OLISEH WILL BE A FAR WORSE COACH THAN KESHI

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
Re: OLISEH WILL BE A FAR WORSE COACH THEN KESHI

Post by JACKAL »

vancity eagle wrote:How can he be worse than calling up injured and amateur players ?

Do u mean that he plans to cap the handicapped, blind, and even the dead ?
There a few Moments that define Oliseh's Character for me:

1. He failed to show up for the away match against Sudan in Khartoum when he thought all was lost in our WC campaign in 2002. He faked back pain. He came running back after our dramatic 4-0 win

2. Telling his very foolish team mates (Agali, Finidi and Co) not to show up for the world cup in 2002..and then at the last moment tried to sneak back on the team.

3. Refusing to pay any condolence to the Sports ministers family after he died in a tragic Plane crash because of the spat they were having.

4. Going to the BBC and writing seditions comments about Nigeria and "Their" world cup.

The boy is Scoundrel and I hope those men in the glass house have a long memory.... :curse: :curse:

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

cic old boy wrote:Solowe's stance against Oliseh is related to Baba Oni. Solowe worships Oni and and has never forgiven Oliseh for rebelling against Thief Oni in 2002. You guys should realise that people usually never comment here for non-ulterior motives.

Cheii!! But Nigerians we sabi how to butcher our coaches. From 'Thief' Oni to 'Clueless' Christian Chukwu to 'Bettystash' to 'Amodummy' to 'Laberbeer' to 'Ke$hit'. Thankfully, Eguavoen wasn't around long enough to earn such a moniker.

If Oliseh eventually becomes the coach, I hope he knows what he is getting himself into. :lol:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

mystic wrote:
Cheii!! But Nigerians we sabi how to butcher our coaches. From 'Thief' Oni to 'Clueless' Christian Chukwu to 'Bettystash' to 'Amodummy' to 'Laberbeer' to 'Ke$hit'. Thankfully, Eguavoen wasn't around long enough to earn such a moniker.

If Oliseh eventually becomes the coach, I hope he knows what he is getting himself into. :lol:
:lol: :lol: Eguavoen became "Egusi".
http://www.naijiant.com/
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

cic old boy wrote:
mystic wrote:

I forgot that one. I guess he didn't stay long enough for that memory to be etched in my brain. That name must have been coined after 'Egusi' was used to forcefeed four balls down Nigeria's throat on an August afternoon in Brentford. Since no Nigerian likes to be to be forcefed, we threw the Egusi up out of his job. :lol:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

cic old boy wrote:Solowe's stance against Oliseh is related to Baba Oni. Solowe worships Oni and and has never forgiven Oliseh for rebelling against Thief Oni in 2002. You guys should realise that people usually never comment here for non-ulterior motives.
This from the chief conspiracy theorist on CE.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have you had any Buha-ha-hari sightings lately ?? :mrgreen: :rotf:
omoelenia
Egg
Egg

Post by omoelenia »

megapro wrote:but let us still make an attempt to rally round our coach for once. starting with Oloseh,...or whoever gets the nod
:clap:
I am all for that.
omoelenia
Egg
Egg

Post by omoelenia »

Solowe wrote:
This from the chief conspiracy theorist on CE.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have you had any Buha-ha-hari sightings lately ?? :mrgreen: :rotf:
Very apt come-back.

Not that I'm seconding the insinuations, either way.
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

Solowe wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:How can he be worse than calling up injured and amateur players ?

There a few Moments that define Oliseh's Character for me:

1. He failed to show up for the away match against Sudan in Khartoum when he thought all was lost in our WC campaign in 2002. He faked back pain. He came running back after our dramatic 4-0 win

2. Telling his very foolish team mates (Agali, Finidi and Co) not to show up for the world cup in 2002..and then at the last moment tried to sneak back on the team.

3. Refusing to pay any condolence to the Sports ministers family after he died in a tragic Plane crash because of the spat they were having.

4. Going to the BBC and writing seditions comments about Nigeria and "Their" world cup.

The boy is Scoundrel and I hope those men in the glass house have a long memory.... :curse: :curse:

This is nonsense. What about when he came on the field with malaria to help save our hide against senegal in 2000?
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

mystic wrote:
Solowe wrote:God, I hope its not true that they are considering him.

This guy is not management material. He led one of the worst rebellions in our soccer history almost singlehandedly destroying our 2002 WC campaign. No matter how good a coach he is or becomes, he has that rebellious "let them burn" mentality in him..... and in case you don't know, you are the "them" he is going to "burn".

We don't seem to learn from history in Nigeria. Past behavior is an predictor of future ones. This guy should be in chains being tried for treason and sedition for the things he had done in the past.

Again, you can bring this thread up anytime to impeach solowe if I am wrong. !!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=207080&hilit=Keshi+mistake

You do not need to be impeached. You simply need to have your head examined if you define Oliseh's actions back in 2002 as treason. Now as to whether the NFF and Oliseh will be able to stand each other long enough for this to work (which is what I assume you are referring to in your post) that is a valid question.
:rotf: The above is way down the list of the reasons why this dude needs his head seriously examined.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

You already know :agree:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

opine wrote:

Vancity, you don crase finish :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Na real crase man sha. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cic old boy wrote:
mystic wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I do not support the hiring of Oliseh as SE coach.I would rather Keshi stay on than hire Oliseh. If we must hire a local coach then it must be someone that has proven himself like Siasia or a consortium like Manu Garba, Amunike, and the other guy that was part of the youth WC championship team. Oliseh needs to prove himself at the junior or club level as we do not have the patience to wait until he figures it out with the SE.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

mystic wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Great move by the NFF ! Oliseh has played for some of the biggest clubs in Europe his experience from those clubs will be brought into use. The team will be set up tactically they will practice corner kicks and free kicks and the best will be called up. It is great that we are keeping the position Nigerian and no body can be worst then Steven Ikechuckwu Keshi good riddance

I was with you but you lost me at the end. Assuming that Oliseh becomes the new coach (which is what I am hoping for) if his worst effort brings us the Nations Cup and qualification out of the group stages of the World Cup, then I am waiting with bated breath for what his best effort will bring.

Keshi is gone as he should be, but give him his due. Under his guidance we won the ANC for the first time since 1994. He led us to the Confederations Cup for the first time. We qualified for CHAN for the first time and reached the semifinals of the tournament proper. We qualified for the World Cup and came out of our group for the first time since 1998. These are all accomplishments that cannot be wished away, even if you are his most fervent critic.

Yes his methods bewildered us, his call-ups were often head scratchers, and the man failed to understand a simple thing called depth. Not to mention that he banished many worthy players from the squad and was constantly beefing with the football federation. All this is true, just as his successes are true and neither can be divorced from the other.

Our biggest problems here is not Keshi, but the folks in government who wouldn't let the NFF move on after the World Cup, when they had resolved to part ways with Keshi. Had the govt butted out and left Aminu Maigari and company to run their affairs we likely don't miss the 2015 ANC, and we would have for sure avoided all this drama of the past year. So while Keshi is not absolved of blame for our failure to qualify for the 2015 ANC, the main culprit for me has always been the government, preventing the NFF from following its' programme and sowing all the seeds of confusion that engulfed our football community after the World Cup.

Some of you may not agree with me in your blind hatred or dislike of Keshi, but you will recall that the only other time that we failed to qualify for the ANC in recent memory government katakata was involved and responsible for our slow start in the 2012 ANC qualifiers, so that even without losing a game, Samson Siasia could not rescue the situation. Again not saying that Samson Siasia doesn't deserve his fair share of the blame, but the primary culprit was govt. interference in football matters. Of course those who hate or dislike Siasia may not agree. But the lesson here is that we should not get so caught up in hating on our coaches.

These guys (Siasia & Keshi) after all have served their country well as both players and coaches. For all their shorcomings between them they have accomplished quite a bit for Nigeria as coaches, and we should learn to keep our eye on the ball with respect to the administration of Nigerian football, and not get distracted by hating on our coaches or players.

