Okoronkwo says one year contract is behind his Wolves woes

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

If Isaac has a great ANC outing, Wolves fans will have to ask for their manager's head. Infact from game 1, I will go bombard their forum with show them what they are missing in their line of defence.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

YUJAM wrote:Leeds want to stay in the top league too. You'd better be sure that if Isaac was all that, he'd be starting!

This story does not sound right!
We know Leeds wants to stay in the top league, but how does that affect the price of Garri and beans or Okoronkwo?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
realplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by realplayer »

I have watched the guys and it is a shameful disgrace that Isaac has not played a game!

Isaac has played at the highest level of football while the Wolves pack are just having their first taste or are retiring from the premiership.

For someone to say that Okoronkwo is not good enough needs to be suffering from a complex. Maybe, believing that a white man can not be prejudiced, tell lies, corrupt, etc

Even a kid will know there is something strange happening!
Talent can only blossom with hard work!
Obinna
Egg
Egg

Post by Obinna »

Well like any story there is always two sides... My sources in London (cousins).. tell me that he is simply not good enough.. Even in the reserves games that he plays in he looks out of shape and not up to par
Owerri-Aba Road
wawa
Egg
Egg

Post by wawa »

I don't know why he is not playing but that story of his sounds a bit fishy. Lucky for us he has a chance to prove the Jones dude wrong. I'm not sure racism has anything to do with it; the other Arican on the team is getting played. Any explanationation for that Realplayer or maybe they like Senegalese better than Nigerians? By the way, George Ndah another Nigerian played a bunch of games when healthy.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The bottomline is that these guys don't want to pay him what he's worth and believe that by not playing him, they can reduce his market value... however, my guess is that they evidently didn't count on being last in the EPL (crazy assumption if you ask me) or they didn't believe that playing Isaac will making any difference as to whether they win or lose... that's the only thing that makes sense to explain why they just won't play him... cause it's got absolutely nothing to do with skills or injury.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

and the saga continues. Let him just deliver for us rom tomorrow onwards. Emyeama is a basket. Our defenders have to be extra alert. I don talk my own. :twisted:
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

Bottom line is with a team like wolves he should have had at least a game.Haba even Jardel was giving a chance in one or two games to show us how unfit he is.There really is no adequate explanation for why he has not played a single match.That one get as e be.and we all know he is at least a decent defender.
I believe the bobo jo!!! :oops: :oops:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I really hope for Isaac's sake that he gets a steller tournament.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Otitokoro
I like your name, and i am happy you really answer to your name, whoever asked Okonronkwo to use that excuse must be very daft , not playing because of oen year contract dont make me laugh. Has he ever heard of players on loan playing regularly, despite the fact they may be going back to their clubs. If he plays regularly and another club comes for him, it is to the benefit of Wolves.

Thank God he did not play the race card, or because i am from Africa, i dont know why he is not playing, i have seen him play in Eagles, but playing international matches is different from playing league matches. On the international scene you are allowed to dwell on the ball, the pace is not as ferrocious as you get especially with the Premiership, both of this factors i think might be why our man is not playing. He should acknowledge that on work on this.

I have this terrible feeling something is wrong, Wolves have gone through some bad beating such as which if Our man has some form in him and has been able to justify himself , he should at least have played a match for this team.

We will see this when SE plays. But please spare us if one year contract does not suit Wolves they wont sign you, it is as simple as that, in this part of the world they are not so charitable with their money, save such excuses for naija scene.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

Sorry i did not see this thread. If i cann lock the thread, can a moderator lock it pls.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

Obinna wrote:Well like any story there is always two sides... My sources in London (cousins).. tell me that he is simply not good enough.. Even in the reserves games that he plays in he looks out of shape and not up to par
I can tell you that your cousins are wrong cos Wolves dont play in London.

oloye

If you really know the politics of football in england, you would know that what Okonronkwo said hold alot of water. Clubs are know to buy players that would make them alot of profit.

I can tell you that Wolves realied that Okoronkwo would be a good assest after getting him into shape, but due to the fact that he signed only a year contract. They are trying to blackmail him into extending his contract so when they are relegated, they would make alot of money by selling him.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

maybe the coach bought him to be a reserve player incase of injury. I don't think he wonna give him any chance of winning a shirt as a starter, which is not fear. If yobo and babayaro can get a game, he should be able to get a game in that bottom of the table team.

I think the coach is trying to **** his career up cos if a player cannot get 1 games in that kind of team, no premiership team will wonna buy you. He should just quit the club at the end of the season and go back to france or belgium.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Akure4Life
May be u should explain to me what kind of politics or business idea would make you keep a player that could save you the financial ruin that relegation could bring all in the name of trying to sell him when you get relegated.
Yes i dont know the politics, but i do not need to know the politics or know that even Okoronkwo will be worth nothing if Wolves get relegated. Neither do i see Wolve making any money from a player they signed who is suppose to be a world class player and yet could not be used to salvage the team.
Please lets talk serious football here , something is wrong somewhere, i am an Okonronkwo fan, but such excuses does not hold water, your value as a player appreciates with the number of appearances not from sitting on the bench.
I hope he has good agents who can flog him to a good team after this season otherwise i pray he has a good tournament in Tunis. else i forsee a journey into the unknown, then you will know the hard realities and the business of football, that if you are from Africa you must be very good to make headway.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho