RAHEEM STERLING

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: RAHEEM STERLING

Post by anikulapo »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Prince wrote:The boy would do well, the guy is on his way to be the greatest UK player ever, thats not saying much but it would put all the haters to shame
Sterling is a good player; but I never saw what the hype was all about:
Can't strike a ball.
Can't thread a pass.
Makes the wrong critical decision 8 times out of 10.
Average ball control.

Sure, he's only 20. But I watched Messi at 20. No, Hazard at 20. Ozil at 19.
Hell, I even saw Mikel at 20.
Those 3 premium factors that portend greatness were all there.

One-dimensional dribbling & speed make good entertainment, but not great players. Unfortunately, the British game cherish those two skills. Reason why SWP, Walcott, et al earned so much hype.
That's why the British game falters at the world stage.

Sterling is a good player, but not worth anywhere near 49million pounds.
That is a value for great players.

How many dimensions did Ozil have at 19 and now at 26?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Price or not Sterling is a excellent young player imho and adds some extra bite to the City attack.....he will only get better playing with Yaya, Silva, Aguero and Nasri.
To God be the glory
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
Prince wrote:The boy would do well, the guy is on his way to be the greatest UK player ever, thats not saying much but it would put all the haters to shame
Can't strike a ball.
Can't thread a pass.
Average ball control.

One-dimensional dribbling & speed make good entertainment, but not great players. Unfortunately, the British game cherish those two skills. Reason why SWP, Walcott, et al earned so much hype.

No mind him guys just throw names for name sake.Ozil that Juve coach was piss today after the club offer 29million to sign him.Bobo said Ozil is a 16million player and he does not need him even Arsenal is to sell for 12million.Na that bobo does not like Ozil or dont rate him.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Really disappointed to read all this stuff but I understand. Fans are pained and angry with him but they vent their spleen on the wrong person. Liverpool made their mistakes in this saga and lost a highly promising young player. It is not Sterling fault someone has paid 49m for him. Why have a go at him for what he cannot control.

On the player's part. You guys just do not understand. Sterling was born in one of the worst ghettos in Jamaica, his father was shot dead (murdered) when he was 4 years old, his mum had enough and left to England when he was 5 years old.

Presented with football as an opportunity to better his family, the boy has taken every chance given to him. The City chance has made him financially, now we will see the kid deliver on the pitch. He has shown he is a tough cookie throughout this saga and he will show everyone how goo he is going to be at City. My regret is we did not sign him.
Why do u think the same fans did not similarly go after Suarez who let the club down several times?

The fans are going after him for the manner he and his agent went about it.

He is not the first poor kid to get a big break thru football and he wont be the last.

Time will tell if this gamble does pay off on the pitch. I wish him goodluck...
Chai!! See bad bellus. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All because, Raheem took the Sterling. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Unlike u guys who hold grudges against players (Cole, Nasri, RVP, etc) I do not. Just wanted to straighten u out. That's what brings me to this thread.

I am not in the least worried about the loss of RS. Nor do I care for all the drama, including those stupid fans abusing him...

I wish him the best of luck...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

[/video]

Raheem killed it here :D :D

Seriously british people are crazy
Oya back to the matter
open and close
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
Can't strike a ball.
Can't thread a pass.
Average ball control.

No mind him guys just throw names for name sake.Ozil that Juve coach was piss today after the club offer 29million to sign him.Bobo said Ozil is a 16million player and he does not need him even Arsenal is to sell for 12million.Na that bobo does not like Ozil or dont rate him.
Bros, abeg no vex but what are you saying?
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

anikulapo wrote:

Ozil at 19 had world-class written all over him.
2yrs later, at 21, bossed the UEFA U-21 tournament.
1yr later at 22, set alight WCup 2010.
Then, commanded a starting shirt at RMadrid.
At 25, featured prominently in Germany's WCup triumph 2014.
Ozil at 19 possessed all the attributes of a great player; no question.

Whether Ozil has ultimately fulfilled the portents everyone saw at 19 is a different debate.
Same can be argued about Mikel at 20(although to a lesser degree).
Same with the Robinhos, Andersons, Ashavins, etc
They all possessed attributes of greatness that were at least discernible at the watershed age of 20.

Which is why Sterling's case is interesting, because I don't see enough of the attributes to suggest he is destined for world-class level (for which the fee of 49 million pounds might have any merit)

Without prejudice to Sterling, that is my humble opinion.
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

they are now threatening his daughter
Oya back to the matter
open and close
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Ozil at 19 had world-class written all over him.
2yrs later, at 21, bossed the UEFA U-21 tournament.
1yr later at 22, set alight WCup 2010.
Then, commanded a starting shirt at RMadrid.
At 25, featured prominently in Germany's WCup triumph 2014.
Ozil at 19 possessed all the attributes of a great player; no question.

Whether Ozil has ultimately fulfilled the portents everyone saw at 19 is a different debate.
Same can be argued about Mikel at 20(although to a lesser degree).
Same with the Robinhos, Andersons, Ashavins, etc
They all possessed attributes of greatness that were at least discernible at the watershed age of 20.

