Oliseh not good for SE : Westerhof'

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

nko
Egg
Egg
Oliseh not good for SE : Westerhof'

Post by nko »

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Oliseh not good for SE : Westerhof'

Post by Benedict Iroha »

So who do you think should do the job now, a foreign coach?

Yes, absolutely yes. What Nigeria needs after Stephen Keshi is a foreign coach; a Technical Adviser who will work with a Nigerian coach. A coach from Holland or any big European country but not Germany with likes of Berti Vogts who will spend one week in Nigeria and spend the rest of the year in their native countries. When I was in Nigeria, I discovered Daniel Amokachi in Enugu when they played a league with Rangers. I walked up to their bus and told him he will be in my (Super Eagles) team, he said which team and I told him right there in the presence of other players, I’m the national team manager but he said he was just 16 years old and I said it doesn’t matter. Finidi George is a great player, I also was at the stadium when he played for his club and I called him to camp. There were many players like that I brought to Super Eagles camp. So whoever the foreign technical adviser will be, he must be ready to see many of the domestic league games and see how the players are doing and how they play. You don’t stay away from the games and players and hope to have a strong Super Eagles team, no, it can’t happen.
This is why westerhoff will always be a legend......most foreign coaches nowadays are not ready to do the dirty work westerhoff did....they here to collect check and go back to europe.....even keshi couldn't do the dirty job westerhoff did....he will be calling useless unknown players to the team.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

No European coach know our style of Football. Westerhof - it took you almost 5 yrs to finally get the soup ingredients together before the soup started having some taste. You being a foreigner finally showed as you could not lead an African Team with incredible chemistry and talent in 1994 W-Cup to bulldoze the rest of the world because of your biased thinking that an African team do not deserve such glory. It showed the way you handled that team in 1994.

It will take a simple hard working and honest Nigerian to get us the World Cup not any foreign person. Anybody can take that to the bank. Yes I said it.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Agbako wrote:No European coach know our style of Football. Westerhof - it took you almost 5 yrs to finally get the soup ingredients together before the soup started having some taste. You being a foreigner finally showed as you could not lead an African Team with incredible chemistry and talent in 1994 W-Cup to bulldoze the rest of the world because of your biased thinking that an African team do not deserve such glory. It showed the way you handled that team in 1994.

It will take a simple hard working and honest Nigerian to get us the World Cup not any foreign person. Anybody can take that to the bank. Yes I said it.
What are you on about?

Not saying Oliseh will not succeed but what Westerhof said here is true. And what is wrong with taking a coach 5 years to succeed? You will need to understand the internal feud amongst the players in 1994 of which Oliseh played a forgettable key role to understand why we didn't "bulldoze the rest of the world". It had nothing to do Westerhof's so called "biased thinking". While no coach can be totally unbiased in selection no matter how professional, if Westerhof were biased to the extent you alluded, players like Amuneke, Okocha and Nwanu wouldn't have been on the team. Rufai wouldn't even have been our WC goalie.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigerians restrict themselves by being sentimental or trying to be fair or not when selecting players due to their tribe or ignoring a player due to his age and to make matters worse they rely on European clubs to indicate a players ability finding it hard to pick a gem from their own NPL and find a balance that suits what they are looking for!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Benedict Iroha wrote:

Yes, absolutely yes. What Nigeria needs after Stephen Keshi is a foreign coach; a Technical Adviser who will work with a Nigerian coach. A coach from Holland or any big European country but not Germany with likes of Berti Vogts who will spend one week in Nigeria and spend the rest of the year in their native countries. When I was in Nigeria, I discovered Daniel Amokachi in Enugu when they played a league with Rangers. I walked up to their bus and told him he will be in my (Super Eagles) team, he said which team and I told him right there in the presence of other players, I’m the national team manager but he said he was just 16 years old and I said it doesn’t matter. Finidi George is a great player, I also was at the stadium when he played for his club and I called him to camp. There were many players like that I brought to Super Eagles camp. So whoever the foreign technical adviser will be, he must be ready to see many of the domestic league games and see how the players are doing and how they play. You don’t stay away from the games and players and hope to have a strong Super Eagles team, no, it can’t happen.
This is why westerhoff will always be a legend......most foreign coaches nowadays are not ready to do the dirty work westerhoff did....they here to collect check and go back to europe.....even keshi couldn't do the dirty job westerhoff did....he will be calling useless unknown players to the team.
So if I get Mr. Westerhof right only an European can scout players?

And the native writes that even Keshi couldn't do the dirty work?

Are you guys ever sincere? Keshi has been fired but you should not start making stuff up about him.
The AnC we won we had the likes of Oboabona and the elephant killer Mba. Pray who put them on the team? Even the local ANC that we qualified for the first time, under whose watch.

The fact Keshi got derailed shouldn't be used to rubbish his verifiable accomplishments.

Sonny Oliseh will succeed because he will put in the work. Unlike some natives who believe that coaching is beyond their fellow Africans, Oliseh will succeed in spite of us.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

Cellular wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:

Are you guys ever sincere? Keshi has been fired but you should not start making stuff up about him.
The AnC we won we had the likes of Oboabona and the elephant killer Mba. Pray who put them on the team? Even the local ANC that we qualified for the first time, under whose watch.

The fact Keshi got derailed shouldn't be used to rubbish his verifiable accomplishments.

Sonny Oliseh will succeed because he will put in the work. Unlike some natives who believe that coaching is beyond their fellow Africans, Oliseh will succeed in spite of us.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
nko
Egg
Egg

Post by nko »

For once I agree with Westerhof. Oliseh might be a good football analyst but that does not translate to coaching and managerial success. Experience and man-management skills are very important.
Oliseh should have been given perhaps the U-20 job first so that he can produce and show a track record.
Oliseh is a very feisty and strong-willed character and his relationship with NFF and Players will be severely tested when results don't go his way.
I wish him success but I feel NFF got it wrong again. Another soap opera in the making.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In other words, Virgil needs a Ted DiBiase. Thanks for the memories Clemens, now jog on.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Westerhoff should go and hug a transformer. We dont need a foreign coach!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

nko wrote:For once I agree with Westerhof. Oliseh might be a good football analyst but that does not translate to coaching and managerial success. Experience and man-management skills are very important.
Oliseh should have been given perhaps the U-20 job first so that he can produce and show a track record.
Oliseh is a very feisty and strong-willed character and his relationship with NFF and Players will be severely tested when results don't go his way.
I wish him success but I feel NFF got it wrong again. Another soap opera in the making.
What will be more than severely tested is the patience and maturity of the Nigerian football fans...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

wanaj0 wrote:Westerhoff should go and hug a transformer. We dont need a foreign coach!
We now have a foreign assistant.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Westerfof was not good enough for the SE. He was just a crap coach that got lucky.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20708

The BS about Amokachi could only happen in the 90s. Football has globalised since then. Any Amo quality player would be in Europe in no time.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cellular wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:

Westerhoff is just a foul joke for suggesting only FCs can scout players.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Agbako wrote:No European coach know our style of Football. Westerhof - it took you almost 5 yrs to finally get the soup ingredients together before the soup started having some taste. You being a foreigner finally showed as you could not lead an African Team with incredible chemistry and talent in 1994 W-Cup to bulldoze the rest of the world because of your biased thinking that an African team do not deserve such glory. It showed the way you handled that team in 1994.

Agbako please remember that it was Oliseh's blunder in defending that resulted in a goal by Italy which knocked us out of the world cup.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I see a lot of Keshi houseboys on this thread. Was this a front for a Keshi houseboys meeting? No wonder the false title is allowed to stand. Keshi house should go and apologize to the forum before hiding here to have a meeting.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Oguleftie wrote:

Agbako please remember that it was Oliseh's blunder in defending that resulted in a goal by Italy which knocked us out of the world cup.
Oliseh's blunder gave Italy a lifeline, Eguavoen's blunder sealed our fate
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

akamoke wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:

What was westerhoff's plan after we went up 1-0?
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

What is Oliseh's coaching background and experience?
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
Spicyee
Egg
Egg

Post by Spicyee »

GIN wrote:
akamoke wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:

What was westerhoff's plan after we went up 1-0?
He told Oliseh, Amunike, Amokachi and Jay Jay not to pass the ball to Yekini... :tic:
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

I humbly disagree with Oga Westerhof here.

That said, Sunday must sort out the power thing quickly. He should not align with Pinnick. Find a higher up. Play it carefully.
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
nko
Egg
Egg

Post by nko »

Why do things in a rush? Why not advertise the position and go through a proper selection process?
Why select an inexperienced person to coach the SE?
Oliseh does not merit this appointment. Sia Sia could have even made more sense.
We are blessed with so much talent and we just need an experienced Manager to harness the talents.
Why do things have to be so upside down in Nigeria? I pray for the country.
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

Spicyee wrote: He told Oliseh, Amunike, Amokachi and Jay Jay not to pass the ball to Yekini... :tic:
Was he aware of this development? :tic:
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099