RAHEEM STERLING

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: RAHEEM STERLING

Post by tfco »

wanaj0 wrote:Why was Pepe buying players instead of 'IMPROVING' the ones he met???

He should have improved Hart, Managala, Iheanacho etc instead of splashing out CASH on their replacements. I am sure that there are players in the City youth team that he could have IMPROVED instead of spending MONEY.

That said, Pepe is a GOOD coach.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

da elephant in da room

good luck getting an answer to this

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Can Pep improve these players too so that they dont jump shiP?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Nowt to do with improvement, more matter of fact, Sane, as brilliant as he is, can’t start ahead of Sterling and be it Good Friday, Easter Sunday or any given Saturday, Jesus can’t wear Aguero’s crown. Perhaps Peperempe could’ve rotated better, who knows, but with a league title still to play for, one cup won and another final to contest, ‘tis fair to conclude he hasn’t done ‘arf bad.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Coach wrote:Nowt to do with improvement, more matter of fact, Sane, as brilliant as he is, can’t start ahead of Sterling and be it Good Friday, Easter Sunday or any given Saturday, Jesus can’t wear Aguero’s crown. Perhaps Peperempe could’ve rotated better, who knows, but with a league title still to play for, one cup won and another final to contest, ‘tis fair to conclude he hasn’t done ‘arf bad.

But he could have given Sane more game time this season no? HD has affected the young mans momentum/upward trajectory
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

I can’t believe what I’m reading here. A coach is a teacher. He develops what’s already there. No amount of coaching would make me a good player. The coach needs something to work with. A good teacher improves a student, but the student must give the teacher something to work with and put in effort of his own. So the responsibility for Sterling’s improvement lies with the player and the coach. The percentage for each contribution is debatable. Most experts believe a coach’s contribution to the game is about the details - and maybe around 5%.

Why has Pep not improved all/most of the players he has worked with? We are talking human beings here with all sorts of dynamics at play, willingness to learn, etc. How many of those guys bombed out by Pep are doing well elsewhere? Where is Kelechi, Hart, Mangala, etc? Perhaps, other coaches also saw no room for improvement in them. Pep has his way of playing. He probably saw in Sterling, a guy that would fit his philosophy. Sterling reminds me of Pedro – wide attacker, hard worker, speed, not quite top-notch technique, etc.

Pep said on Sky Sports after they won the league last season that he will tolerate mistakes from players, but you would not last with him if you are not willing to work hard. I can’t think of a game where Sterling hasn’t put in a shift. When you hear Pep talk about Sterling, the smile on his face when he mimics Sterling’s voice, you would see they have a good relationship, which he may not have with some others.

What has improved about Sterling? Confidence. He has grown in stature and feels he is a go-to guy at City. He demands the ball and tries to make things happen. And if you keep trying, you will succeed. He still makes a lot of mistakes, wrong decisions and his shooting is still erratic. But the way City play, how he helps stretch play, has meant he will get into dangerous positions more. There was a match last season where on two occasions Sterling failed to find an open man in a dangerous position. I think Pep fell on the floor in exasperation in one of those chances. After the game he said, they will keep working with Sterling to improve his decision making.

Sterling has scored many goals this season from just better positioning and being calmer in front of goal. Positioning is more about coaching, being calmer could be down to maturity.
http://www.naijiant.com/
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Sterling = UNAPOLOGETIC BLACK EXCELLENCE....The man represents the black race more than so called African(by nation) players
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Sterling was doing the very same at Liverpool.