Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:34 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:03 pm
Posts: 23820
RS is now the best player in the EPL.

Opari! :D :shyluv: :taunt:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14784
spastic wrote:
RS is now the best player in the EPL.

Opari! :D :shyluv: :taunt:

He's not even the best English player in the EPL.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 59679
Still the fastest headless chicken in the world.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:03 pm
Posts: 23820
The YeyeMan wrote:
spastic wrote:
RS is now the best player in the EPL.

Opari! :D :shyluv: :taunt:

He's not even the best English player in the EPL.

He is. You'll soon see it. Just don't be the last to notice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:39 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 35750
The YeyeMan wrote:
spastic wrote:
RS is now the best player in the EPL.

Opari! :D :shyluv: :taunt:

He's not even the best English player in the EPL.

Which English player is better than him currently?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:28 pm
Posts: 4151
Location: UK
cic old boy wrote:
Still the fastest headless chicken in the world.


bad belle aint good for you bro... :taunt: :taunt:
Raheem has scored 30 goals in his last 60 appearances for City...
Most clubs would love to have that kind of headless chicken in their team

_________________
YNWA
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 30250
cic old boy wrote:
Still the fastest headless chicken in the world.

CIC until you apologise I wont let this thread die o

_________________
Oya back to the matter
open and close


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 78135
Location: Earth
Cic knows nothing about football

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:40 pm
Posts: 1522
he is still a low IQ footballer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 14784
kajifu wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
spastic wrote:
RS is now the best player in the EPL.

Opari! :D :shyluv: :taunt:

He's not even the best English player in the EPL.

Which English player is better than him currently?

Currently? Nobody.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2018
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 30250
When is CIC going to apologise

_________________
Oya back to the matter
open and close


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 9861
Location: Osisi Nkwu
Sterling was robbed! That 3rd goal was legit.

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 9376
This guy frustrates me like no other but he's a very good player and he's improved under Pep. Pep demands Sterling to play on the touchline (like he demands of all his wingers), but Sterling is excellent in that role because of his speed and shiftiness. I don't think Pep can improve his decisionmaking but the tactical discipline alone (of making him play extremely wide) has taken his game to new heights. If Sterling can become more clinical he can become a 40 goal player in all competitions (and I really mean that). His goal tally is already impressive but he converts 1 of every 5 or so chances he gets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 29776
Nkume wrote:
Sterling was robbed! That 3rd goal was legit.


abeg keep quiet and stop talking like someone ............. rob ko, Mentholatum ni. msssshhheeew :arrow:

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 75626
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
Heliopolis wrote:
This guy frustrates me like no other but he's a very good player and he's improved under Pep. Pep demands Sterling to play on the touchline (like he demands of all his wingers), but Sterling is excellent in that role because of his speed and shiftiness. I don't think Pep can improve his decisionmaking but the tactical discipline alone (of making him play extremely wide) has taken his game to new heights. If Sterling can become more clinical he can become a 40 goal player in all competitions (and I really mean that). His goal tally is already impressive but he converts 1 of every 5 or so chances he gets.


how so, please?
he arrived at City at age..20/21, and has 'improved' since Pep arrived on the scene

who takes credit for Jadon Sancho's 'improvement'?

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3796
tfco wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
This guy frustrates me like no other but he's a very good player and he's improved under Pep. Pep demands Sterling to play on the touchline (like he demands of all his wingers), but Sterling is excellent in that role because of his speed and shiftiness. I don't think Pep can improve his decisionmaking but the tactical discipline alone (of making him play extremely wide) has taken his game to new heights. If Sterling can become more clinical he can become a 40 goal player in all competitions (and I really mean that). His goal tally is already impressive but he converts 1 of every 5 or so chances he gets.


how so, please?
he arrived at City at age..20/21, and has 'improved' since Pep arrived on the scene

who takes credit for Jadon Sancho's 'improvement'?


He's arguably the best player in the league now. Better goals + production. Pellegrini's style limited him, Pep frees him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 75626
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
kalani JR wrote:
tfco wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
This guy frustrates me like no other but he's a very good player and he's improved under Pep. Pep demands Sterling to play on the touchline (like he demands of all his wingers), but Sterling is excellent in that role because of his speed and shiftiness. I don't think Pep can improve his decisionmaking but the tactical discipline alone (of making him play extremely wide) has taken his game to new heights. If Sterling can become more clinical he can become a 40 goal player in all competitions (and I really mean that). His goal tally is already impressive but he converts 1 of every 5 or so chances he gets.


how so, please?
he arrived at City at age..20/21, and has 'improved' since Pep arrived on the scene

who takes credit for Jadon Sancho's 'improvement'?


