10 reasons why nigeria will win this cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pasamu
Egg
Egg
10 reasons why nigeria will win this cup

Post by pasamu »

Right folks this period between the start of the tourney and our first game is nearly always the most nerve wracking of times. For those who feel the gates of doom closing in on their hopes here are ten reasons why u should tell the wife put the kettle on the fire while u nip down to the market to get that celebratory goat, cow (or if u are an ondo or calabar man dog) and crates of guilder for the celebratory bash.

1) PREPARATION
Having your captain not bother turn up for training camp for most nations would be the first ingredients for disaster, but this isn’t “other nations” this is Nigeria. This will be the best prepared team for a nations tourney since tunis 94. when Pastor West says this camping has been excellent then enuff said . by the way for those upset about the quality of opposition played in warm ups when we were last successful in the nations cup we played just one warm up game against farense(stats men I stand ready to be corrected). That game ended in a 1-1 draw. So played 2 won 2 bodes well.
2) SQUAD STRENGTH
Again the inclusion of some players has been very contentious.but as unmerited as many may feel the inclusions of ekong and agali maybe, these players are no slouches. Neither is kumbur class and it goes to show how fierce the competition is for the super eagles now. The loss of west in defence means the central defence looks vulnerable and should anything happen to the starting two then nerves will be stretched, but most other areas are very effectively covered. Except goalkeeping but that’s another story.
3) FIREPOWER
The strength in the goal getting department is such that one should mention who is NOT going to realise the basket full of decent strikers we have. No martins, ogbeche, ijeh, obiokor, chei the list too plenty. And yet are we crying and gnashing teeth? no because uttaka, aiyegbeni, kanu, and Jag will be filing out in the green white green. And not just the strikers score. Garus garus weighs in with a brace in the friendlies, olofinjana has found the net in his league and a certain chunky fellow has been launching guided missiles which could get the Bolton management in trouble with the WMD weapons inspectors. I don’t think goal scoring will be Nigerias problem in this tournament.
4)CCC
Christian chukwu may not be a coach in the Einstein mould of brilliance but he aint homer simpson either. Much maligned as being clueless, careful perusal of his comments suggest he is a lot more knowledgeable than he is given credit for. I think his influence on the players maybe greater than we think it is and we may all be pleasantly surprised at the outcome.
5) JAY JAY OKOCHA
In great form. Good news if u are a Nigerian, lover of beautiful END PRODUCT football or low flying tunisian birds who living in the vicinity of stade de tunis; terrifying if u are Moroccan, South African, Beninois, Cameroonian , Egyptian etc etc
6) CLIMATIC CONDITIONS
In the heat of West Africa, (2000 and 2002 nations cup) Nigeria wilted. Anybody who watched the semi against Senegal cannot but have noticed the walking pace of the football by second half time. If it was hot in the stands imagine what it must have been like on the field. The heat did not help many of our stars who had little time to acclimatise before Mali 2002 started. Not this time. With temperatures akin to autumn in Europe the all action style of see me give me ball stars like okocha should not be too adversely affected.
7) GEORGE ABBEY
Don’t laugh. He is a real defender in the Gary Neville mould. (Ugly but effective). Most of our defenders are frustrated attackers. They as a result tend to take risks, rush forward and treat defending like an unwanted orphan. Not so abbey. The centre maybe iffy but with babayaro on one side and abbey on the other the wings are likely to be fart proof. At least for the first game anyway.
8)FOES TRAGIC DEATH.
Cameroon are formidable opposition. Without taking any of the other teams for granted, most Nigerians fear the mean machine in green red green. But Cameroon are not the same team without Foe. To watch him dictating things in the 2002 final was to watch the 3-5-2 system purring like a contended cat. Foe was the one who stroked the cat and got it to purr contentedly. No one can step so quickly and with the same efficiency and experience into his boots. Cameroon no Africa have lost a great player and it will hurt them.
9) NIGERIA NEEDS IT.
Okay not much of a footballing reason but with 110 million plus citizens wanting, no needing this victory to give them a reason to hope in the fractious entity Nigeria this must count for something. Especially if some are on their knees praying for it.
10) I AM GOING TO TUNIS
The best reason of the lot. Pasamu does not deprive samu of his milk and biscuits for the last 3 months just because he wants to know what colour "yeye" Diouf is going to dye his hair in tunis Pasamu does not drink his garri without coconut for 6 months to hire camel to ride to tunis just to see Cameroon mince around with de cup in kit more at home in some gay pride parade than africa’s premier football tournament!!!!!!!!!. They are going to win. If they don’t heh heh heh I am telling you now it will not be funny o
my times are in HIS hands
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Yeah.
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

i like your positivity!!!
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

can04 wrote:i like your positivity!!!
Thank you. :wink:
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

For many of the same reasons I have the same convictions. By Nigerian standards our preparations have been exemplary, and OBJ has realized the symbolic importance of football so the usual money issues are not present .

Enjoy the trip!
Last edited by Kneedeep on Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

We might just do it this time.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Very funny! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Upbendel
Egg
Egg
Re: 10 reasons why nigeria will win this cup

Post by Upbendel »

pasamu wrote:Right folks this period between the start of the tourney and our first game is nearly always the most nerve wracking of times. For those who feel the gates of doom closing in on their hopes here are ten reasons why u should tell the wife put the kettle on the fire while u nip down to the market to get that celebratory goat, cow (or if u are an ondo or calabar man dog) and crates of guilder for the celebratory bash.

1) PREPARATION
Having your captain not bother turn up for training camp for most nations would be the first ingredients for disaster, but this isn’t “other nations” this is Nigeria. This will be the best prepared team for a nations tourney since tunis 94. when Pastor West says this camping has been excellent then enuff said . by the way for those upset about the quality of opposition played in warm ups when we were last successful in the nations cup we played just one warm up game against farense(stats men I stand ready to be corrected). That game ended in a 1-1 draw. So played 2 won 2 bodes well.
2) SQUAD STRENGTH
Again the inclusion of some players has been very contentious.but as unmerited as many may feel the inclusions of ekong and agali maybe, these players are no slouches. Neither is kumbur class and it goes to show how fierce the competition is for the super eagles now. The loss of west in defence means the central defence looks vulnerable and should anything happen to the starting two then nerves will be stretched, but most other areas are very effectively covered. Except goalkeeping but that’s another story.
3) FIREPOWER
The strength in the goal getting department is such that one should mention who is NOT going to realise the basket full of decent strikers we have. No martins, ogbeche, ijeh, obiokor, chei the list too plenty. And yet are we crying and gnashing teeth? no because uttaka, aiyegbeni, kanu, and Jag will be filing out in the green white green. And not just the strikers score. Garus garus weighs in with a brace in the friendlies, olofinjana has found the net in his league and a certain chunky fellow has been launching guided missiles which could get the Bolton management in trouble with the WMD weapons inspectors. I don’t think goal scoring will be Nigerias problem in this tournament.
4)CCC
Christian chukwu may not be a coach in the Einstein mould of brilliance but he aint homer simpson either. Much maligned as being clueless, careful perusal of his comments suggest he is a lot more knowledgeable than he is given credit for. I think his influence on the players maybe greater than we think it is and we may all be pleasantly surprised at the outcome.
5) JAY JAY OKOCHA
In great form. Good news if u are a Nigerian, lover of beautiful END PRODUCT football or low flying tunisian birds who living in the vicinity of stade de tunis; terrifying if u are Moroccan, South African, Beninois, Cameroonian , Egyptian etc etc
6) CLIMATIC CONDITIONS
In the heat of West Africa, (2000 and 2002 nations cup) Nigeria wilted. Anybody who watched the semi against Senegal cannot but have noticed the walking pace of the football by second half time. If it was hot in the stands imagine what it must have been like on the field. The heat did not help many of our stars who had little time to acclimatise before Mali 2002 started. Not this time. With temperatures akin to autumn in Europe the all action style of see me give me ball stars like okocha should not be too adversely affected.
7) GEORGE ABBEY
Don’t laugh. He is a real defender in the Gary Neville mould. (Ugly but effective). Most of our defenders are frustrated attackers. They as a result tend to take risks, rush forward and treat defending like an unwanted orphan. Not so abbey. The centre maybe iffy but with babayaro on one side and abbey on the other the wings are likely to be fart proof. At least for the first game anyway.
8)FOES TRAGIC DEATH.
Cameroon are formidable opposition. Without taking any of the other teams for granted, most Nigerians fear the mean machine in green red green. But Cameroon are not the same team without Foe. To watch him dictating things in the 2002 final was to watch the 3-5-2 system purring like a contended cat. Foe was the one who stroked the cat and got it to purr contentedly. No one can step so quickly and with the same efficiency and experience into his boots. Cameroon no Africa have lost a great player and it will hurt them.
9) NIGERIA NEEDS IT.
Okay not much of a footballing reason but with 110 million plus citizens wanting, no needing this victory to give them a reason to hope in the fractious entity Nigeria this must count for something. Especially if some are on their knees praying for it.
10) I AM GOING TO TUNIS
The best reason of the lot. Pasamu does not deprive samu of his milk and biscuits for the last 3 months just because he wants to know what colour "yeye" Diouf is going to dye his hair in tunis Pasamu does not drink his garri without coconut for 6 months to hire camel to ride to tunis just to see Cameroon mince around with de cup in kit more at home in some gay pride parade than africa’s premier football tournament!!!!!!!!!. They are going to win. If they don’t heh heh heh I am telling you now it will not be funny o
True talk
"God will give us the victory, but we must be willing to fight"!
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

hehehe....imagine the camel ride all the way from Dallas to Tunisia...

Na to take our whole squad hostage if we no win this whole thing..
pasamu..looking forward to seeing you soon mate. :mrgreen:
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

I like the way you spin negatives into positives. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
Larry Ashagbe
Re: 10 reasons why nigeria will win this cup

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

pasamu wrote:Right folks this period between the start of the tourney and our first game is nearly always the most nerve wracking of times. For those who feel the gates of doom closing in on their hopes here are ten reasons why u should tell the wife put the kettle on the fire while u nip down to the market to get that celebratory goat, cow (or if u are an ondo or calabar man dog) and crates of guilder for the celebratory bash.

1) PREPARATION
2) SQUAD STRENGTH
3) FIREPOWER
4)CCC
5) JAY JAY OKOCHA
6) CLIMATIC CONDITIONS
7) GEORGE ABBEY
8)FOES TRAGIC DEATH.
9) NIGERIA NEEDS IT.
10) I AM GOING TO TUNIS
Nice peice.

We can win ANC but won't bet on it.
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Pasamu,great realistic meaningful thread,I think you should replace the sports-writers here in Singapore,you are a whole lot better than them.Good work.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Pasumu, u d man. Preach it!
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

God bless you jare.
who no know go know.
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

pasamu,

Positive vibes! Ya own go better. :lol:
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Pasamu - Nice piece, ya emu go sweet well well when we win the cup. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
To stop trying is to start dying
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

foe's death was indeed tragic and he was easily the premier anchorman in africa. I don't feel comfortable looking forward to indomitable lions without him even though i know they will be weakened in his absence. Lets stop referring to his death as a positive and focus instead on their metrosexual turn.
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

Pasamu nicely said. May God bless you and Chairman Christian Chukwu. :wink: :wink:
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Nonesens Naija will not win jack!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

omey2k4 wrote:Nonesens Naija will not win jack!
are you still menstruating or the PMS is getting the best of you?
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

Ekorian wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:Nonesens Naija will not win jack!
are you still menstruating or the PMS is getting the best of you?
Leave him... When a madman shouts - at u do not shout back or .......!
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Pasamu, I second your optimism. A humble pie is ready for all the naysayers and prophets of doom esp here i=on the CE Forum :D :lol:
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

Congratulations to those responsible for the camping
in this edition of the ANC. Except for the big boys,
most members of the final 22 had a long camp.

But, is our preparation better than the last ANC?

My memory is foggy. Didn't Amodu have 2 full weeks
with the entire team prior to the last Nations Cup.

Although I suppose, having the team camp
out of the country automatically removes the
101 distractions associated with camping in
Nigeria - not the least of which are excursions to
see family and attend to business!