Which is why Sterling's case is interesting, because I don't see enough of the attributes to suggest he is destined for world-class level (for which the fee of 49 million pounds might have any merit)

Without prejudice to Sterling, that is my humble opinion.
Again i asked you a simple question based on your dimensional theory :D so again how many dimensions did Ozil have when you scouted him. Cuz it sure as hell wasn't scoring, shooting, dribbing runs, dictating a game or any defensive work so I am curious about your dimensional theory with a young Ozil :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

anikulapo wrote:
Again i asked you a simple question based on your dimensional theory :D so again how many dimensions did Ozil have when you scouted him. Cuz it sure as hell wasn't scoring, shooting, dribbing runs, dictating a game or any defensive work so I am curious about your dimensional theory with a young Ozil :mrgreen:
:huh:
Seems clear to me you never watched young Ozil, so we'll leave it at that.

Sterling thrives in open spaces to run into; one-on-ones when he is facing a defender; but is weak wriggling out of tight spaces, or cul-de-sacs...One dimensional for want of a better term...

Oh, well, what do I know, anyway..?
- Bill Shankly
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Waffiman wrote:
Really disappointed to read all this stuff but I understand. Fans are pained and angry with him but they vent their spleen on the wrong person. Liverpool made their mistakes in this saga and lost a highly promising young player. It is not Sterling fault someone has paid 49m for him. Why have a go at him for what he cannot control.

On the player's part. You guys just do not understand. Sterling was born in one of the worst ghettos in Jamaica, his father was shot dead (murdered) when he was 4 years old, his mum had enough and left to England when he was 5 years old.

Presented with football as an opportunity to better his family, the boy has taken every chance given to him. The City chance has made him financially, now we will see the kid deliver on the pitch. He has shown he is a tough cookie throughout this saga and he will show everyone how goo he is going to be at City. My regret is we did not sign him. But where will we put him even if we could compete with City.
He didnt look very tough when he was booed constantly in the game against Ireland. HE was pathetic and looked lost. Even Roy Hodgson told him he would need to grow some bigger balls. If you want to cook good food you need to be able to stay in the Kitchen no matter how hot it gets :D
YNWA
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Cito wrote:Tuesday March 1st 2016 @ Anfield; Liverpool 4 V 0 Mancity(Sterlin sent off)
I wonder what the atmosphere will be like. :sneaky:
**Fixed
YNWA
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Prince wrote:[/video]

The order guy was way better.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Waffiman wrote:

Presented with football as an opportunity to better his family, the boy has taken every chance given to him. The City chance has made him financially, now we will see the kid deliver on the pitch. He has shown he is a tough cookie throughout this saga and he will show everyone how goo he is going to be at City. My regret is we did not sign him. But where will we put him even if we could compete with City.
Dogsh*t. Nasri suckled on the breasts of one of the wildest burbs in Marseille. He left Beloved for fame and fortune, where was the sanctimonious poppycock then? Need the numerous nicknames be presented? The same fans who deitified Van Persie now sing songs of rape and hurl bananas at Adebayor, what happened to you guys just dont understand, Emmanuel came from impoverished beginnings, Robin, a broken home....holier than thou indeed. Height of hypocrisy. Sterling is gone, simple. Rest assured if it were Wilshere, tales of a dressing room demagogue and other mutinous intentions would surface, as they always do, conveniently.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Blukyt wrote:
Prince wrote:[/video]

The order guy was way better.
He is in darilignton now
Oya back to the matter
open and close
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
:huh:
Seems clear to me you never watched young Ozil, so we'll leave it at that.

Sterling thrives in open spaces to run into; one-on-ones when he is facing a defender; but is weak wriggling out of tight spaces, or cul-de-sacs...One dimensional for want of a better term...

Oh, well, what do I know, anyway..?

Seems clear you either did not watch a young or Older Ckpolo Eyes. And if you did, had no clue of what you were watching :woot: :woot:

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Prince wrote:they are now threatening his daughter
All because, Raheem took the Sterling. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

:rotf: :rotf:
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Dogsh*t. Nasri suckled on the breasts of one of the wildest burbs in Marseille. He left Beloved for fame and fortune, where was the sanctimonious poppycock then? Need the numerous nicknames be presented? The same fans who deitified Van Persie now sing songs of rape and hurl bananas at Adebayor, what happened to you guys just dont understand, Emmanuel came from impoverished beginnings, Robin, a broken home....holier than thou indeed. Height of hypocrisy. Sterling is gone, simple. Rest assured if it were Wilshere, tales of a dressing room demagogue and other mutinous intentions would surface, as they always do, conveniently.

If you are long enough on CE u will see folks reinvent themselves many times over.

Imagine Waffiman lecturing people about players. The same guy who admitted he would throw bananas at Adebayor...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cchinukw wrote:Image
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

anikulapo wrote:

Seems clear you either did not watch a young or Older Ckpolo Eyes. And if you did, had no clue of what you were watching :woot: :woot:
Yeah, I was watching his twin :???:
Thanks for reminding me...
- Bill Shankly
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Gooner1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Presented with football as an opportunity to better his family, the boy has taken every chance given to him. The City chance has made him financially, now we will see the kid deliver on the pitch. He has shown he is a tough cookie throughout this saga and he will show everyone how goo he is going to be at City. My regret is we did not sign him.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:rotf: :rotf:

I gave up fighting Waffi, the man is a legend