RAHEEM STERLING

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: RAHEEM STERLING

Post by anikulapo »

txj wrote:
anikulapo wrote:Rodgers is in deep trouble sha ....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-6029639
Really?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yeah if he is saying that he will play and stay for another manager aside from Rodgers then what do you think happens when an unfocused team starts the season blending all these new players minus Sterling and Sturridge, with their tough start to begin the season.

Hell many of the Anfield faithful wanted him out through tough stretches last season what do you think will happen when they struggle to start this one?

Ok keep laughing at yourself :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Nah, Sterling vs Rodgers is a no contest, Raheem has compromised his commitment to the cause, even if Bill Shankly is brought back to life, his loyalty to the Liverbird will forever remain questionable. Liverpool should cash in and for a mighty fee.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

anikulapo wrote:This boy don burn the bridge finally ohhh .. Tells Liverpool he doesn't even want to go on tour with them .... Allegedly :lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ga-6021683
Who is Raheem Sterling and why does he deserve so much media debate? He is a relative nobody in football terms :roll:
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Vincent. wrote:
anikulapo wrote:This boy don burn the bridge finally ohhh .. Tells Liverpool he doesn't even want to go on tour with them .... Allegedly :lol:

Who is Raheem Sterling and why does he deserve so much media debate? He is a relative nobody in football terms :roll:
He's the most highly touted under 21 in Europe....but I do agree, dude is so over rated. Why Liverpool don't sell this diva and move on is beyond me.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Vincent. wrote:

I see say them Don rusticate you from Hamas and you don dey spend most of your time with ISIS. No wonder you haven't been here lately or watching much soccer ... Egbe oshi :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Vincent. wrote:

I'm a lifelong Liverpool fan and I completely agree with you!

I've been watching the English game for decades and nobody is better than hyping their own. Its the same way Jack Wilshere was hyped to high heavens for a second half performance against Barcelona, long after the latter had pulled their feet off the pedal...

Had Sterling come thru La Masia, I doubt he would've reached the level of Cristian Tello or Deulofeu.

He's a talented player, but nowhere near the pedestal he's been put on.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Vincent. wrote:

I've been watching the English game for decades and nobody is better than hyping their own. Its the same way Jack Wilshere was hyped to high heavens for a second half performance against Barcelona, long after the latter had pulled their feet off the pedal...

Had Sterling come thru La Masia, I doubt he would've reached the level of Cristian Tello or Deulofeu.

As they built him up so will they destroy him.
He should get better representation.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Vincent. wrote:

Agreed.

I think this saga will leave some serious scars on him by the time it plays itself out, esp given how hard a negotiator Liverpool owners are...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:
Vincent. wrote:

I know you Liverpool fans are feeling pretty mired up in the proverbial, but this bit of invention is just ridiculous.

When Arsenal beat Barca at the Emirates, Jack was voted MoM, he put in a great performance which earned rave reviews all over Europe. I was at that game and will never forget the sight of Iniesta going over to Jack asking for his shirt.

Jack also put in a great performance at the Camp Nou for the return game even in defeat.

It was these 2 games which brought Jack to prominence and it began the silly hype. Jack was never hyped; "to high heavens for a second half performance against Barcelona, long after the latter had pulled their feet off the pedal ". This is just plain wrong and shows your agenda.

Jack has since moved on despite his injury problems and thank God the hype has calmed down. He has been outstanding for his country and is beginning to show signs of fulfilling his immense potential.

What is also clear is, despite Jack's issues, there is no current Liverpool player good enough to clean his boots.

IMHO, Raheem is overhyped.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Vincent. wrote:

I believe things could have been handled better, but it is not fair to lay the blame on the player and his representative alone. The Club and their bullying ex-players have acted just as bad if not worse, especially the like of Carragher who effectively tried to bully the player.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Waffiman wrote: I believe things could have been handled better, but it is not fair to lay the blame on the player and his representative alone. The Club and their bullying ex-players have acted just as bad if not worse, especially the like of Carragher who effectively tried to bully the player.
Waffi, it takes two to tango.

And Liverpool is an institution... they will win that battle everyday and twice on Sunday. That was what I was inferring with getting better representation...

Dude better pray he is not labeled...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

There is nothing wrong with trying to get paid, which is all Sterling wants, but as has been proven time and again these club owners will go to any length in an attempt to get what they want, including completely destroying a player's career.

Sterling is what he is, even Messi did not have to shoulder the kind of load Liverpool wants him to at this age. He is better off going somewhere with proper players who he can learn from and mature his game.
Cellular wrote:
Waffiman wrote: I believe things could have been handled better, but it is not fair to lay the blame on the player and his representative alone. The Club and their bullying ex-players have acted just as bad if not worse, especially the like of Carragher who effectively tried to bully the player.

And Liverpool is an institution... they will win that battle everyday and twice on Sunday. That was what I was inferring with getting better representation...

heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Vincent. wrote:

I know you Liverpool fans are feeling pretty mired up in the proverbial, but this bit of invention is just ridiculous.

When Arsenal beat Barca at the Emirates, Jack was voted MoM, he put in a great performance which earned rave reviews all over Europe. I was at that game and will never forget the sight of Iniesta going over to Jack asking for his shirt.

Jack also put in a great performance at the Camp Nou for the return game even in defeat.

It was these 2 games which brought Jack to prominence and it began the silly hype. Jack was never hyped; "to high heavens for a second half performance against Barcelona, long after the latter had pulled their feet off the pedal ". This is just plain wrong and shows your agenda.

Jack has since moved on despite his injury problems and thank God the hype has calmed down. He has been outstanding for his country and is beginning to show signs of fulfilling his immense potential.

What is also clear is, despite Jack's issues, there is no current Liverpool player good enough to clean his boots.

eerrm... Coutinho? :laugh: :taunt:

My guy if Raheem is overhyped then young Jack was "hyper-hyped" !!!
Raheem at 20 has scored more than double the amount of goals and played more games than Jack did at the same age.
He is a very good player with immense promise and that is a fact not hype. Whether he will go on to fulfill this promise remains to be seen.
The fact that he thinks he can hold Liverpool to ransome means he probably thinks he is better than he really is, which in itself is not a problem, but for such a young player it is a dangerous road to go down. Things can change very quickly in football through lack of form or injury or whatever. If he God forbid ever faced these challenges He would be much better taken care of in a club that brought him through than at a club that bought him for a huge fee.

You are wrong to say Brendan Rodgers is the problem. He has played his best football so far under Rodgers and to be honest i dont see what Rodgers said wrong in those quotes you posted. Like txj said he never mentioned a figure and made it clear that players need to me made to strive for something rather than get it all as soon as possible. That shows a club and a manager than is thinking about the players wellbeing as well as the talent he can bring to the team.

Liverpool will sell Raheem Sterling but only if they get the figure they want. If things had been handled better maybe they would have accepted a lower fee but not now. Sterlings reps should have realised how obstinate the owners are after the Suarez saga. In relative terms Sterlings case is a cake walk compared to that.

I hope he goes on to fulfill his potential but if he goes to Man City i dont see it happening. I forsee another Shaun Wright-Phillips type case if he does not hit the ground running. He may end up losing his England place and being forgotten in a few years.
YNWA
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Meanwhile... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

[/video]
YNWA
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Vincent. wrote:

It was these 2 games which brought Jack to prominence and it began the silly hype.
Jack was never hyped; "to high heavens for a second half performance against Barcelona, long after the latter had pulled their feet off the pedal ". This is just plain wrong and shows your agenda.

You seem to be debating with yourself!

On one hand u acknowledge the existence of the hype. Then on another you disagree with me that he has been hyped to high heavens!

Gaddem...... Waffileaks :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:

Nobody bullied anyone, except in the fertile imagination of those who would swallow the antics of the Sterling camp, hook line and sinker..

The facts are very clear. The details of the issue went public on Sterling's ill-advised BBC interview (yes, the very same one Waffi mixed up to make it appear the contract details were revealed by Rogers).

The talk about bullying and the attack of the Sterling camp on Rogers, is a sly and cynical reaction to Roger's insistence that you don't pay a young player too much, too soon. That you leave him 'something to aspire to'; something to play for' thru the contract system.

Its truly sad that RS should focus attack on the one person who has been most instrumental in getting him to the level he is at...

Anyone who understands the process of how young players are developed can only shake his head at the idiocy...

femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

Why bother with these guys. They all hate Pool and would like to see us crash and burn. But that won't happen. They won't be the first nor the last irrational haters of Liverpool FC.
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Height of hypocrisy. When t'is all said and done, Raheem has branded himself and the scar will stretch deep.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Nobody bullied anyone, except in the fertile imagination of those who would swallow the antics of the Sterling camp, hook line and sinker..

