RAHEEM STERLING

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: RAHEEM STERLING

Post by spastic »

RS is now the best player in the EPL.

Opari! :D :shyluv: :taunt:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

spastic wrote:RS is now the best player in the EPL.

He's not even the best English player in the EPL.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Still the fastest headless chicken in the world.
http://www.naijiant.com/
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

The YeyeMan wrote:

He is. You'll soon see it. Just don't be the last to notice.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

The YeyeMan wrote:

Which English player is better than him currently?
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

cic old boy wrote:Still the fastest headless chicken in the world.
bad belle aint good for you bro... :taunt: :taunt:
Raheem has scored 30 goals in his last 60 appearances for City...
Most clubs would love to have that kind of headless chicken in their team
YNWA
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

cic old boy wrote:Still the fastest headless chicken in the world.
CIC until you apologise I wont let this thread die o
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cic knows nothing about football
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

he is still a low IQ footballer
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

kajifu wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Which English player is better than him currently?
Currently? Nobody.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

When is CIC going to apologise
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Sterling was robbed! That 3rd goal was legit.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

This guy frustrates me like no other but he's a very good player and he's improved under Pep. Pep demands Sterling to play on the touchline (like he demands of all his wingers), but Sterling is excellent in that role because of his speed and shiftiness. I don't think Pep can improve his decisionmaking but the tactical discipline alone (of making him play extremely wide) has taken his game to new heights. If Sterling can become more clinical he can become a 40 goal player in all competitions (and I really mean that). His goal tally is already impressive but he converts 1 of every 5 or so chances he gets.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Nkume wrote:Sterling was robbed! That 3rd goal was legit.
abeg keep quiet and stop talking like someone ............. rob ko, Mentholatum ni. msssshhheeew :arrow:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Heliopolis wrote:This guy frustrates me like no other but he's a very good player and he's improved under Pep. Pep demands Sterling to play on the touchline (like he demands of all his wingers), but Sterling is excellent in that role because of his speed and shiftiness. I don't think Pep can improve his decisionmaking but the tactical discipline alone (of making him play extremely wide) has taken his game to new heights. If Sterling can become more clinical he can become a 40 goal player in all competitions (and I really mean that). His goal tally is already impressive but he converts 1 of every 5 or so chances he gets.
how so, please?
he arrived at City at age..20/21, and has 'improved' since Pep arrived on the scene

who takes credit for Jadon Sancho's 'improvement'?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

tfco wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:This guy frustrates me like no other but he's a very good player and he's improved under Pep. Pep demands Sterling to play on the touchline (like he demands of all his wingers), but Sterling is excellent in that role because of his speed and shiftiness. I don't think Pep can improve his decisionmaking but the tactical discipline alone (of making him play extremely wide) has taken his game to new heights. If Sterling can become more clinical he can become a 40 goal player in all competitions (and I really mean that). His goal tally is already impressive but he converts 1 of every 5 or so chances he gets.
how so, please?
he arrived at City at age..20/21, and has 'improved' since Pep arrived on the scene

He's arguably the best player in the league now. Better goals + production. Pellegrini's style limited him, Pep frees him.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

kalani JR wrote:
tfco wrote:
how so, please?

He's arguably the best player in the league now. Better goals + production. Pellegrini's style limited him, Pep frees him.

so nothing to do with Raheem's natural progression as a star footballer.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

tfco wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
tfco wrote:
how so, please?

Obviously that would come into play in some regard, no one thinks Pep made Raheem but he's found out what works for the guy.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
tfco wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
tfco wrote:
how so, please?

Obviously that would come into play in some regard, no one thinks Pep made Raheem but he's found out what works for the guy.
dude, did you see raheem under Brendan Rodgers? when he played false 9?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Too many emotional and brain dead dudes on this forum.

Just because a player is young and has a high transfer value does it mean their career will necessarily have an upward trajectory. For every Raheem Sterling you have other players in a similar circumstance that fails to materially improve.

Watch Sterling pre- and during Guardiola to understand the argument being made here. Guardiola has imposed tactical discipline on Sterling which has made the guy virtually unstoppable. He plays so wide it is difficult for defenders to mark him and the guy is so fast that defenders can't keep up with his late runs. The result is he has gone from scoring 1 goal every 5 games pre-Guardiola to now scoring 1 goal every 2 games.

I know its not a fair comparison but with England, Sterling scores 1 goal every 6 games (prior to his hattrick vs the Czechs last month his ratio was actually 1 goal every 7 games). England score fewer goals than City so we can't expect Sterling to be as prolific but you'd think an improving Sterling would perform better for England but that has not been the case.

I don't doubt Sterling would continue to improve on his own but Guardiola has undoubtedly enhanced his progression through some minor but important changes. The one thing Guardiola cannot control is what decisions Sterling makes and this is the difference between Sterling being a very good player, and one of the top 5-10 players in the game. For now I see him being on the level of guys like Robben, Di Maria, Pedro, etc who were gamechangers in their prime but far too often made bad decisions which resulted in them being upper 2nd tier players. The 1st tier guys (e.g. Messi, Ronaldo, etc) make the right decision the majority of the time.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Heliopolis wrote:Too many emotional and brain dead dudes on this forum.

Just because a player is young and has a high transfer value does it mean their career will necessarily have an upward trajectory. For every Raheem Sterling you have other players in a similar circumstance that fails to materially improve.

Watch Sterling pre- and during Guardiola to understand the argument being made here. Guardiola has imposed tactical discipline on Sterling which has made the guy virtually unstoppable. He plays so wide it is difficult for defenders to mark him and the guy is so fast that defenders can't keep up with his late runs. The result is he has gone from scoring 1 goal every 5 games pre-Guardiola to now scoring 1 goal every 2 games.

I know its not a fair comparison but with England, Sterling scores 1 goal every 6 games (prior to his hattrick vs the Czechs last month his ratio was actually 1 goal every 7 games). England score fewer goals than City so we can't expect Sterling to be as prolific but you'd think an improving Sterling would perform better for England but that has not been the case.

I don't doubt Sterling would continue to improve on his own but Guardiola has undoubtedly enhanced his progression through some minor but important changes. The one thing Guardiola cannot control is what decisions Sterling makes and this is the difference between Sterling being a very good player, and one of the top 5-10 players in the game. For now I see him being on the level of guys like Robben, Di Maria, Pedro, etc who were gamechangers in their prime but far too often made bad decisions which resulted in them being upper 2nd tier players. The 1st tier guys (e.g. Messi, Ronaldo, etc) make the right decision the majority of the time.
you've written a lot but said nothing

thank you anyway.

20/21 year old moves for record money, but his transformation to an elite footballer has been because of bald fraud
Is SAF credited for Ronaldo's rise to super stardom...or is it the player's hard work and dedication to his craft?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

tfco wrote:

you've written a lot but said nothing

thank you anyway.

20/21 year old moves for record money, but his transformation to an elite footballer has been because of bald fraud
Is SAF credited for Ronaldo's rise to super stardom...or is it the player's hard work and dedication to his craft?
By that logic what is the point of having coaches? I guess players just develop on their own without guidance from coaches, family, friends, etc.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You seem very hurt! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I ask you again, did you see Sterling when he played false 9 under Brendan Rodgers?

let me let Brendan remind you-- he promoted Raheem, remember that:

[/video]
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?