How is Pedro better than Moses?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How is Pedro better than Moses?

Post by oloye »

All i know is that Jose house nor dey head...how does Pedro fit into the Chelsea connundrum? Will Pedro work like jerki(donkey)? Not the Pedro i see in Barca. The truth is coming to EPL,you cannot try to compare Moses and Pedro... Soldado was tearing it in La Liga,he became a bum in the EPL. If Pedro was heading to Arsenal or Man city i would give him a higher chance of success than Chelsea where they hardly keep the ball beyond 4-5 passes before they start chasing after the ball again. Thw truth is ,an average player in Chelsea spends more time defending than playing.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

anointed wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
anointed wrote:Yujam,

What career stats are you talking about? Be more specific, pls. That said, let Moses play for Barca and Pedro for Wigan.
But moses played for Chelsea and nothing happened nah, let's not get carried away please. We should be comparing moses to people like andre ayew with all due respect.
Did Pedro play for Eibar or Elche? All these comparisons are overrated.
He played for Barca the same way Moses played for a big team in london, so let's stop making excuses. Shoe get size.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@oga wale1974
When top keepers are call,where do you rate Victor Valdes?
Also pull his stats and i can tell you not more than 2 keeper has better stats than in the game.
Playing for barca when you are one of their child will give you a good career stats..
I hope you know Pedro has better career stats than Drogba but can you say Pedro is better than Drogba?
I hope you know Pedro has better stats than Hazard,will you say he is a better player than Hazard?
Also i hope you know Pedro is a bench warmer for Barca never starter in any season might start some yeye games here and there.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

wale1974 wrote:
anointed wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

What career stats are you talking about? Be more specific, pls. That said, let Moses play for Barca and Pedro for Wigan.
But moses played for Chelsea and nothing happened nah, let's not get carried away please. We should be comparing moses to people like andre ayew with all due respect.
He played for Barca the same way Moses played for a big team in london, so let's stop making excuses. Shoe get size.
How long did Pedro play for Barca and how long or how many matches has Moses played for Chelsea? Forget it, there will never be level ground to assess them head to head.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

anointed wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
anointed wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

How long did Pedro play for Barca and how long or how many matches has Moses played for Chelsea? Forget it, there will never be level ground to assess them head to head.
I'm not sure if Pedro is going to be a chelsea legend like zola, but pound for pound he is better than Moses.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

YUJAM wrote:
amafolas wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Take a look at their career stats. The difference is very clear
you mean those inflated barca stats. Moses does need to add more end-product to his game. I am predicting Pedro will be a bust in the EPL.
I ain't trying to argue or make any predictions. But the stats are the stats. ;-)

Personally I'd take Pedro over Vic Mo any day. Say what you want but Mou is no f@0l. He knows why he paid 30 milla

Pedro is good at running into space and finishing. VicMo's style is to be on the ball making things happen. But Chelsea already have superior players in Fabregas and Hazard for that.
Last edited by amafolas on Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

where are you pulling this from? pedro does NOT have better stats than drogba
kajifu wrote:@oga wale1974
Also pull his stats and i can tell you not more than 2 keeper has better stats than in the game.
Playing for barca when you are one of their child will give you a good career stats..
I hope you know Pedro has better career stats than Drogba but can you say Pedro is better than Drogba?
I hope you know Pedro has better stats than Hazard,will you say he is a better player than Hazard?
Also i hope you know Pedro is a bench warmer for Barca never starter in any season might start some yeye games here and there.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

kajifu wrote:So this clown of a coach after buying two wingers that are not better than Moses and now he go for another winger who is not better than Moses.smh
My people please can anyone tell me exactly how Pedro is better than Moses ?
Also please dont come here with oooh he play for Barca or Spain because even Bajan play for Barca and Valdes.
Thanks
1. Pedro has vastly more experienced at the top, top level of the game: he has played and won World Cup finals, European Cup finals, Champions League finals, other cup finals, and league titles, He is unlikely to be intimidated by any match Chelsea will play. This cannot be said for our Moses.

2. Pedro's wing play is different from Moses' wing play. Moses is of the dribbling type while Pedro is more direct but his diagonal runs into the box, his composure in front of goal, and his tactical intelligence are superior. He can also play through the middle. He can play equally well on both wings. Pedro's game also includes intense pressing from the front, and he always tracks back to protect his full back...

3. Pedro has scored around 100 goals for Barca in six years while playing from the wings...

When you add all the above together, what you have in Pedro is a very versatile player who contributes a lot in all aspects of attacking play game without being flashy or selfish. Moses will do well to learn from Pedro... The problem I have with Mourinho is that he does take raw talents like Moses to mold them into great players. Moses has talent, but many areas of his game remain undeveloped because his coaches are not putting in the work necessary
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

oloye wrote:All i know is that Jose house nor dey head...how does Pedro fit into the Chelsea connundrum? Will Pedro work like jerki(donkey)? Not the Pedro i see in Barca. The truth is coming to EPL,you cannot try to compare Moses and Pedro... Soldado was tearing it in La Liga,he became a bum in the EPL. If Pedro was heading to Arsenal or Man city i would give him a higher chance of success than Chelsea where they hardly keep the ball beyond 4-5 passes before they start chasing after the ball again. Thw truth is ,an average player in Chelsea spends more time defending than playing.
Pedro actually works harder than people realize. All that hard pressing on which Barca's game is based requires a lot of hard work. He was not the most talented player at Barca, but he worked as hard as anyone of them.

As for Soldado, he is actually the exception to the rule. Most of the biggest stars in the EPL are from La Liga (Yaya Toure, Sergio Arguero, Cesc Fabregas, David Silva, Juan Mata, Diego Costa, Zabaleta, Alexis Sanches, Ozil, etc). Every player is different, but players from La Liga have done very well in the EPL
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Playing as goalkeeper for Barca is a lot harder than people realize. Why? Because of the attacking philosophy and the high defensive line. At Barca, a goalkeeper does not have the luxury of defenders sitting deep and through themselves into tackles. The full backs are more or less stationed on the halfway line and the central defenders midway to the center circle.

Look at Petr Cech - he is having to learn how to play without the protection offered by Chelsea's deep defensive line.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

YUJAM wrote:where are you pulling this from? pedro does NOT have better stats than drogba
Can we list their career stats?Pedro has World cup medal,Euro,3 CL medal about 4 la liga.
Drogba has no ANC
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Vincent. wrote:
Playing as goalkeeper for Barca is a lot harder than people realize. Why? Because of the attacking philosophy and the high defensive line. At Barca, a goalkeeper does not have the luxury of defenders sitting deep and through themselves into tackles. The full backs are more or less stationed on the halfway line and the central defenders midway to the center circle.

Look at Petr Cech - he is having to learn how to play without the protection offered by Chelsea's deep defensive line.
Vincent can you honestly name Victor Valdes as a top 5 keeper in the game?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Vincent. wrote:
kajifu wrote:So this clown of a coach after buying two wingers that are not better than Moses and now he go for another winger who is not better than Moses.smh
Also please dont come here with oooh he play for Barca or Spain because even Bajan play for Barca and Valdes.
Thanks
1. Pedro has vastly more experienced at the top, top level of the game: he has played and won World Cup finals, European Cup finals, Champions League finals, other cup finals, and league titles, He is unlikely to be intimidated by any match Chelsea will play. This cannot be said for our Moses.

2. Pedro's wing play is different from Moses' wing play. Moses is of the dribbling type while Pedro is more direct but his diagonal runs into the box, his composure in front of goal, and his tactical intelligence are superior. He can also play through the middle. He can play equally well on both wings. Pedro's game also includes intense pressing from the front, and he always tracks back to protect his full back...

3. Pedro has scored around 100 goals for Barca in six years while playing from the wings...

When you add all the above together, what you have in Pedro is a very versatile player who contributes a lot in all aspects of attacking play game without being flashy or selfish. Moses will do well to learn from Pedro... The problem I have with Mourinho is that he does take raw talents like Moses to mold them into great players. Moses has talent, but many areas of his game remain undeveloped because his coaches are not putting in the work necessary
Soon you will notice when Pedro become a waste pipe in EPL.This is not la liga where players all put eyes on Messi and Pedro and come and score here and there.Pedro has no experience in EPL like Moses.
So to you Moses if he was white and Spanish will not win those stuff playing with this Barca and Spanish team?
Pepe Reina has world cup medal with no playing time.So stop fooling your self about this Pedro a better player.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

wow just wow comparing Moses to Pedro
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

joplass wrote:wow just wow comparing Moses to Pedro

Goals and assists only
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

kajifu wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
Thanks

Soon you will notice when Pedro become a waste pipe in EPL.This is not la liga where players all put eyes on Messi and Pedro and come and score here and there.Pedro has no experience in EPL like Moses.
So to you Moses if he was white and Spanish will not win those stuff playing with this Barca and Spanish team?
Pepe Reina has world cup medal with no playing time.So stop fooling your self about this Pedro a better player.
There is no comparison between Pedro and Reina. Reina was Spain's third choice keeper behind Casillas and Valdes. Pedro was a starter in the finals of the World Cup and the European championships when they won those tournaments (and Messi was not there). He was a starter for Barca in the 2011 Champions League final and practically all league and cup matches until Neymar arrived... So, Pedro fully earned all his medals with Spain and Barca.

There is not guarantee that any player will succeed in a given setting, but Pedro earned his medals.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

First you compared Moses to Sterling and Sturridge then Salah who in 1/2 a season matched Moses' best goals tally now Pedro who at least shown some sign of being able to compete at the highest level.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Thanks
...at the end of the day oyinbo na oyinbo. You wan win over oyinbo you better show 1000%. Go ask the fewAfricans adored in Europe.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Thanks
Are you on crack?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

oloye wrote:All i know is that Jose house nor dey head...how does Pedro fit into the Chelsea connundrum? Will Pedro work like jerki(donkey)? Not the Pedro i see in Barca. The truth is coming to EPL,you cannot try to compare Moses and Pedro... Soldado was tearing it in La Liga,he became a bum in the EPL. If Pedro was heading to Arsenal or Man city i would give him a higher chance of success than Chelsea where they hardly keep the ball beyond 4-5 passes before they start chasing after the ball again. Thw truth is ,an average player in Chelsea spends more time defending than playing.
Sir, I did not see any emoticon so I am compelled to ask..was the highlighted written in jest??
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

:)
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

obaGol wrote:
kalamashaka wrote:
kajifu wrote:After looking at the two players,Moses is way ahead of Pedro ,only think Pedro might be ahead of Moses might be speed but that is even debate.
^^this guy

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I feel you bro
I feel you as well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

Moses was loaned to Liverpool, and then Loaned to Stoke. I think it's safe to say Chelsea Fc do not believe in Victor Moses.