Mind you I get what the primary complaint about Keshi is. I was as frustrated as any one with his call ups and team selection and I thought that he was too pig headed to see the error of his ways. The sad thing is, look at what he accomplished in spite of his dodgy selections. So imagine what he could have done without all the call ups that smelled of chicanery and without all the infighting with players and the NFF? This is what ultimately frustrated me the most about Keshi. He got in the way of his own success and he was too pig headed to understand this.

So I am not weeping for Keshi, but we need to give him his due and highlight the good with the bad.
Word! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:I do not support the hiring of Oliseh as SE coach.I would rather Keshi stay on than hire Oliseh. If we must hire a local coach then it must be someone that has proven himself like Siasia or a consortium like Manu Garba, Amunike, and the other guy that was part of the youth WC championship team. Oliseh needs to prove himself at the junior or club level as we do not have the patience to wait until he figures it out with the SE.
My broda, do you mean proven yourself in our amatuer league? I am also confused by what you mean by proven. Do you mean win at these levels, if you do, I do not see too many winners there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

You have exposed the ole! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

1naija wrote:I do not support the hiring of Oliseh as SE coach.I would rather Keshi stay on than hire Oliseh. If we must hire a local coach then it must be someone that has proven himself like Siasia or a consortium like Manu Garba, Amunike, and the other guy that was part of the youth WC championship team. Oliseh needs to prove himself at the junior or club level as we do not have the patience to wait until he figures it out with the SE.
What did Siasia prove other than it's possible for Nigeria not to qualify for a Nations Cup?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

mystic wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

But Uncle, Klinsmann didn't coach u-10 before Germany gave him the full national team. Sometimes these gambles are worth it.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

megapro wrote:but let us still make an attempt to rally round our coach for once. starting with Oloseh,...or whoever gets the nod
Megapro has the right attitude. The fans don't have any say in the choice.
Rather, once the coach is appointed, it is far better to rally around and support
him.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

If it turns out he gets appointed.. this is going to be one of the greatest disasters in Nigerian football and it will take Pinnick down for sure
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

What can be worse you ask ? Trust me oliseh will find a way !!
He is going to be the Roy Keane of Nigerian football management...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

mystic wrote:
Solowe wrote:God, I hope its not true that they are considering him.

This guy is not management material. He led one of the worst rebellions in our soccer history almost singlehandedly destroying our 2002 WC campaign. No matter how good a coach he is or becomes, he has that rebellious "let them burn" mentality in him..... and in case you don't know, you are the "them" he is going to "burn".

We don't seem to learn from history in Nigeria. Past behavior is an predictor of future ones. This guy should be in chains being tried for treason and sedition for the things he had done in the past.

Again, you can bring this thread up anytime to impeach solowe if I am wrong. !!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=207080&hilit=Keshi+mistake

You do not need to be impeached. You simply need to have your head examined if you define Oliseh's actions back in 2002 as treason. Now as to whether the NFF and Oliseh will be able to stand each other long enough for this to work (which is what I assume you are referring to in your post) that is a valid question.
Treason: A man who provides comfort to the enemy !!

That is exactly what Oliseh did during the 2002 WC. He created so much chaos and upheaval in the system. We had to retire some legends too soon, and bring in young players too quickly, thereby denying the system the continuity it needed to continue to flourish...then he went on to the BBC to write on behalf of the Brits who were our opponents.. where for a few sheckles of silver he unleashed seditious comments on his fathers land.

Mystic, you are already acknowledging this man is may have problems with authority figures... Part of the job for everybody at that level to know how to negotiate the politics of their job. You might be the most brilliant coach in the world, if you do not get along with your employers, many will not hire you. Even in Europe he has a reputation as a complainer with a difficult reputation ..little surprise he cant get a REAL coaching gig over there....Everybody knows he is a trouble maker and yet this Pin head we have as NFF chair thinks this is a good appointment because they are home boys... He is grossly mistaken.. This appoint will cost Pinnick his job and it will be Oliseh who will put the nail in Pinnicks coffin publicly.