Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:56 pm
Posts: 7284
Location: Hidden with Christ Jesus
Al B Sure wrote:
The 'full' match have been posted, appreciate and post your comments.

Of course the greatest player ever is Lionel Messi it is not even close.



Now lets get the 'perspective' :)


So we should accept it because you say it. You funny... :lol: :lol:

The greatest player ever that has been to 3 World Cups and...

1. Has not delivered 1 trophy -- no other contender for GoAT has that significant "honor"

2. Has not scored a goal against a heavyweight team* -- no other contender for GoAT has that significant "honor"

3. Has not won a heavyweight match for his country -- no other... bah, you get the drift

*Wanna guess which team the "greatest player ever has scored his World Cup goals against?

1 goal against Serbia and Montenegro
1 goal against Bosnia and Herzegovina
1 goal against Iran
2 goals against Nigeria

_________________
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 34484
theDunamis wrote:
Al B Sure wrote:
The 'full' match have been posted, appreciate and post your comments.

Of course the greatest player ever is Lionel Messi it is not even close.



Now lets get the 'perspective' :)


So we should accept it because you say it. You funny... :lol: :lol:

The greatest player ever that has been to 3 World Cups and...

1. Has not delivered 1 trophy -- no other contender for GoAT has that significant "honor"

2. Has not scored a goal against a heavyweight team* -- no other contender for GoAT has that significant "honor"

3. Has not won a heavyweight match for his country -- no other... bah, you get the drift

*Wanna guess which team the "greatest player ever has scored his World Cup goals against?

1 goal against Serbia and Montenegro
1 goal against Bosnia and Herzegovina
1 goal against Iran
2 goals against Nigeria

Why slap the guy like that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29704
Location: Canada
theDunamis wrote:
Al B Sure wrote:
The 'full' match have been posted, appreciate and post your comments.

Of course the greatest player ever is Lionel Messi it is not even close.



Now lets get the 'perspective' :)


So we should accept it because you say it. You funny... :lol: :lol:

The greatest player ever that has been to 3 World Cups and...

1. Has not delivered 1 trophy -- no other contender for GoAT has that significant "honor"

2. Has not scored a goal against a heavyweight team* -- no other contender for GoAT has that significant "honor"

3. Has not won a heavyweight match for his country -- no other... bah, you get the drift

*Wanna guess which team the "greatest player ever has scored his World Cup goals against?

1 goal against Serbia and Montenegro
1 goal against Bosnia and Herzegovina
1 goal against Iran
2 goals against Nigeria

Chief Dunamis, na yoke di bobo dey yoke. He is actually a big fan of Pele, and is just making fun of Messi supporters. :D

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29704
Location: Canada
We have all yabbed, Now it is time to see a montage of the 3 main contenders for GOAT. You will note that
1) They are all outstanding dribblers (di tin wey dey sweet Naija man)
2)They can all shoot and place the ball with consummate ease.
3) They can "bend" the ball either from a deadball situation, or running with it.

So what sets them apart? Accomplishments, individual and team, especially accomplishments at an early age. Real genius manifests itself early. Pele Igwe!! :thumbs:


_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:08 pm
Posts: 7969
theDunamis wrote:
Al B Sure wrote:
The 'full' match have been posted, appreciate and post your comments.

Of course the greatest player ever is Lionel Messi it is not even close.



Now lets get the 'perspective' :)


So we should accept it because you say it. You funny... :lol: :lol:

The greatest player ever that has been to 3 World Cups and...

1. Has not delivered 1 trophy -- no other contender for GoAT has that significant "honor"

2. Has not scored a goal against a heavyweight team* -- no other contender for GoAT has that significant "honor"

3. Has not won a heavyweight match for his country -- no other... bah, you get the drift

*Wanna guess which team the "greatest player ever has scored his World Cup goals against?

1 goal against Serbia and Montenegro
1 goal against Bosnia and Herzegovina
1 goal against Iran
2 goals against Nigeria



:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D you accepting it is suppose to be of any consequence?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:08 pm
Posts: 7969
ohsee wrote:
theDunamis wrote:
Al B Sure wrote:
The 'full' match have been posted, appreciate and post your comments.

Of course the greatest player ever is Lionel Messi it is not even close.



Now lets get the 'perspective' :)


So we should accept it because you say it. You funny... :lol: :lol:

The greatest player ever that has been to 3 World Cups and...

1. Has not delivered 1 trophy -- no other contender for GoAT has that significant "honor"

2. Has not scored a goal against a heavyweight team* -- no other contender for GoAT has that significant "honor"

3. Has not won a heavyweight match for his country -- no other... bah, you get the drift

*Wanna guess which team the "greatest player ever has scored his World Cup goals against?

1 goal against Serbia and Montenegro
1 goal against Bosnia and Herzegovina
1 goal against Iran
2 goals against Nigeria

Chief Dunamis, na yoke di bobo dey yoke. He is actually a big fan of Pele, and is just making fun of Messi supporters. :D


Your desperation is funny. :D :D Messi is the best player to have played the game. i've already stated why i think so. What exactly is clever about 'making fun' of people?



I don't need to guess. I know who Pele Maradona and Messi have scored against at the world cup.


They include North Korea Czechoslovakia Romania Nigeria Italy Iran......................... :)


Pele scored 12 goals in 4 world cups impressive! Maradona scored 8 in 4 Impressive! Messi has scored 5 in 3.


Last edited by Al B Sure on Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:56 pm
Posts: 7284
Location: Hidden with Christ Jesus
ohsee wrote:
Chief Dunamis, na yoke di bobo dey yoke. He is actually a big fan of Pele, and is just making fun of Messi supporters. :D


Now that is the one and only explanation that makes sense for an otherwise solid member of this community. Phew!! :D :D

_________________
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:08 pm
Posts: 7969
I like the way you guys are desperately trying to create your own reality. I do not really solicit or need any approval. Messi is the best player that has ever played the game. (again I've given my reasons) Now feel free to state who you think it's better and why it is that simple. 'I will not talk about the hat-trick against Brazil, because that's irrelevant'.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6918
Al B Sure wrote:
I like the way you guys are desperately trying to create your own reality. I do not really solicit or need any approval. Messi is the best player that has ever played the game. (again I've given my reasons) Now feel free to state who you think it's better and why it is that simple. 'I will not talk about the hat-trick against Brazil, because that's irrelevant'.



:biggrin:


Last edited by benteke on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6918
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Al B Sure wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VExHcZ3Ia4M


The 'full match' Final of the 1958 world cup.



This man....choi, you no wan make persin work today?

Anyway sha...youtube is man's greatest invention...kai!!!!!!!!!!!!!


:rotf: :thumbs: you can say again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:07 pm
Posts: 9134
ohsee wrote:
:D Fanboy alert! Chief, this is where you showed yourself up. Klose is a mere finisher. The debate is about Pele, Maradona and Messi, none of whom are mere finishers. I know say you dey yoke and yab, but the fact you could bring a nobody like Klose into the PMM debate shows you don't get it. :taunt:


Obviously he does not belong here, but Klose is (or at least was at a younger age) so much more than just a mere finisher.

_________________
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29704
Location: Canada
Where O Rei was far superior to earthbound Maradona and Messi: Heading. Watch and marvel. He inherited it. His father was famous for scoring five goals in one game with his head.


_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29704
Location: Canada
The King showing nonpareil dribbling skills. Who be Messi? :D :taunt: Do we not now know why he is regarded as the greatest of all time by those in the know, not the bomboys who are suffering from "recency effect" :D :taunt:


_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29704
Location: Canada
Pele's amazing left foot goals. :thumbs: He is naturally right footed, but you cant tell from watching him play.'Just the best!! :thumbs: Who be one-foot Maradona? Who be trying-to-develop-right-foot Messi?


_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29704
Location: Canada
Pele free kick goals


_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29704
Location: Canada
No player has ever been blessed by the gods of soccer with all the necessary skills and abilities like Pele. They made Pele and broke the mold. Maradona, Messi, these are earthbound imitations, not soccer gods who soar. Watch and weep, you Messi fans. My bros, come see speed. Not "pace" as they say nowadays, but raw speed.


_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 29704
Location: Canada
Ok. Now that we have seen that Pele is no mere mortal, now that we have video evidence, let us look at things that cannot be found in videos, that only soccer historians and soccer philosophers know. :thumbs: After this, anybody who engages in that foolishness of claiming that either Maradona or Messi is the GOAT, that person is the biggest Ewu on the planet, and no rational argument will change the person's mind.

1) Pele began his professional career at Santos at age 16. He played attacking midfielder, and alternated with the star forward del Vecchio. Yes, the coach alternated a sixteen year old with Santos' star forward. The 16/17 year old became the top scorer in the Paulista league, the best league in Brazil, with 32 goals while only playing half the games in his first full professional season. OK, Messi fans and Maradona fans, STFU now because these two were nowhere at 16. Real genius manifests itself early.

2) Pele caught the eye of Brazil's national coach Vincent Feola who invited him to play as a 16 year old before the 1958 World Cup. Remember, this was a time when there were no substitutions. When the 1958 WC came around Pele was selected to go, a 17 year old. At 18, Maradona was parked on the bench at home in front of the TV during the 1978 WC :lol: :lol: Cesar Luis Menotti did not think him good enough to even come and watch the game from the deep bench in a World Cup played in his home country. Messi went to the 2006 WC as a 19 year old, but was a bust. Pele was injured in a warm up game before the 1958 WC. After consulting with the doctors and physios, FEOLA DECIDED TO TAKE AN INJURED 17 YEAR OLD TO THE WORLD CUP IN THE HOPE THAT HE WOULD RECOVER IN TIME TO PARTICIPATE. That's how good Pele was. So when you see Pele playing in the 1958 WC, keep in mind that this is a kid just recovering from injury.

3) Pele did not begin the 1958 WC until the third game. He did not score in that game. But he began to score in the knockout phase, and at the end, had 6 goals, the top scorer for the Brazilians, and the second top scorer in the tournament. A kid of 17. Who was recovering from injury.

4) Pele returned from the World Cup and just decimated the Paulista League with 58 goals in 38 games. It is a record that is yet to be broken. Including cups, friendlies and other games, he scored a total of 126 goals that season.

5) Pele went nine straight seasons, beginning in his first season, as the top scorer in the Paulista. Another record that is yet to be broken. He was even top scorer when he missed large parts of the season due to injury.

I could continue, but there is just too much stuff to tell. Pele is a god. The others are mere mortals.

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:57 am
Posts: 32227
Location: Not Here
platinum wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
Until messi single handedly leads argentina to a world cup win...then yes.....but now No....messi playing in the premier league won't be as successful....he benefits greatly from the barca system


Your conclusion is on the right path...how you arrive at it is baffling at best.

Henry destroyed England as did Ronaldo and Messi is far better than both men. As for the WC argument, that's wholly unfair.



It would be like saying Klose is the greatest strikers of all time because he has the most world cup goals. Or Mikel is greater than Weah based on WC appearances and ANC medals.

_________________
_________________
Oyibo na Oyibo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:20 pm
Posts: 6918
ohsee wrote:
Where O Rei was far superior to earthbound Maradona and Messi: Heading. Watch and marvel. He inherited it. His father was famous for scoring five goals in one game with his head.



Ohsee, this man Pele had such a great spring :ohmy:

Look even when he is celebrating, look how he leaps so effortlessly to such heights, he almost jumps over his teammates :laugh:

i bet he could have been a good high-jumper


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:08 pm
Posts: 1724
ohsee wrote:
Ok. Now that we have seen that Pele is no mere mortal, now that we have video evidence, let us look at things that cannot be found in videos, that only soccer historians and soccer philosophers know. :thumbs: After this, anybody who engages in that foolishness of claiming that either Maradona or Messi is the GOAT, that person is the biggest Ewu on the planet, and no rational argument will change the person's mind.

1) Pele began his professional career at Santos at age 16. He played attacking midfielder, and alternated with the star forward del Vecchio. Yes, the coach alternated a sixteen year old with Santos' star forward. The 16/17 year old became the top scorer in the Paulista league, the best league in Brazil, with 32 goals while only playing half the games in his first full professional season. OK, Messi fans and Maradona fans, STFU now because these two were nowhere at 16. Real genius manifests itself early.

2) Pele caught the eye of Brazil's national coach Vincent Feola who invited him to play as a 16 year old before the 1958 World Cup. Remember, this was a time when there were no substitutions. When the 1958 WC came around Pele was selected to go, a 17 year old. At 18, Maradona was parked on the bench at home in front of the TV during the 1978 WC :lol: :lol: Cesar Luis Menotti did not think him good enough to even come and watch the game from the deep bench in a World Cup played in his home country. Messi went to the 2006 WC as a 19 year old, but was a bust. Pele was injured in a warm up game before the 1958 WC. After consulting with the doctors and physios, FEOLA DECIDED TO TAKE AN INJURED 17 YEAR OLD TO THE WORLD CUP IN THE HOPE THAT HE WOULD RECOVER IN TIME TO PARTICIPATE. That's how good Pele was. [b]So when you see Pele playing in the 1958 WC, keep in mind that this is a kid just recovering from injury. [/b]

3) Pele did not begin the 1958 WC until the third game. He did not score in that game. But he began to score in the knockout phase, and at the end, had 6 goals, the top scorer for the Brazilians, and the second top scorer in the tournament. A kid of 17. Who was recovering from injury.

4) Pele returned from the World Cup and just decimated the Paulista League with 58 goals in 38 games. It is a record that is yet to be broken. Including cups, friendlies and other games, he scored a total of 126 goals that season.

5) Pele went nine straight seasons, beginning in his first season, as the top scorer in the Paulista. Another record that is yet to be broken. He was even top scorer when he missed large parts of the season due to injury.

I could continue, but there is just too much stuff to tell. Pele is a god. The others are mere mortals.


On top that Brazil was very racist .. Dark Skinned players in general like Pele werent welcome to the National team


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 13889
Location: Here
ohsee wrote:
No player has ever been blessed by the gods of soccer with all the necessary skills and abilities like Pele. They made Pele and broke the mold. Maradona, Messi, these are earthbound imitations, not soccer gods who soar. Watch and weep, you Messi fans. My bros, come see speed. Not "pace" as they say nowadays, but raw speed.


OK, we got it. Pele is your man. I agree to a point, but ..... do you know Pele's idol?

Most people don't, that is why we have these annual arguments.

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36809
Location: Somewhere
Kabalega wrote:
ohsee wrote:
No player has ever been blessed by the gods of soccer with all the necessary skills and abilities like Pele. They made Pele and broke the mold. Maradona, Messi, these are earthbound imitations, not soccer gods who soar. Watch and weep, you Messi fans. My bros, come see speed. Not "pace" as they say nowadays, but raw speed.


OK, we got it. Pele is your man. I agree to a point, but ..... do you know Pele's idol?

Most people don't, that is why we have these annual arguments.


Idi Amin?

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 73188
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], KIZONZO, Majestic-12 [Bot], marko and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group