The facts are very clear. The details of the issue went public on Sterling's ill-advised BBC interview (yes, the very same one Waffi mixed up to make it appear the contract details were revealed by Rogers).

The talk about bullying and the attack of the Sterling camp on Rogers, is a sly and cynical reaction to Roger's insistence that you don't pay a young player too much, too soon. That you leave him 'something to aspire to'; something to play for' thru the contract system.

Its truly sad that RS should focus attack on the one person who has been most instrumental in getting him to the level he is at...

Anyone who understands the process of how young players are developed can only shake his head at the idiocy...
I do not know what you are on but here are the facts once again. You can believe what you want but the dates on these articles are not false.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31317209

That's Brendan Rodgers revealing details he had no business revealing. I leave others to make what they want of it. The question I ask is what is so wrong with refusing to sign a contract? Why must you be castigated and bullied because you have refused to sign a contract?

Here is Sterling's response, after a series of condemnations and bullying from the likes of Phil Thompson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32149613

Note the date. My point is Rodgers revealing the details he did and the negative reactions towards the players set the whole situation on a downward spiral. Sadly, things have now reached the really sad and poisonous situation no football person wants to see.

I know Liverpool people want to pretend like they have conducted themselves immaculately and it is all Sterling and his Agent's fault, but this is not true. Liverpool are an institution but the people running it at present are not up to scratch.

Then there is the hypocrisy on the part of Liverpool and their people. For example, James Milner refused to sign a contract as he engineered a move out of City to Liverpool. Do you hear Phil Thompson and his ilk castigate Milner? Of course not. Fact is, Liverpool played the game and got Milner from City. They tried the same with Walcott too. They should be ready for pay back as Sterling as initially refused to sign and now demands to leave to City.

Both sides have not helped the mess, and yes, Sterling's actions leaves a lot to be desired. But, my experience of things like this are clear, Sterling has been instructed to force his way out and if it means his value drops, so be it. City are livid with Liverpool for what they saw as the tapping up of Milner.

Sterling has been at Liverpool for 5 years, that is equivalent to a loyalty bonus of a considerable amount, but if you understand how these things work, Sterling has been told he will not lose his loyalty bonus or any other bonuses if he takes direct action. He is doing exactly that.

I remember Arsenal going through issues like this with their players, Wenger never went out to the press to make the type of statements Rodgers did. Sterling and his people have no confidence or trust in Rodgers because they feel he has betrayed confidences. This is at the heart of this matter also.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Here are the facts once again. You can believe what you want but the dates on these articles are not false.

That's Brendan Rodgers revealing details he had no business revealing. I leave others to make what they want of it. The question I ask is what is so wrong with refusing to sign a contract? Why must you be castigated and bullied because you have refused to sign a contract?

Here is Sterling's response.

Note the date. My point is Rodgers revealing the details he did and the negative reactions towards the players set the whole situation on a downward spiral. Rodgers spoke to the press first and it created the problems we now have because Sterling's people were not happy with Rodgers press conference and the reactions it generated for the player.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cellular wrote:

Sterling will force his way out to City. His actions are not spontaneous, they are calculated. Players now have all the power and Sterling knows that if Liverpool hold out his value drops. They have to sell and it is only a question of time.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

heavyd wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Vincent. wrote:

eerrm... Coutinho? :laugh: :taunt:

Coutinho can lace Wilshere's boots. You are right. My bad.

My guy if Raheem is overhyped then young Jack was "hyper-hyped" !!!

Don't know about hyper hype. Jack situation comes forth two games against that all conquering Barca team, in which he was MoM at the Emirates Arsenal win. I have never seen Sterling perform like that in a CL game against such opposition. If he did, he will get similar sort of hype

Raheem at 20 has scored more than double the amount of goals and played more games than Jack did at the same age.
He is a very good player with immense promise and that is a fact not hype. Whether he will go on to fulfill this promise remains to be seen.

Jack unfortunately has had too many injuries to really be judged, he maddens name the highest level in club football at the age of 17. We Gooners and England have been impressed with what they have seen last season. A direct comparison to Sterling on goals etc is not right cos they play different positions.

