RESULT: DRC Vs Guinea(1-2), Wot a Cracker!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

This is an ugly group. Congo will come back. They're game against Tunisia will be major! One of those three - Guinea, Congo and Tunisia will go home and none of them will do it wthout a major fight.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Sampo:
Congo DRC will always have preparation problems because of their situation.

However, I do believe that a few more teams will be exposed for a lack of preparation. Just watch! 8)
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

Kneedeep wrote:Let us give credit to both teams especially Guinea. They came back in the second half and won by sheer will to a younger, more skilled side. Getting the ball in the back of the net is what counts. The Guineans were more clinical finishers. Lua Lua is still the man but if he had taken his chances in the first half the result may have been different.

Kneedeep's match stats:

Silly haircut count: 1 (No 7 Guinea)

Cool Cherographed goal celebrations: 0 The DRC scored but no funky Ndombolo steps were forthcoming. The Guineans seemed to have more interest in reaching for Ben Gay, Robb, and Alabukun ointment than dancing.

African event of the match: The Guinean Juju men using "Wifi" Vs the DRC Juju men on "Bluetooth". After some standard problems with 8.02.11a and switching to 8.02.11b during half time, the Guinean okpo downloaded faster as the bluetooth "killer app" once again failed to materialize :lol: .
Thanks for the match briefings.
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

My pleasure, it was a great match to watch.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

YUJAM wrote:Sampo:
Congo DRC will always have preparation problems because of their situation.

However, I do believe that a few more teams will be exposed for a lack of preparation. Just watch! 8)
You narrowed it down to preparations. But match facts indicate they simply ran out of steam. I was lamenting the fact that DRC isn't even anywhere near the shadow of her former self.. soccerwise.

Guinea suffers this same setback, btw. While one could somehow trace the root of DRC's woes, that of Guinea is even more difficult to understand. Whatever happened to the Hafias and Horoyas of that country?
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

juventuss wrote:the commentator stated that DRC are being affected by

Lack of preparation
Missing Key players during training
Poor administration by officials

Sound familair ?
Hmmmmmmm!!! a dey fear o :!: :!:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Roger Kengele
Egg
Egg

Post by Roger Kengele »

Lualua is waste pipe in competitive football you have to score from few occasion, but if after countless occasion you didkn't something wrong. I think we're heading home, painfull but it's the truth. Brothers don't let north african touch this cup.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

More upsets please! It's good for the game.
...but with God all things are possible...
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Roger the abscence of Shabani Nonda is the missing link in the DRC attack.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

waka-man wrote:This is an ugly group. Congo will come back. They're game against Tunisia will be major! One of those three - Guinea, Congo and Tunisia will go home and none of them will do it wthout a major fight.
U reckon?
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Kneedeep wrote:Let us give credit to both teams especially Guinea. They came back in the second half and won by sheer will to a younger, more skilled side. Getting the ball in the back of the net is what counts. The Guineans were more clinical finishers. Lua Lua is still the man but if he had taken his chances in the first half the result may have been different.

Kneedeep's match stats:

Silly haircut count: 1 (No 7 Guinea)

Cool Cherographed goal celebrations: 0 The DRC scored but no funky Ndombolo steps were forthcoming. The Guineans seemed to have more interest in reaching for Ben Gay, Robb, and Alabukun ointment than dancing.

African event of the match: The Guinean Juju men using "Wifi" Vs the DRC Juju men on "Bluetooth". After some standard problems with 8.02.11a and switching to 8.02.11b during half time, the Guinean okpo downloaded faster as the bluetooth "killer app" once again failed to materialize :lol: .
I can see u are an electronics major