OSAZE Odemwingie Interview

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

F360
Egg
Egg
OSAZE Odemwingie Interview

Post by F360 »

With the Premier League season kicking off in 24 hours, we caught up with Nigeria and Stoke City striker Peter Osaze Odemwingie to get his thoughts on Stoke, his rehab from injury, his expectations and ambitions for this season, fatherhood and P-Square.

What do Stoke need to do this season in order to equal or improve on last season’s position? Good start? Consistency? Strong finish?

Well I will say, stick to what we’re doing and do it well. Probably a bit more consistency will help because last season we just gave away a few points that we shouldn’t have especially at home so that’s what we need to work on and keep going the same way we’ve been going.

What’s your ambition for this season? Do you have a set target for # of goals or assists to get? A set target for amount of matches you’d like to play in?

The ambition for this season is hopefully to win or challenge, at least to get close to one of the cups. Personal- double figures just scoring goals to get back to where I used to be.

You recently said you’re not yet at 100 percent in terms of how you feel on the pitch, what percentage would you say you are at and at what point do you feel you’ll get to 100 percent? By October? By Christmas or at some point in the new year?

Physically I feel maybe 100%, just a bit still with the knee not 100% yet. I’ll give it two months. From what most of the boys say, at one year they feel perfect after the surgery. I’m just nine months now so hopefully in a few months I’ll be 100%.
The rest is on the site, here's the link
http://sportsafrica.net/interview-with- ... demwingie/

--------------------------------------------