The fact that he thinks he can hold Liverpool to ransome means he probably thinks he is better than he really is, which in itself is not a problem, but for such a young player it is a dangerous road to go down. Things can change very quickly in football through lack of form or injury or whatever. If he God forbid ever faced these challenges He would be much better taken care of in a club that brought him through than at a club that bought him for a huge fee.

I cannot disagree with this but there is a reason for his actions and Liverpool have their fair share of blame.

You are wrong to say Brendan Rodgers is the problem. He has played his best football so far under Rodgers and to be honest i dont see what Rodgers said wrong in those quotes you posted. Like txj said he never mentioned a figure and made it clear that players need to me made to strive for something rather than get it all as soon as possible. That shows a club and a manager than is thinking about the players wellbeing as well as the talent he can bring to the team.

I disagree about Rodgers being interested in the player's wellbeing. He was only interested in Liverpool and was trying to get an edge in negotiations for Liverpool by going public. It's all good because he is an employee of Liverpool but it back fired because the player saw things differently. They saw it as a breach of confidence and and unfair attempt to pressures the player. Indeed, the reactions after his interview did not helped the player.

Liverpool will sell Raheem Sterling but only if they get the figure they want. If things had been handled better maybe they would have accepted a lower fee but not now. Sterlings reps should have realised how obstinate the owners are after the Suarez saga. In relative terms Sterlings case is a cake walk compared to that.

On this you are wrong. Liverpool are playing hard ball in public and it is the right thing to do but if Sterling and City hold their nerve, there is only one loser. Sterling has shown, he is though enough to dig in. He will dig in and if the window shuts, Liverpool will lose at least £10m on his valuation by January. He will not sign another contract, so his presence is also a problem in the dressing room. Liverpool do not want this, Sterling and City also know they have a strong hand and they are using it to hold Liverpool to ransom.

I hope he goes on to fulfill his potential but if he goes to Man City i dont see it happening. I forsee another Shaun Wright-Phillips type case if he does not hit the ground running. He may end up losing his England place and being forgotten in a few years.

This is a real possibility but Sterling backs himself and that's all that counts. Whatever will be, will be but for now, he believes he is good enough to excel at City. That's what counts and only time will tell.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:

I do not know what you are on but here are the facts once again. You can believe what you want but the dates on these articles are not false.

Here is Sterling's response, after a series of condemnations and bullying from the likes of Phil Thompson.

Note the date. My point is Rodgers revealing the details he did and the negative reactions towards the players set the whole situation on a downward spiral. Sadly, things have now reached the really sad and poisonous situation no football person wants to see.

I know Liverpool people want to pretend like they have conducted themselves immaculately and it is all Sterling and his Agent's fault, but this is not true. Liverpool are an institution but the people running it at present are not up to scratch.

Then there is the hypocrisy on the part of Liverpool and their people. For example, James Milner refused to sign a contract as he engineered a move out of City to Liverpool. Do you hear Phil Thompson and his ilk castigate Milner? Of course not. Fact is, Liverpool played the game and got Milner from City. They tried the same with Walcott too. They should be ready for pay back as Sterling as initially refused to sign and now demands to leave to City.

Both sides have not helped the mess, and yes, Sterling's actions leaves a lot to be desired. But, my experience of things like this are clear, Sterling has been instructed to force his way out and if it means his value drops, so be it. City are livid with Liverpool for what they saw as the tapping up of Milner.

Sterling has been at Liverpool for 5 years, that is equivalent to a loyalty bonus of a considerable amount, but if you understand how these things work, Sterling has been told he will not lose his loyalty bonus or any other bonuses if he takes direct action. He is doing exactly that.

I remember Arsenal going through issues like this with their players, Wenger never went out to the press to make the type of statements Rodgers did. Sterling and his people have no confidence or trust in Rodgers because they feel he has betrayed confidences. This is at the heart of this matter also.

Even by ur Waffileaks standard, this has to be a new odious low! The audio of the interview is right there on the link you posted, and nowhere does Rogers mention any amounts.

Secondly, the section of the article by Ben Smith is an analysis. Anyone who has a clue how online articles are developed will tell you they are constantly updated. That's why that section is marked off in the article! But trust Waffileaks to run with it :rotf: :rotf:

As for Sterling taking direct action and his value falling, well time will tell. But anyone who knows LFC owners, and I live here in the states and am familiar with how they work, nobody will force their hands, as we saw clearly with Suarez, against ur cock-a-mammie predictions at that time, I might add! :rotf: :rotf: