Good Advert For African Football!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

YUJAM wrote:Did anyone see the opening ceremony on TV5? The thing was off da hook. In my estimation, Tunisia won some major brownie pts in their quest to host the World Cup.
Yujam, is TV5 available on Dish Network..
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Kai! Things are good for UK Cybers:

BBC 2
BBC 3
Eurosport
BEN TV
TV5

My oh my!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Robbynice wrote:
mister dolly wrote:
Robbynice wrote:mister dolly, where did you watch the game?
ART America....remember I warned you about AIT..
I know. But thank God alternative option don dey. One of my boys just call me just now.
You're just a sucker for punishment sha. I thot you had ART; So you just went to kiss a$$ for nada?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

YUJAM wrote:Did anyone see the opening ceremony on TV5? The thing was off da hook. In my estimation, Tunisia won some major brownie pts in their quest to host the World Cup.
Yeah, I saw it; very impressive; I was surprised to see an "Egupt 2010" billboard though considering Tunisia is also in the race for 2010.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

YUJAM wrote:The ref did well in my estimation. I hope Dioufy was watching because the ref sent a clear message that diving will not be tolerated. By the way, since ART seemed to be broadcasting in English, French and Arabic at the same time (was this by design?), I heard the Super Sport announcer say that this year all refs will have their performances assessed after each game. CAF has 12 assessors in this tourney plus the video equipment to make this possible.
Yeah, I was plesantly surprised about the Supersport commentaries; it initially started with just French and Arabic then suddenly the English commentaries starting coming in and towards the end it was much more prevalent...I guess they're doing this for their North American viewers.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Dolly:
TV5 is on Dish Net. Channel 606.

Yemster:
Super Sport commentary was quite good!
mister dolly wrote:
Yujam, is TV5 available on Dish Network..
Bubus
Egg
Egg

Post by Bubus »

Mark Gleeson was the supersport commentator.

I still wonder how Rwanda beat ghana. :shock:
JJ Okocha will take this freekick... curls it in! Oh! ...curls it right in!! What a goal?!! What a moment of magic from JJ Okocha?!! And its 1-1!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Good Advert For African Football!

Post by theYemster »

YUJAM wrote:I was very impressed by the standard of football on display today. True that Tunisians were a class above the Rwandans in the organization and discipline aspect of the game, but if Rwanda is the worst Africa has to offer, then I can say with confidence that our football has come a long way.

The Tunisians are very good but one has to also give respect to the Rwandans for the way they played. Clearly, a few of their players will be snapped up by foreign clubs. Rwanda looks to have a bright future.

I hope the rest of the ANC games are of this quality.
I can name two cousins who probably are gagging right now considering both teams played with foreign coaches....Bell and Gotti.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

bamendaboy wrote:So, can some objective observer(except Omey) tell me about the officiating of the game. Was it poor? Some people say the Rwandans were a little 2 rough on their tackles, so were the cards justified? Most Cameoonians don't know of this ref. Please some objective guy should give us info. Martin, where art thou?
bamendaboy,
Don't give a damn to what that guy (Omey?) said about the ref. Evina (ref) did a splendid job. I repeat SPLENDID.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

mouko wrote:
bamendaboy wrote:So, can some objective observer(except Omey) tell me about the officiating of the game. Was it poor? Some people say the Rwandans were a little 2 rough on their tackles, so were the cards justified? Most Cameoonians don't know of this ref. Please some objective guy should give us info. Martin, where art thou?
bamendaboy,
Don't give a damn to what that guy (Omey?) said about the ref. Evina (ref) did a splendid job. I repeat SPLENDID.

Mouko:

I do not know about him doing a splendid job. IMO, he was average. In certain cases, he overreacted. I do not expect him officiating in the championship game or the semi-finals of this competition.
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

If this is the Rwanda that beat Ghana, then I wonder at level Ghana is. The match was anemic. Rwanda is going home but I don't see Tunisia going beyond the 1/4 finals if they even make the second round. They appear not to half the mental fortitude to do it.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

mouko wrote:If this is the Rwanda that beat Ghana, then I wonder at level Ghana is. The match was anemic. Rwanda is going home but I don't see Tunisia going beyond the 1/4 finals if they even make the second round. They appear not to half the mental fortitude to do it.
Do forget Rwanda is very good at set piece.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Mouko:

The game was not as bad as you portray it. IMO, Rwanda played in very controlled manner and nearly achieved the obvious draw that they had sought. Those who have become accostumed to this type of football as widely exhibited in Europe cannot be disappointed by Rwanda's play. :lol: As for Tunisia, I agree that the team will need a miracle to win the Cup. However, they sure have a gem in their Brazilian star (Santos). He will be one of the top players in this tournament for sure. Clearly, Tunisia will go beyond the opening round but they will have a difficult time against the likes of Cameroon, Senegal, Mali, and Nigeria particularly when it appears that they lack any serious bite upfront.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

YUJAM wrote:I was very impressed by the standard of football on display today. True that Tunisians were a class above the Rwandans in the organization and discipline aspect of the game, but if Rwanda is the worst Africa has to offer, then I can say with confidence that our football has come a long way.

The Tunisians are very good but one has to also give respect to the Rwandans for the way they played. Clearly, a few of their players will be snapped up by foreign clubs. Rwanda looks to have a bright future.

I hope the rest of the ANC games are of this quality.
OK match.

Finishing was poor and the players were caught in offside a bit too often.
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

The referee was firm and fair. He did a good job and sending a message to those who intend to cheat by diving in order to draw a penalty. Rwanda inexperience was their undoing. They tried to dribble when they could have passed the ball and free an attacker. When they were trailing, they showed no sense of urgency. The foul that resulted in the second goal was very unnecessary. I think they will have to learn quickly otherwise they will never go anywhere.
If this is the best Tunisian team, then I pick Guinea to finish as group winners. It was a case of two bad teams.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

theYemster wrote:I can name two cousins who probably are gagging right now considering both teams played with foreign coaches....Bell and Gotti.
YEMSTER:
Your barb would have made sense if this was the FINAL (not opening) game!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

...and I hope that you will be around at the end of the competition to point out how many games Rwanda WON under it's touted foreign coach!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gotti wrote:...and I hope that you will be around at the end of the competition to point out how many games Rwanda WON under it's touted foreign coach!
You just don't get it do you? It doesn't matter how many games they end up winning or not winning; bottomline's that they're at the party. Whatever their fate in Tunisia, it'll be an improvement . :lol: :lol:

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

theYemster wrote:You just don't get it do you? It doesn't matter how many games they end up winning or not winning; bottomline's that they're at the party. Whatever their fate in Tunisia, it'll be an improvement . :lol: :lol:
....sheer sophistry. If getting to Tunisia was the big achievement of the Rwandese foreign coach that you so excitedly referred Bell and I to, what pray was the big "improvement" of Tunisia's foreign coach -- narrowly beating Rwanda at HOME?!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Gotti wrote: ....sheer sophistry. If getting to Tunisia was the big achievement of the Rwandese foreign coach that you so excitedly referred Bell and I to, what pray was the big "improvement" of Tunisia's foreign coach -- narrowly beating Rwanda at HOME?!
Sure beats losing at HOME to Mali 0-2 like they did last time out don't you think?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Yeah, I was plesantly surprised about the Supersport commentaries; it initially started with just French and Arabic then suddenly the English commentaries starting coming in and towards the end it was much more prevalent...I guess they're doing this for their North American viewers.
I watched the game on ART at a lasgide's house....Did u guys know that if you can turn off the arabic commentary by disconnecting or silencing some of ur tv's speakers
BIG JAY
Egg
Egg

Post by BIG JAY »

Enugu II wrote:In my opinion, the soccer was good and I was impressed by the Rwanda team. However, it is very clear that Lemerre's decision to sign the Brazilian -- Santos -- is HUGE. That guy is deadly with his control and ability to hold onto the ball, something very few others could match. Ofcourse, the immediate dividend was his goal. Talkless of his picturesque bicyle kick that was very stunning.
Abeg, what is with this Santos of a guy?? is he a Brazilian or what?? How did he end up n Rwandan team??
"pepper wey no pepper...., na Egusi"
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

I dont get what some of you guys were raving about that opening game. It just merely went a notch above average. The Rwandan's were rough, had no disernible pattern of play, and totally lacked ambition to equalise after going 2-1 down.

As for the Tunisians, their public were all too right to boo them after the first half. Their display in that half was diabolical. They appear to be a team that only do well when they are intimidating the opposition. As soon as Rwanda showed even the slightest form of attacking instinct in the first half, majority of the Tunisians retreated.

They did improve in the second half, but I think they will surly find it difficult to go far in this tournament.

The only thing I saw for sure in yesterday's match are two teams that are definitely not winnig this ANC.
To stop trying is to start dying