He's arguably the best player in the league now. Better goals + production. Pellegrini's style limited him, Pep frees him.



so nothing to do with Raheem's natural progression as a star footballer.

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3796
tfco wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
tfco wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
This guy frustrates me like no other but he's a very good player and he's improved under Pep. Pep demands Sterling to play on the touchline (like he demands of all his wingers), but Sterling is excellent in that role because of his speed and shiftiness. I don't think Pep can improve his decisionmaking but the tactical discipline alone (of making him play extremely wide) has taken his game to new heights. If Sterling can become more clinical he can become a 40 goal player in all competitions (and I really mean that). His goal tally is already impressive but he converts 1 of every 5 or so chances he gets.


how so, please?
he arrived at City at age..20/21, and has 'improved' since Pep arrived on the scene

who takes credit for Jadon Sancho's 'improvement'?


He's arguably the best player in the league now. Better goals + production. Pellegrini's style limited him, Pep frees him.



so nothing to do with Raheem's natural progression as a star footballer.


Obviously that would come into play in some regard, no one thinks Pep made Raheem but he's found out what works for the guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 10233
kalani JR wrote:
tfco wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
tfco wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
This guy frustrates me like no other but he's a very good player and he's improved under Pep. Pep demands Sterling to play on the touchline (like he demands of all his wingers), but Sterling is excellent in that role because of his speed and shiftiness. I don't think Pep can improve his decisionmaking but the tactical discipline alone (of making him play extremely wide) has taken his game to new heights. If Sterling can become more clinical he can become a 40 goal player in all competitions (and I really mean that). His goal tally is already impressive but he converts 1 of every 5 or so chances he gets.


how so, please?
he arrived at City at age..20/21, and has 'improved' since Pep arrived on the scene

who takes credit for Jadon Sancho's 'improvement'?


He's arguably the best player in the league now. Better goals + production. Pellegrini's style limited him, Pep frees him.



so nothing to do with Raheem's natural progression as a star footballer.


Obviously that would come into play in some regard, no one thinks Pep made Raheem but he's found out what works for the guy.


dude, did you see raheem under Brendan Rodgers? when he played false 9?

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 9376
Too many emotional and brain dead dudes on this forum.

Just because a player is young and has a high transfer value does it mean their career will necessarily have an upward trajectory. For every Raheem Sterling you have other players in a similar circumstance that fails to materially improve.

Watch Sterling pre- and during Guardiola to understand the argument being made here. Guardiola has imposed tactical discipline on Sterling which has made the guy virtually unstoppable. He plays so wide it is difficult for defenders to mark him and the guy is so fast that defenders can't keep up with his late runs. The result is he has gone from scoring 1 goal every 5 games pre-Guardiola to now scoring 1 goal every 2 games.

I know its not a fair comparison but with England, Sterling scores 1 goal every 6 games (prior to his hattrick vs the Czechs last month his ratio was actually 1 goal every 7 games). England score fewer goals than City so we can't expect Sterling to be as prolific but you'd think an improving Sterling would perform better for England but that has not been the case.

I don't doubt Sterling would continue to improve on his own but Guardiola has undoubtedly enhanced his progression through some minor but important changes. The one thing Guardiola cannot control is what decisions Sterling makes and this is the difference between Sterling being a very good player, and one of the top 5-10 players in the game. For now I see him being on the level of guys like Robben, Di Maria, Pedro, etc who were gamechangers in their prime but far too often made bad decisions which resulted in them being upper 2nd tier players. The 1st tier guys (e.g. Messi, Ronaldo, etc) make the right decision the majority of the time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:49 pm
Posts: 75626
Location: Accra, Old Trafford, Takoradi, Canada
Heliopolis wrote:
Too many emotional and brain dead dudes on this forum.

Just because a player is young and has a high transfer value does it mean their career will necessarily have an upward trajectory. For every Raheem Sterling you have other players in a similar circumstance that fails to materially improve.

Watch Sterling pre- and during Guardiola to understand the argument being made here. Guardiola has imposed tactical discipline on Sterling which has made the guy virtually unstoppable. He plays so wide it is difficult for defenders to mark him and the guy is so fast that defenders can't keep up with his late runs. The result is he has gone from scoring 1 goal every 5 games pre-Guardiola to now scoring 1 goal every 2 games.

I know its not a fair comparison but with England, Sterling scores 1 goal every 6 games (prior to his hattrick vs the Czechs last month his ratio was actually 1 goal every 7 games). England score fewer goals than City so we can't expect Sterling to be as prolific but you'd think an improving Sterling would perform better for England but that has not been the case.

