Nsien Interview -

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nsien Interview -

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

If the Nff doesn't want Finidi then I think
Nsien is the next best Nigerian option. He has a strong record in developing young players and he's young enough that even if he doesn't qualify for the wc he'd still be very relevant to the future of SE. Maybe it's just Me but I think he shouldn't criticize Pesseiro tactics so much but focus on the positive and how he can improve it. Otherwise the Nff cabal might get spooked.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nsien Interview -

Also, could he help in attracting some of our FB players that might be more comfortable with someone with a background similar to theirs? These are some of the things we have to consider.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The task Nigeria is facing is difficult. I don't even know why he would want the job. If I were him, I would stay with the US U19 team, and coach a MLS team. I don't think he understands the hot seat. They would have to give me atleast a 2 year contract and high wages for me to consider the job. Also must have 100 percent control over player selection. Must be able to bring at least one assistant with me. i Would also have final say on any disciplinary action against players or staff. Also need a house, car, security, penalties for missing monthly salary payments. Interest for each day they are late on payment. Mutual renewal terms clause at the end of the contract. Buy out clause and etc. Ethics clause. NFF must also hold at least one friendly in every FIFA window. Must hold one friendly before the start of WC qualifications. Limit the amount of officials that visit the team while they are training. I would want to also coach the CHAN team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Wouldn't not take anything less than 75K a month. Contract renewal for 125K a month.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:20 am The task Nigeria is facing is difficult. I don't even know why he would want the job. If I were him, I would stay with the US U19 team, and coach a MLS team. I don't think he understands the hot seat. They would have to give me atleast a 2 year contract and high wages for me to consider the job. Also must have 100 percent control over player selection. Must be able to bring at least one assistant with me. i Would also have final say on any disciplinary action against players or staff. Also need a house, car, security, penalties for missing monthly salary payments. Interest for each day they are late on payment. Mutual renewal terms clause at the end of the contract. Buy out clause and etc. Ethics clause. NFF must also hold at least one friendly in every FIFA window. Must hold one friendly before the start of WC qualifications. Limit the amount of officials that visit the team while they are training. I would want to also coach the CHAN team.

Why didn’t you ask the same for Finidi? Na u wey no be coach go require all this? Ya head don for Nigeria Airways enter unknown territory.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:39 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:20 am The task Nigeria is facing is difficult. I don't even know why he would want the job. If I were him, I would stay with the US U19 team, and coach a MLS team. I don't think he understands the hot seat. They would have to give me atleast a 2 year contract and high wages for me to consider the job. Also must have 100 percent control over player selection. Must be able to bring at least one assistant with me. i Would also have final say on any disciplinary action against players or staff. Also need a house, car, security, penalties for missing monthly salary payments. Interest for each day they are late on payment. Mutual renewal terms clause at the end of the contract. Buy out clause and etc. Ethics clause. NFF must also hold at least one friendly in every FIFA window. Must hold one friendly before the start of WC qualifications. Limit the amount of officials that visit the team while they are training. I would want to also coach the CHAN team.

Why didn’t you ask the same for Finidi? Na u wey no be coach go require all this? Ya head don for Nigeria Airways enter unknown territory.
That is a good question. Maybe love for county and he is already part of the setup. I don't know why any one will want to take the SE job at this stage. It is a risk. There is a good chance Nigeria will not qualify and they will blame you. And they will not pay you your salary on time. Late several months. Finidi already has made his wealth and he lives in Nigeria. He struggled to get a job in Europe after coaching Mallorca youth teams. The usual black coaches not getting a job. Google Sol Campbell for a back story. The guy spoke to coaches in local league. They encouraged him to come coach in NIgeria. He came back to give back to his country. I think the answer is love for country.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I will tell you people lthe truth. The reality is Nigeria is in trouble. There are no more minnows in Africa. And we dont have a team. What we need to do is rebuild. Focus on the midfield and defense. Our midfielders even Ndidi and Iwobi have not been playing well when they are on international duty. I don't know what happens to them on international duty. But at their clubs they play well. Nwabili has been a pleasant surprise. Outside of the strikers. We lack depth and there are injuries to S Moses, Ekong and Sanusi. Hopefully there are no more injuries. We need a 4 year plan that includes CHAN, youth development. Need to rebuild the team. That Afcon final is a worrying sign to me.

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I’m honestly disappointed with that interview. Naive to start criticising the old regime when you haven’t even got the job. Comes off as a novice.

He’s right about the set-up in AFCON but that’s not the kind of thing you go into.

