ADAM JOHNSON IN STATUTORY RAPE SOUP

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg
Re: ADAM JOHNSON IN STATUTORY RAPE SOUP

Post by Ipe Grams »

Samora Moises Machel wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
walesvilla wrote:Is girl claiming he raped her??. girl family just using style to collect money. how can they prove statutory rape if the girl had told him she was 17??
Johnson should be ok

i dont know about the UK, but statutory rape is generally a strict liability offense. It doesn't matter what she told him, if she is 15, and he slept with her, he would be guilty if they have that same standard there.

But there are extenuating circmstances. Lets say you sleep with a 15 year old you met in a pub or nightclub. Even though technically they can still prosecute you could argue that by being in an establishment that or should enforce no under 18 policy, it is reasonable to assume the girl and everyone in it is 18 and over

Wow! there is no extenuating circumstances whether he knew or din't know here age, whether she din't look 15 and looked older it's no defence in court.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

walesvilla wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
walesvilla wrote:Is girl claiming he raped her??. girl family just using style to collect money. how can they prove statutory rape if the girl had told him she was 17??
Johnson should be ok

i dont know about the UK, but statutory rape is generally a strict liability offense. It doesn't matter what she told him, if she is 15, and he slept with her, he would be guilty if they have that same standard there.

That's what I thought too...
So how do you expect him to know or proof she was 15 before doing it – Or was he expected to ask her for ID -
It doesn't matter as once he's done it knowing her age or not knowing her age is no defence.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Brethren, before hastily arriving at the conclusion that daddy, with dollar sign eyeballs, is thinking about the monetary might of such a matter, let relativity lend to argument. How many here, on learning that a fully grown man has been flopping out his pokemon to tuck in to your under-aged daughter's gongo aso, would do differently?
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Dis Coach sef............
A girl that young cannot possibly have a "gongo aso".
More like a kitty kat or something.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

Johnson should be ok
Ignorance of the law is not an excuse for crime. So it really doesn't matter how old she claimed to be, if she's underage then it's statutory rape. It's your responsibility to find out her true age before you bang her!

But my question is, how can it be statutory rape if she's 15? Shebi the age of consent in all of EU countries is 14 years??? :???:
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

But he was good
How did he not make it at man city?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Yep. It does not matter if Adam believed she was 50 years old (or if the girl had grey hair). If she was only 15 when he slept with her - he will be convicted.
metalalloy wrote:
Johnson should be ok

Last edited by wiseone on Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Rape to me connotes an act of sexual intercourse that is not consensual. While the definition is much broader than this simplified form to include underage sex, it is madness, just because the law says it, to accuse a man of rape if

1. it's Consensual and
2. The female involved, in this particular case, looks older than 15 that any reasonable man/woman would not suspect her to be under 16.

It means people would have to start producing birth cert before intercourse.

Since some people who are older can actually look quite young and vise versa.

Rape should be non consensual or KNOWING the person involved is under the age of consent
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

pajimoh wrote:Rape to me connotes an act of sexual intercourse that is not consensual. While the definition is much broader than this simplified form to include underage sex, it is madness, just because the law says it, to accuse a man of rape if

1. it's Consensual and
2. The female involved, in this particular case, looks older than 15 that any reasonable man/woman would not suspect her to be under 16.

Rape should be non consensual or KNOWING the person involved is under the age of consent
Then you had better start asking for birth certificate because irrespective of how old she looks you will be convicted of rape as long as she is under the age of consent. The "circumstances" ie how old she looks or where you met her will determine the kind of sentence but not whether you get convicted.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

metalalloy wrote:
Johnson should be ok

...so always check id before :???:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

That is why it is "statutory" rape. The point the law makes is that a girl under 16 is incapable of giving valid consent to sex because she is too immature. That is why 16 is called "the age of consent". Under the same principle juveniles cannot be convicted of crimes or sent to adult prison because the law presumes them too young to know what they are doing. If the law did not have these red lines, adults would sleep with 5 year olds and claim that the child "consented".
pajimoh wrote:Rape to me connotes an act of sexual intercourse that is not consensual. While the definition is much broader than this simplified form to include underage sex, it is madness, just because the law says it, to accuse a man of rape if

1. it's Consensual and

Last edited by wiseone on Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

so if a Boy of 15yrs sleeps with woman of 22yrs - is that also statutory rape??
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

You're still missing the point I'm trying to make. I whole heartedly believe children and minor need to be protected.

Here's a scenario where you've gone out and met what you assume is a nice lady. She looks mature so you don't have any reason to doubt she's under 16 and maybe she even lied during conversation that she's 23 or something.

Then something happened between the two of you, consensual. You later got a knock at your door a few weeks later saying you slept with a minor and as such you're a rapist.

You are not ignorant of the law because had she looked under age or even confirmed is under age, you'd back off but in this case nature and the girl herself deceived you.

Rape in my view is a strong word in this case. It practically puts you in the same bracket as those who go out to force themselves on others.

Yes it should be punishable but it should not be rape
wiseone wrote:That is why it is "statutory" rape. The point the law makes is that a girl under 16 is incapable of giving valid consent to sex because she is too immature. That is why 16 is called "the age of consent". Under the same principle juveniles cannot be convicted of crimes or sent to adult prison because the law presumes then too young to know what they are doing. If the law did not have these red lines, adults would sleep with 5 year olds and claim that the child "consented".

1. it's Consensual and

Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

walesvilla wrote:so if a Boy of 15yrs sleeps with woman of 22yrs - is that also statutory rape??
Yes
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

anointed wrote:
walesvilla wrote:so if a Boy of 15yrs sleeps with woman of 22yrs - is that also statutory rape??
Yes
what if woman try to use rape as her a get out joker card??
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

pajimoh wrote:You're still missing the point I'm trying to make. I whole heartedly believe children and minor need to be protected.

Here's a scenario where you've gone out and met what you assume is a nice lady. She looks mature so you don't have any reason to doubt she's under 16 and maybe she even lied during conversation that she's 23 or something.

Then something happened between the two of you, consensual. You later got a knock at your door a few weeks later saying you slept with a minor and as such you're a rapist.

You are not ignorant of the law because had she looked under age or even confirmed is under age, you'd back off but in this case nature and the girl herself deceived you.

Rape in my view is a strong word in this case. It practically puts you in the same bracket as those who go out to force themselves on others.

wiseone wrote:That is why it is "statutory" rape. The point the law makes is that a girl under 16 is incapable of giving valid consent to sex because she is too immature. That is why 16 is called "the age of consent". Under the same principle juveniles cannot be convicted of crimes or sent to adult prison because the law presumes then too young to know what they are doing. If the law did not have these red lines, adults would sleep with 5 year olds and claim that the child "consented".

1. it's Consensual and

#

Thank you. Finish. Klaar
It is simply unfair to convict some of these men. The premise of the law there is that at 15 years 11 months a girl is not mature enough to consent. But a month later when she is 16 her maturity suddenly leaps to allow consent. Nonsense :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: This is a case where the spirit rather than the letter of the law should prevail. Police officer should exercise his discretion before pulling out handcuffs
Last edited by Comrade Machel on Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Yep.
The only difference is that male convicts of statutory rape usually tend to be punished more harshly than their female counterparts. e.g. female teachers who sleep with teenage boys usually get sentences far more lenient than e.g. a 25 yo man who sleeps with a 15 yo.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I know that a man may innocently fall foul of this law if he genuinely believes that the girl is an adult. I am not arguing the morals of it. Rather I was merely stating the mechanical way the law views the issue - AKA strict liability.
pajimoh wrote:You're still missing the point I'm trying to make. I whole heartedly believe children and minor need to be protected.

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

1. it's Consensual and

They need to just get on with it and ban fornication all together. Some of these laws are ridiculous.

I don't subscribe to underage sex but there are situations were young girls genuinely look older than their age.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Yes, I believe so.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
Yes, I believe so.
...yes but punishment lesser. Many happening at USA high schools, women teachers on boys.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

what is Adam Johnson's side of the story, i can see a picture there of him and the girl, it would seem he knew her prior to the event.

Now isnt it treading on murky waters even if say a girl is 16 or 17, already as a guy you pushing it with such young types and in high danger of being lied to, especially since we all agree that the laws are ridiculous.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

The moral of the story here is that men should only shag intelligent girls/women with good hearts.

Anything else, is just asking for trouble.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu