Is Messi now better than Maradona?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Is Messi now better than Maradona?

Post by anointed »

bamenda boy wrote:Methinks so. Your thoughts? I think he can do everything that Maradona did plus more.
They are both from the same country so ask Argentines! Messi has to be greater in Argentina first.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

anointed wrote:
bamenda boy wrote:Methinks so. Your thoughts? I think he can do everything that Maradona did plus more.
They are both from the same country so ask Argentines! Messi has to be greater in Argentina first.
Hard considering Messi never played club football in Argentina, even Higuain probably has more fans than Messi domestically.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:
@Mazi, as for Messi's name disappearing after his boots are packed away, no chance, he is the Maradona of today in the eyes of the World. Maybe not as good or great, that is a matter of conjecture, in the eyes of the game, he is the Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Platini of now and will be chaperoned to the throne when those names are lost to the crowd. Does he need a World Cup to be a great? Does that marvellously crafted mare gorgeously decorating Outkast's 'I like the way you move' video need a giant pair of jubblies to be a fine specimen? Absolutely not.
Coachito m', you are ignoring the key question: What makes Messi "greater" than Pele?
1) Has he accomplished more? Please list his accomplishments vis a vis the King
2) Does he have more "weapons" than the King? Please list these extra weapons
3) Has he done more "extraordinary godlike" things than O Rei? Please list them
4) Is Messi more "flawless" than Pele? How?

Just helping you organize your thoughts. All that your long turenci indicates is the confusion of the fanboy, not the logical mind of the soccer philosopher/ historian or the sharp thinking of a sound coachito. :D Oya, ova to you.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

The Messi folks will always lose this argument and deep down they know it because their hero just hasn't given them enough ammo to do battle. Au contraire, he seems to keep equipping the "enemies". Below is a long exchange on this with a friend on a different social medium:
theDunamis wrote: Every time the immensely talented baller at Barcelona performs some new audacious act on the field, the Messi brigade comes out in full force on social media chanting blasphemies that will make the soccer gods/goddesses cringe.

"Is Messi now better than Maradona?" postulates one rhetorically.

"For sure, Messi is the greatest of all time now," concludes another.

"He has done it all," choruses the rest of football's Messi-anic Movement.

‪#‎leSigh‬ Here is my very simple premise-based question for the Messi brigade...

First, let's establish a couple of basic premises:

1. To postulate (even as a question) that Messi is now better than Maradona, is to suggest that Messi is now arguably the greatest of all time (leaving the Maradona v Pele debate out of the equation for simplicity)

2. The title of greatest of all time in any sport should be reserved for a player who is exceptionally gifted AND is able to use his gift to CONSISTENTLY raise the game of mere mortals -- not to mention men who are several notches above mere mortals -- around him to make a difference in many games but most importantly, in pivotal heavyweight matchups to deliver results and trophies. Examples of such heavyweight matchups at both club and country levels are Milan vs ManU 2005 and France v Brazil 2006.

If we agree with these very basic premises, can anyone in football's Messi-anic Movement please give examples of games where Messi has come through in this regard for both club and country?
theMessiphile wrote:You know I can't let this go ... Where do I even start? Have you been under a rock the past few months? I invite you to go watch pretty much any ucl game (especially both legs vs Man city and first leg against Bayern). For his country, MoM in the first 4 games of the WC last year and led them to the final. Even *you* had conceded that he had shown up this time. I see that you've now changed your tune. smh...
theDunamis wrote:LOL! Bait caught - hook, line and sinker. I knew you would be the first.

Now please, I need you to be rational and logical. Let's leave sentiments for another day. The point above is not about whether he showed up at the last WC or not. We are not even at the critical reasoning stage of this debate yet, so hang tight and brace up d00d. The point is whether any reasonable person can argue validly that he is soccer's greatest of all time.

My question was simple. Please answer it and leave sentimental MoM awards and ludicrous Golden Ball awards (even his own countryman expressed shock / embarassment at FIFA's madness in giving him that award. Anyway, my question was, in which heavyweight matchup has your hero delivered for his club and country. You've answered for club - unsurprisingly, since the charge out there is that he is an excellent club player; but you are stuttering when it comes to country. Here is a hint: Argentina had exactly 2 heavyweight matchups in the last WC. Now, inquiring minds would like to know exactly how Mr. Messi performed in those matches.
theObserver wrote:Hi theMessiphile, I also agree with theDunamis - the case here is for the greatest of all time. Even at Barca, look at the team around him. Has he done enough to warrant that title? He is absolutely one of the best ever to play the game. I think delivering for your country during those clutch games makes or breaks you. Remember when Germany tied the WC finals 2-2 in 86 after two quick goals, Maradona's defense splitting pass to Buruchaga led to the decisive 3rd goal. I think most of us will agree that Messi is great but greatest ever - maybe not. If he had delivered against Germany in 2014.. absolutely:)
Just my 2 cents:)
theDunamis wrote:Thank you theObserver. You nailed one of the ammos I was saving for later once theMessiphile comes back for more. There is a reason why the World Cup in 1986 was dubbed after the FACT as Maradona '86 -- http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=maradona86
theMessiphile wrote:Nah. No stuttering here. I'll reiterate: He led his country to the WC final. No small feat. I see how you keep changing the argument to fit your points. Your premise used to be that he never showed up in the WC. Now that he's done that and then some, you're switching it yet again. In the semi (admittedly not his greatest game), he stepped up and scored the first pk when it mattered. For my money, he had a good final (overtime aside). You might day he didn't score, but neither did Maradona in the final in 86.

For the record, I'm not stating ( nor have I ever) that he's the greatest ever. But I do think he's up there with Pele and Maradona, which is the source of our disagreement. What baffles me is folks' insistence that one must win a tournament that comes once every four years to even be in the conversation. Times have changed. In Maradona's (and especially Pele's) days, the best players in the world only gathered at the WC. Now, every single year, they're completing against each other in the UCL. We all know how Messi's performed there. Guardiola (amongst other greater futbol brains than you and I) recently said Messi is the best ever. So I guess he's an unreasonable character in your book?
theMessiphile wrote:@theObserver, fair points. But if you want to talk about loaded teams, shouldn't that pretty much rule Pele out of the discussion? His teams were stacked. As a matter of fact, they won the 62 WC basically without him, after he got injured. Garrincha carried the team. If your team can win the WC without you, what does that say about your added value?

Also, not sure if you've watched Barca without Messi (check out ucl quarter finals in 2013 against psg). They're not quite the same.
theObserver wrote:Hi theMessiphile, totally fair:)
That's why I didn't bring up Pele. But do you agree that 86 Argentinian team had a bunch of role players and he pretty much elevated them?
Also I have one more gripe. Look at the talent around Messi at Barca - just mind-boggling. Suarez, Neymar, most of the Spanish national team (hehe), Mascheranho.. I feel messi's confidence and his game are elevated to new heights by the sheer presence of these talented players around him. But if he sees a bunch of role players, his game definitely takes a dip - do you agree? I do agree that Barca feeds off Messi but Messi feeds off the talent around him too
theObserver wrote:By the way, love this discussion:)
theDunamis wrote:Be fair, theMessiphile. There is no moving of goalposts here because our previous debates were different. Previously, it was about how he can even be called great if he CONSISTENTLY stumbles when with the national team (at the time, he had 2 World Cup attendances with nothing to show for it) and away from his stellar cast at Barcelona. So leave that argument out of this and accept this new premise exactly as I have laid it out: for your hero to get a mention with the greats and be in contention for GoAT, he must prove #2 above. PERIOD!!

D00d, you are either being funny or dubious or both. You said and I quote, "For the record, I'm not stating ( nor have I ever) that he's the greatest ever. But I do think he's up there with Pele and Maradona". D00d, I don't know if you got the memo, but Pele and Maradona are regarded as soccer's greatest of all time by an overwhelming majority of soccer followers. So when you say, he is up there with them, but you claim you are not stating he is the greatest ever, what manner of double speak is that? Please disambiguate.
theMessiphile wrote:@theObserver, agreed on how Maradona elevated that 86 team. He did the same at Napoli. You don't have to convince me of anything when it comes to Maradona smile emoticon It's totally fair to say that Messi's surrounded by great talent at Barca. The thing is, he makes them better. That's what so incredible about the kid. The fact that he can beat you by dribbling half your team (as he did yesterday), or by splitting the defense and setting up a teammate (as he did to set up Di Maria in the WC second round last year). Often times, he'll do both in the same game (Bayern Munich in the UCL semis). He's the all-time assist leader in La Liga for a reason.

Not sure I agree that his confidence takes a dip when he suits up for Argentina. It's not like Di Maria, Aguero etc are scrubs smile emoticon. Part of it comes down to familiarity (he plays 60+ games with Barca every season versus maybe 10 for Argentina) and different style of play. I think last year he showed he can be effective with the national team. BTW, he has led them to U20 and the Olympics title (Ask Brazil if the Olympics matter). Believe it or not, that's how long theDunamis and I have been having this debate. After the U20 in 2005, I said the kid was going to be great. theDunamis said Obi Mikel (Argentina beat Nigeria in the final that year) would be better. So in a decade, we've at least progressed from Obi Mikel to Pele\Maradona. Anyway, I digress...

@theDunamis, my point is that, with or without the WC, Messi is in the conversation. Whether you like it or not and whether it suits whatever flavor-of-the-month criteria you've established. Again the game has changed. Club soccer is a lot more prominent these days. Let me channel Descartes here a bit...doesn't the very fact that we're having this discussion validate my claim? Noone is discussing whether CR7 or even Ronaldinho (who actually won a WC) should be compared to Maradona or Pele.

Man, how I hope he shuts you up for good in 2018. Del Piero won me a WC in 2006. Messi will come good too grin emoticon
theDunamis wrote:D00d, no, just no!! A player who only performs and excels with one team is NOT in any conversation about greatest of all time. It is this low bar that you Messi brigaders have set that infuriates me and why I smack down such nonsense. Go down this list and tell me who you see being a player that only excelled with one team during their careers: Diego Maradona, Pele, Zinezine Zidane, Franz Beckenbauer, Michelle Platini, Johan Cruyff. No, these players used their immense soccer talent to lift up whichever team they found themselves - and made NO EXCUSES!!!!!
theDunamis wrote:theMessiphile, you see what you are not getting is this. The greatest players will almost always find a way out when a team thinks they've found the antidote to them. It is what the greatest players do. Maradona went into WC '86 hyped to the heavens and team after team came with antidote after antidote to stop him. But guess what. Quoting ESPN:

"In the 1986 World Cup, Diego Maradona, the world's greatest football player, reached his apotheosis, redefining what is possible for one man to accomplish on a football pitch. His ability to take control of the ball -- the game -- an entire tournament -- split the world in two. It was both illuminating and an affront, beguiling and an outrage, and the fervor that surrounded him was unprecedented, bordering on the religious. Constructed from archive material, "Maradona '86" is an ode to this ultimate footballing idol, basking in the operatic intensity of his performance in Mexico as he wrote his name on football history forever."

Your boy has had 3 - THREE - World Cup tournaments to stamp himself on a tournament on the world stage and deliver something but as you well know, he has come up short. Again and again and again. It is said that when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you. As Messi stood to take that last minute freekick for Argentina against Germany last year, it was a symbolic defining moment. And the moment sorely defined him. PERIOD. POINT. BLANK. #blank
theMessiphile wrote:Like I said, I need no convincing of Maradona's greatness. Preaching very much to the choir there.

As to your list...I'm glad to see that you have Platini and Cruyff on there. How many WC trophies do they have again (to use your favorite ammo)? Platini never even made a final. So I'm curious to hear your explanation for why they're greater than Messi (again, going by your "WC as be-all end-all" mantra).

You keep skirting my point about club football, probably because you have no legit counter-argument to it. That's why I've stopped trying to figure out who's the GOAT. The game has changed so much that cross-era comparisons are futile. Like it or not, the era we live in is dominated by club football. The World Cup is and always will be magical, but the UCL is right up there in terms of prestige now. In fact, is there any doubt that the Bayerns and Barcas of recent incarnation would probably win the WC over national teams? Messi is the best in this era (if you have another opinion on this, would love to hear it), which puts him in the conversation with the previous all-timers. (60s- Pele; 70s-Cruyff; 80s- El Pibe; 90s/2000s; Zidane\R9; 2010s Messi)

It took you a decade to accept that he's great. It'll probably take you another one to accept that he's a GOAT candidate. I have no doubt that you'll one day see what most of the world sees now. You'll come around. I'll keep you a warm spot on the bandwagon smile emoticon
theDunamis wrote:I warned you that critical reasoning will be required as we progress. HINT: we are already at that stage.

What was the context in which I put up the list you referred to? Yep, that's right - great players who EXCELLED (no ifs, buts, or wudda-cudda-shudda) and raised the overall weight across the multiple teams they found themselves and coming through for their teams in make or break games.

Pele: Santos and Brazil
Cruyff: Ajax, Barcelona, Feyenoord
Beckenbauer: Bayern, Hamburger SV, Germany
Platini: Saint-Étienne, Juve, France
Maradona: Boca, Barcelona, Napoli, Argentina
Zidane: Juve, Real, France
theMessiphile wrote:Lol theDunamis, you're hilarious. As I said before, you'll make up criteria as you go to suit your points. Cruyff (just like Messi), led his club teams to multiple titles but was *not* able to lead his national team to the WC title. He stumbled at the final stage, just like Messi. For that, people have (I personally think unfairly) always docked him. He and Messi have basically achieved comparable things, so that should at the very least put them in equal standing per your original criteria . But because that doesn't suit your agenda, you've now added this new twist that one most have played for more than a singular club team? Good night. The saga continues smile emoticon
theDunamis wrote:No, it's not a new criterion. Your blind loyalty to Messi makes everything a new criterion only because your hero can't quite measure up where it counts. Dave, come on, this is not hard to comprehend. The premise is simple and remains unchanged - each of those folks have excelled and raised the game of every team they have been in. Each except your hero who has never been able to propel the Argentine national team to anything after about a decade of trying. I know it hurts but those are the facts and I didn't make them - your boy did. smile emoticon
theDunamis wrote:Let's close this thread out and use it as the official record for future discussions on the topic. I will close with what I said at the very beginning of the thread since all your ranting shows you need repitition to comprehend:

"The title of greatest of all time in any sport should be reserved for a player who is exceptionally gifted AND is able to use his gift to CONSISTENTLY raise the game of mere mortals -- not to mention men who are several notches above mere mortals -- around him to make a difference in many games but most importantly, in pivotal heavyweight matchups to deliver results and trophies."

That is a direct quote from my initial post so your charge about changing of criteria is baseless -- although quite typical. Now wake me or this thread up when your idol finally knows how to use his talent to raise the game of the ONLY other team besides FC Barcelona that he has had a chance to. He has had a decade to do this but it seems like he needs a bit more time. :):)
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
tayuma
Egg
Egg

Post by tayuma »

!!!Big Fat yes!!! My answer
[img]May%20you%20live%20as%20long%20as%20you%20want%20-%20May%20you%20love%20as%20long%20as%20you%20live%20and%20may%20you%20love%20for%20others%20that%20which%20you%20love%20for%20yourself[/img]
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

kalani JR wrote:
anointed wrote:
Hard considering Messi never played club football in Argentina, even Higuain probably has more fans than Messi domestically.
Bros kool down with this tori,right now Messi is everything to argentina befor hey you like Kun,Di Marie or Higuain will come close.
Maradona is worship in Argentina like a God during his playing days and no other player has come close .
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Al B Sure wrote:

Above is the link to the 'full match' of the 1970 world cup Final. :)

Now i know most people are busy, and will not have the time to be watching this, but i urge some of you to watch it, it may just put things in perspective :)

Kai...God bless you dia, my broda... I don cancel all my appointments and sleep to watch these matches!!!!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohsee wrote:
Coach wrote:
@Mazi, as for Messi's name disappearing after his boots are packed away, no chance, he is the Maradona of today in the eyes of the World. Maybe not as good or great, that is a matter of conjecture, in the eyes of the game, he is the Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Platini of now and will be chaperoned to the throne when those names are lost to the crowd. Does he need a World Cup to be a great? Does that marvellously crafted mare gorgeously decorating Outkast's 'I like the way you move' video need a giant pair of jubblies to be a fine specimen? Absolutely not.
Coachito m', you are ignoring the key question: What makes Messi "greater" than Pele?
1) Has he accomplished more? Please list his accomplishments vis a vis the King
2) Does he have more "weapons" than the King? Please list these extra weapons
3) Has he done more "extraordinary godlike" things than O Rei? Please list them
4) Is Messi more "flawless" than Pele? How?

Just helping you organize your thoughts. All that your long turenci indicates is the confusion of the fanboy, not the logical mind of the soccer philosopher/ historian or the sharp thinking of a sound coachito. :D Oya, ova to you.

Messi is a great and phenomenal player. But he is having a hard time getting major separation from the third best Ronaldo, aka the fake Ronaldo, aka CRon.

Question...is CRon better than Maradona? The answer is obvious. Next question, is Messi better than CRon? Obviously this is a legitimate topic for debate...
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Now that many people have watched the 'full' match? stop pming me

type what you actually think in the main room :)
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Al B Sure wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Now that many people have watched the 'full' match? stop pming me

type what you actually think in the main room :)
:D :taunt: :D
So, Al B Sure, what do they think? Are you Sure? :taunt:

Do they think that a 30 year old Pele showed the 26 year old Messi how to play in a WC final where you are subject to tight marking?

Do they think that Pele has that extra weapon in heading, being able to score with a header and set someone else up with a header when the marking is too tight ?

That Pele was able to score a goal and set up two in a WC final after retiring from the game due to countless injuries, and being persuaded to return? That the young and fit Messi, who gets lots of protection from refs, did nada in a WC Final?

That the 30 year old "injury wreck" Pele was more effective in a WC Final than the 26 year old Messi?

That Pele scored four goals in the Finals against the best opposition, in the face of tight marking, throughout the finals, while Messi only scored in the first round against minnows? :D :taunt:

That's how you put things in perspective instead of thinking like a fanboy. :D :idea: :thumbs:

If you want to see Pele play like, sorry, better than, Messi, watch Santos vs Benfica in the 1962 World Club Cup. For "perspective," Benfica was the best club in Europe at the time.
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Like i said you have the platform to say what you 'feel' i'm asking these people to use the platform to express their view :D

As for Pele and Messi, i do not have to put Pele down to ascertain that Messi is the BEST EVER :)

Oh if anyone want to see the 'FULL' 1958 final, please let me know. :)

Just an a-side, Miroslav Klose should be the best player in the world :)

However i'm glad some of you have now watched the game very interesting i must say.

Pele's goals at the 1970 World Cup, Czechoslovakia 1
Romania 2
Italy 1
Last edited by Al B Sure on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Last edited by benteke on Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Al B Sure wrote:Like i said you have the platform to say what you 'feel' i'm asking these people to use the platform to express their view :D

As for Pele and Messi, i do not have to put Pele down to ascertain that Messi is the BEST EVER :)

However i'm glad some of you have now watched the game very interesting i must say.
You have the full '58 final game? Wow! I definitely want to see that one. I've seen extended highlights before and think that it was right up there with the best of them. The most recent WCs are not even close.

Do you by any chance have 1954 WC and any '78 ANC games?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Al B Sure wrote:Like i said you have the platform to say what you 'feel' i'm asking these people to use the platform to express their view :D

Pele's goals at the 1970 World Cup, Czechoslovakia 1
Romania 2
Italy 1
:D Fanboy alert! Chief, this is where you showed yourself up. Klose is a mere finisher. The debate is about Pele, Maradona and Messi, none of whom are mere finishers. I know say you dey yoke and yab, but the fact you could bring a nobody like Klose into the PMM debate shows you don't get it. :taunt:

By the way, why did you post the 1970 final, the game that makes football history beginners and olodos say that Pele is "only a striker" :rotf: Why not post his Santos games from when he was in his early 20s, before injury made him develop a more cerebral and less running at defences style?
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I would have been very suprised if you got it. refering to MK)

The best to have ever done it is Messi. Pele Cerebral or not :D (nothing Cerebral about his legendary move against The Uruguay goalkeeper) Did very well at the 1970 world cup. He scored four goals, 2 against Romania 0ne against Czechoslovakia, and 1 against Italy

A great player, the greatest until Messi came along.

Again why would i disparage Pele to praise Messi? no need :)

You getting emotional whilst not suprising, still baffles.

'Full match for 1958 world cup final coming up soon :)
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Al B Sure wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The best to have ever done it is Messi. Pele Cerebral or not :D (nothing Cerebral about his legendary move against The Uruguay goalkeeper) Did very well at the 1970 world cup. He scored four goals, 2 against Romania 0ne against Czechoslovakia, and 1 against Italy

:D :D
Al B Sure,
why would I not get emotional when you are yabbing the only begotten son of the god of soccer, the king of kings, the Lord of Lords of footie? It is pure blasphemy! Pele is the Lord thy god of footie, thou shalt not have any strange gods before him. Especially Messi, who has messied up in every World Cup. :D :taunt:

Post the game. When I have time I will see if I can find some Santos games to post.

By di way, I get all your yokes, and I sabi wetin you dey do, I am just playing along.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Pele Santos Football Club goals. Santos vs Sao Paulo, Palmeiras, etc. For the last goal, see the shoulder dipping dribbler Coutinho, the Iniesta of Santos, take a shot, which the goalkeeper saves, then Pele "bicyclettes" into the goal. :thumbs:

[/video]
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

The 'full match' Final of the 1958 world cup.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Al B Sure wrote:

This man....choi, you no wan make persin work today?

Anyway sha...youtube is man's greatest invention...kai!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

ohsee wrote:
Al B Sure wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D :D
Al B Sure,
why would I not get emotional when you are yabbing the only begotten son of the god of soccer, the king of kings, the Lord of Lords of footie? It is pure blasphemy! Pele is the Lord thy god of footie, thou shalt not have any strange gods before him. Especially Messi, who has messied up in every World Cup. :D :taunt:

Post the game. When I have time I will see if I can find some Santos games to post.

By di way, I get all your yokes, and I sabi wetin you dey do, I am just playing along.

I don't do yapping that's more your forte. I will not put one great player down to big up another (i will say again no need)
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Al B Sure wrote:
I don't do yapping that's more your forte. I will not put one great player down to big up another (i will say again no need)
Thank you for praising me: I agree, I am one of the top yabmeisters on this forum. :thumbs: But, Chief, when you say, ohsee is the greatest, does that not mean he is greater than others, including Al B Sure? So that means you are putting down Al B Sure to big up ohsee? QED, you are yabbing Pele. :mad: :taunt: :D
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Al B Sure wrote:

Chai! Moments of magic--that's what soccer is about. See as the boy wonder was anonymous throughout the game until that moment when the ball was floated to him, and he exploded with overhead play and volley! :thumbs: How many goal like that did Maradona score at 17? How many goal did Messi score like that even at 20? How many at the top level, with all the pressure of the World Cup Final? O Rei, O Rei, Pele! :thumbs:
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

The 'full' match have been posted, appreciate and post your comments.

Of course the greatest player ever is Lionel Messi it is not even close.

Now lets get the 'perspective' :)