He’s clearly playing a PR game but again comes off as an amateur.

As for saying he’s coached African and Caribbean players, not sure what he wants us to do with that. Sounds like saying “I have black friends”.

Add to the fact he’s a youth coach from a country where football is not even called football ie it’s not the passion of the country, I think this is way beyond him ans we’re better off going with our own youth coaches and folks who have at least played the game at a higher level.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

While I believe he has something to offer, I don’t think he is the right man for the job at this point in time when we have the huge challenge of trying to qualify for the World Cup starting in a few months time. We need someone who is familiar with the system and the players and that person is Finidi. But he would definitely need some help from another good local coach, or even a good foreign assistant. Nsien can be offered a job with one of our youth teams.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:07 am While I believe he has something to offer, I don’t think he is the right man for the job at this point in time when we have the huge challenge of trying to qualify for the World Cup starting in a few months time. We need someone who is familiar with the system and the players and that person is Finidi. But he would definitely need some help from another good local coach, or even a good foreign assistant. Nsien can be offered a job with one of our youth teams.
It took you some time to see reality. Also add don't impose assistants on Finidi. Let him bring in who he wants.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:35 am
Lolly wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:07 am While I believe he has something to offer, I don’t think he is the right man for the job at this point in time when we have the huge challenge of trying to qualify for the World Cup starting in a few months time. We need someone who is familiar with the system and the players and that person is Finidi. But he would definitely need some help from another good local coach, or even a good foreign assistant. Nsien can be offered a job with one of our youth teams.
It took you some time to see reality. Also add don't impose assistants on Finidi. Let him bring in who he wants.
What do you mean? Have I pushed for anybody else other than Finidi?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

We can forget it! Look how Finidi was crucified for losing a friendly game while Peseiro didn't win up to 10% of his friendly games! Lookman, a player that did not make the bench of RB Leipzig for a whole season and didn't have the balls to confront his oyinbo coach,suddenly grew wings to confront Finidi just because he didn't play in one game! The truth is that Nigerian coaches wouldn’t be given a chance, and if they are given the job for less pay, they would be frustrated out of the job.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

IF i am NFF there is no way i will hire u19 coach to come and coach the SE, dude has no clue how difficult coaching the SE , whereby everyone is a coach ..smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

nothing wrong with the interview.

agree with everything he said.

Will take him over any "beefing" and agenda driven Nigerian coach.

at least we know he will have no other agenda than Nigeria succeeding. That alone qualifies him above any Nigerian born coach.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:02 am nothing wrong with the interview.

agree with everything he said.

Will take him over any "beefing" and agenda driven Nigerian coach.

at least we know he will have no other agenda than Nigeria succeeding. That alone qualifies him above any Nigerian born coach.
Of course, anything born in Nigeria is never be good enough for you and your ilk.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

This guy is impressive. He's now my favorite. Solid blend between Nigeria and the western world..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Someone is impressed by eloquent. Na eloquent we go chop.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Based on that interview. I dont think he is a good candidate. But you can't judge a book by the cover. The NFF need to interview him. Lets hear his plans for the team. You never know.

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:43 pm Based on that interview. I dont think he is a good candidate. But you can't judge a book by the cover. The NFF need to interview him. Lets hear his plans for the team. You never know.
Silly clown. Why don't you post an interview of Finidi, so we can compare...
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lagerback had the PowerPoint slides and blew everyone away
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:43 pm Based on that interview. I dont think he is a good candidate. But you can't judge a book by the cover. The NFF need to interview him. Lets hear his plans for the team. You never know.
Ohenhen1,

What did you notice in the interview that makes him an unsuitable candidate? Please be clear and definitive.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:39 pm
Ohenhen1,

What did you notice in the interview that makes him an unsuitable candidate? Please be clear and definitive.
do not mind Ohene, bobo didn't even watch the interview. I like the bobo's confidence , he has the Naija belief and the American mentality of being better than everyone, the tactics he got right of us playing like the smaller teams, but we had too many players out. Well let the NFF pick the best man for the job , but i think Nigerians will frustrate this bobo big time

The pressure to coach the SE is no joke. We expect to qualify with no stress, play sexy football and win the next AFCON. so true :rotf:
SuperEagles

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:39 pm
Ohenhen1,

I am not a fan of the MLS. The quality of play in that league is poor. He also comes across as naive. But you never know. I would prefer he comes in as an assistant and U20 coach. Work his way up. Get used to the way it is done in Nigeria, which is different than in America.