I don't doubt Sterling would continue to improve on his own but Guardiola has undoubtedly enhanced his progression through some minor but important changes. The one thing Guardiola cannot control is what decisions Sterling makes and this is the difference between Sterling being a very good player, and one of the top 5-10 players in the game. For now I see him being on the level of guys like Robben, Di Maria, Pedro, etc who were gamechangers in their prime but far too often made bad decisions which resulted in them being upper 2nd tier players. The 1st tier guys (e.g. Messi, Ronaldo, etc) make the right decision the majority of the time.


you've written a lot but said nothing

thank you anyway.

20/21 year old moves for record money, but his transformation to an elite footballer has been because of bald fraud
Is SAF credited for Ronaldo's rise to super stardom...or is it the player's hard work and dedication to his craft?

_________________

Fine Jersey FC

WC Quarter Finals sweet o
DNA no good o


@the Mod who deleted my Fine Jersey FC crying thread...dis 1-2 pain you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 am
Posts: 9376
tfco wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
Too many emotional and brain dead dudes on this forum.

Just because a player is young and has a high transfer value does it mean their career will necessarily have an upward trajectory. For every Raheem Sterling you have other players in a similar circumstance that fails to materially improve.

Watch Sterling pre- and during Guardiola to understand the argument being made here. Guardiola has imposed tactical discipline on Sterling which has made the guy virtually unstoppable. He plays so wide it is difficult for defenders to mark him and the guy is so fast that defenders can't keep up with his late runs. The result is he has gone from scoring 1 goal every 5 games pre-Guardiola to now scoring 1 goal every 2 games.

I know its not a fair comparison but with England, Sterling scores 1 goal every 6 games (prior to his hattrick vs the Czechs last month his ratio was actually 1 goal every 7 games). England score fewer goals than City so we can't expect Sterling to be as prolific but you'd think an improving Sterling would perform better for England but that has not been the case.

I don't doubt Sterling would continue to improve on his own but Guardiola has undoubtedly enhanced his progression through some minor but important changes. The one thing Guardiola cannot control is what decisions Sterling makes and this is the difference between Sterling being a very good player, and one of the top 5-10 players in the game. For now I see him being on the level of guys like Robben, Di Maria, Pedro, etc who were gamechangers in their prime but far too often made bad decisions which resulted in them being upper 2nd tier players. The 1st tier guys (e.g. Messi, Ronaldo, etc) make the right decision the majority of the time.


you've written a lot but said nothing

thank you anyway.

20/21 year old moves for record money, but his transformation to an elite footballer has been because of bald fraud
Is SAF credited for Ronaldo's rise to super stardom...or is it the player's hard work and dedication to his craft?


By that logic what is the point of having coaches? I guess players just develop on their own without guidance from coaches, family, friends, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: RAHEEM STERLING
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 10233
Heliopolis wrote:
Too many emotional and brain dead dudes on this forum.

Just because a player is young and has a high transfer value does it mean their career will necessarily have an upward trajectory. For every Raheem Sterling you have other players in a similar circumstance that fails to materially improve.

Watch Sterling pre- and during Guardiola to understand the argument being made here. Guardiola has imposed tactical discipline on Sterling which has made the guy virtually unstoppable. He plays so wide it is difficult for defenders to mark him and the guy is so fast that defenders can't keep up with his late runs. The result is he has gone from scoring 1 goal every 5 games pre-Guardiola to now scoring 1 goal every 2 games.

I know its not a fair comparison but with England, Sterling scores 1 goal every 6 games (prior to his hattrick vs the Czechs last month his ratio was actually 1 goal every 7 games). England score fewer goals than City so we can't expect Sterling to be as prolific but you'd think an improving Sterling would perform better for England but that has not been the case.

I don't doubt Sterling would continue to improve on his own but Guardiola has undoubtedly enhanced his progression through some minor but important changes. The one thing Guardiola cannot control is what decisions Sterling makes and this is the difference between Sterling being a very good player, and one of the top 5-10 players in the game. For now I see him being on the level of guys like Robben, Di Maria, Pedro, etc who were gamechangers in their prime but far too often made bad decisions which resulted in them being upper 2nd tier players. The 1st tier guys (e.g. Messi, Ronaldo, etc) make the right decision the majority of the time.


You seem very hurt! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I ask you again, did you see Sterling when he played false 9 under Brendan Rodgers?

let me let Brendan remind you-- he promoted Raheem, remember that:


_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Babalawo, Google [Bot], maceo4, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group