Kenya-Somali results just in

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otuoma Wuon Ogolo
Egg
Egg
Kenya-Somali results just in

Post by Otuoma Wuon Ogolo »

This is an update from Africa's premier soccer tournament in Ethiopia.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200412140760.html

The last time Kenya played Somalia was in the preliminary qualifying rounds for the 2004 Athens Olympic Games tournament and Kenya won by more than 10 goals on aggregate.

On paper therefore, the Harambee Stars' eastern neighbours should not provide much of a bother to Twahir Muhiddin's side.

But the coach's face must flush with anger every time he looks at the tape of the match against Sudan. It was Kenya's game for the taking. Sudan, despite packing their defence and midfield, leaked at the back like a sieve but the Kenyan attackers simply failed to put away the numerous chances they got and paid for it.

The Sudanese attack had been rendered impotent after being denied supply by the Kenyan midfield where Anthony Mathenge was in charge. However, twice, they caught the Kenyan back out and on both occasions, scored.

Kenya beat Somalia as Uganda lose

Story by NATION Reporter
Publication Date: 12/15/2004
Kenya's Harambee Stars ground out a 1-0 win over tournament minnows Somalia in a Group "B" East and Central Africa Challenge Cup soccer match at Addis National Stadium yesterday.

The lone goal was scored in the ninth minute by John Baraza. But the expected goal avalanche did not materialise as Somalia held on bravely to contain the highest ranked team in the tournament.

Harambee Stars now lie second with four points and must beat Uganda in their last group match on Saturday to guarantee passage to the semi-finals.

Earlier at the same venue Sudan climbed to the top of the group after beating defending champions Uganda 2-1 in a high-paced match.

Sudan scored either half in a match they always appeared in control. Uganda did look like they were going to salvage the match after they pulled one back in the 83rd minute but their late onslaught failed to yield the decisive breakthrough.

It was ample revenge for the Sudanese who, as hosts, were knocked out in the semi-finals of the same competition last year by Uganda.

Tanzania take on Burundi Thursday from 4 pm knowing they need to win to keep their chance of qualifying from a tight Group "A" following the opening round of matches.

The five-team group has the first four teams bunched up on three points each except Tanzania who have yet to register a win.

Burundi narrowly lost to hosts Ethiopia 1-2 but bounced back to shock pre-match favourites Rwanda with an inspired 3-1 win. These results puts them as marginal favourites. Ethiopia and Rwanda play in the second match of the day for a result that will determine who takes leadership of the group.
Last edited by Otuoma Wuon Ogolo on Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Im just rubbing my hands with glee now...can't wait
Otuoma Wuon Ogolo
Egg
Egg

see the update. Kenya won again.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I guess this what we should expect when two emaciated football teams play. :wink:
Otuoma Wuon Ogolo wrote:see the update. Kenya won again.
Otuoma Wuon Ogolo
Egg
Egg

YUJAM wrote:I guess this what we should expect when two emaciated football teams play. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are taking undue advantage of the Famine situation plaguing East Africa.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

No food = no energy! :lol:

On a serious note, I am happy that you were able to see that my post was done in jest. Kenya should be whacking Somalia tho!
Otuoma Wuon Ogolo wrote:
YUJAM wrote:I guess this what we should expect when two emaciated football teams play. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are taking undue advantage of the Famine situation plaguing East Africa.
TD
Egg
Egg

Post by TD »

Why is this in this forum now. This is not fair o.
Otuoma Wuon Ogolo
Egg
Egg

TD wrote:Why is this in this forum now. This is not fair o.
Thanks T.D
Showing disdain for other teams and countries. This is discrimation of the highest order. I will protest this.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Whats going on? First this thread was in Rant and Rave .... and then in Other Sports. Twice I've moved it back to the Eagles Nest.

Whoever is moving it ....... stop.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
SUYA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by SUYA »

The person should have deleted this crap............because now I am being accused of moving this. Applogies must be issued or troops will be mobilized.....no kid or lizard will be safe in Nairobi !!!!
The above comments are private and not affiliated with supersport in any manner or form
Altobelli
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Altobelli »

This is total disrespect! :twisted: Kai, Otuoma if you want to go on the rampage give me a call I will back you up! :lol:
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

Otouma, We are with you as you undertake your fight.

SUPPORT FREE SPEECH
Otuoma Wuon Ogolo
Egg
Egg

asabe wrote:Otouma, We are with you as you undertake your fight.

SUPPORT FREE SPEECH
Asabe, I think SUYA was just kiddin'. I forgive him here. But when we meet in Nairobi or Lagos, it will be another matter. Have you noticed how they think our soccer sucks? I bet you they wouldn't have said this during the hey days of Gor and AFC. Nowadays most players have left the country for stato...ama?
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

Otuoma Wuon Ogolo wrote:
asabe wrote:Otouma, We are with you as you undertake your fight.

SUPPORT FREE SPEECH
Asabe, I think SUYA was just kiddin'. I forgive him here. But when we meet in Nairobi or Lagos, it will be another matter. Have you noticed how they think our soccer sucks? I bet you they wouldn't have said this during the hey days of Gor and AFC. Nowadays most players have left the country for stato...ama?
Very true, Kenya has had some really great players. Maplayers
Kama Zamalek, Mulamba, Fundi had the talent to succeed anywhere. But then, all that mattered was AFC and GOR.
Allot of players have moved to stato. I remember I met Allan Odhiambo(used to play for GOR), in one of the get togethers.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Otuoma, I keep searching for Kenya's name on the CAF ranking. Where are they?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Otuoma Wuon Ogolo
Egg
Egg

Very true, Kenya has had some really great players. Maplayers
Kama Zamalek, Mulamba, Fundi had the talent to succeed anywhere. But then, all that mattered was AFC and GOR.
Allot of players have moved to stato. I remember I met Allan Odhiambo(used to play for GOR), in one of the get togethers

Hapo umesema. You forgot JJ Masiga! He could run very fast and score at will. It's so sad he never played in '87. Abbas Magongo had Jay-Jay skills too. Arguably the best number 6 Kenya has ever had. Ahsante mzee.