transfer request from Stones, adding the 21-year-old is "not for sale".

The 21-year-old defender's request, which was submitted on Tuesday, was rejected by manager Roberto Martinez on Thursday morning before the club released a statement by Everton chairman Bill Kenwright.

Kenwright said in the statement on the club's official website: "Everton Football Club has rejected a transfer request from John Stones.

"Since the start of the transfer window, we have resolutely turned down offers from another Premier League football club for our player.

"John is not for sale and he will remain a highly valued member of our first team squad."
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 78787.html

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:42 pm 

Damunk wrote:
tfco wrote:

Madness!!!!

Kai I am crying at work... in stiches. OMG that has to be one of the funniest sh.i.t I have heard in a while

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:20 pm 

The Harry Potter chants at Jonjo Shelvey were cruelly hilarious...

platinum wrote:

"He's coming for you, Harry Potter, he's coming for you"

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:31 pm 

Stevie G live on Merseyside "The Toure brothers". Classic.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:24 pm 

cic old boy wrote:
Quote:
Manchester United chant composer par excellence Pete Boyle conducts a singalong at The Bishop Blaize, Manchester. Photograph: Gary Calton

Who on earth comes up with these chants? How are they taught? Do they spontaneously erupt one day, like-minded wags hitting upon something that catches? Do they develop over time, added to line by line, as events on the pitch dictate? Or is there some terrace elder who sits down before matches, sucking his pencil and thinking up rhymes for players like Tomasz Kuszczak, for phrases that will embalm the moment Wigan were overcome one-nil?

The idea was once fodder for comedian Paul Kaye, who crafted a sketch about "bespoke football chant composer" Labian Quest ("What's the general sentiment you'd like the piece to convey?" Kaye's character asks a customer. "General poverty, bad housing, a focus on poor diet?"). But such characters do exist. Here at Old Trafford, the near-continuous song in J and K stand is led by a silver-haired, iron-lunged fanatic called Pete Boyle, a man who has had his words sung from the stands for decades.

"I've written hundreds over the years," says Boyle, who teaches his creations to the masses in local pub The Bishop Blaize. "Some that are only ever going to be pub songs, some to sing on the coach, and catchier ones for the terraces."

Read more:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/200 ... ter-united

Thanks cic. I always wondered how the songs came to be.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:41 pm 

I'm forever blowing bubbles!

For a small club that chant is very famous. Green Street Hooligans also helped its popularity.

Inaction has been considered a grave danger, but 'misaction' is a greater evil. With inaction, a known problem grows in magnitude; however, with misaction a known problem morphs into an unspecified number of known and unknown derivatives of the initial problem. With inaction you are left with a gargantuan disaster, but with misaction you are left with an untold variety of gargantuan disasters. Act swiftly, but more importantly do not respond inappropriately. Awon musings lati enu tbite.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next