MANCHESTER CITY 2015-2016 Season Thread

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MANCHESTER CITY 2015-2016 Season Thread

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:
ohsee wrote:Are there no Citizens on CE besides spastic?

Nna, this thing surprise me o! So City's defeat of Everton without conceding is not news for CEs? The fact that City has scored 8 golas in 3 games without conceding none no sweet anybody? The fact that City set a record of 9 games without defeat (from last season), breaking a record set in 1912, no sweet anybody? No game thread for this game, why? The fact that Mangala continues to impress playing alongside the ever impressive Kompany is not news to anyone here, despite people here following useless English commentators and claiming he is rubbish?

Guys, please come a gist me: Is there something I don't know that I should know about City? Do they eat babies? Are all their players ritualists? Is it a secret Nazi-owned club? Abeg, make una help me understand.

Everywhere you will see threads for Manure, Arsenal, and Chelsea even when they are playing shitt. But City does not exist for CE denizens. Why?
Good morning chief, whats your verdict thus far ? :bump: :taunt:
E dey do uncle like film trick.Mangala look worst than Debuchy of Arsenal this s eason.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

This season City has lost to Juventus (x2), Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool, Arsenal and drew with Utd.
So far they have only beaten a woeful Chelsea out of the big EPL teams.

What's missing
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

City about to implode - i hope they do

Yaya cannot be bothered
KDB, Kompany and Mangala injured
Aguero and Hart are their only hope

Spanked at home by Leicester
I hope Spurs beat them next weekend

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

benteke wrote:This season City has lost to Juventus (x2), Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool, Arsenal and drew with Utd.
So far they have only beaten a woeful Chelsea out of the big EPL teams.

What's missing
A sound coach who does not play by rote.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

benteke wrote:

Nna, this thing surprise me o! So City's defeat of Everton without conceding is not news for CEs? The fact that City has scored 8 golas in 3 games without conceding none no sweet anybody? The fact that City set a record of 9 games without defeat (from last season), breaking a record set in 1912, no sweet anybody? No game thread for this game, why? The fact that Mangala continues to impress playing alongside the ever impressive Kompany is not news to anyone here, despite people here following useless English commentators and claiming he is rubbish?

Guys, please come a gist me: Is there something I don't know that I should know about City? Do they eat babies? Are all their players ritualists? Is it a secret Nazi-owned club? Abeg, make una help me understand.

Everywhere you will see threads for Manure, Arsenal, and Chelsea even when they are playing shitt. But City does not exist for CE denizens. Why?
City still in the running, only 6 points off the lead. They have won the league twice coming from behind in the last two games or so.

My verdict is that it is good they will lose Pellegrini; the flaw is not this player or that, it is the coach.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

tfco wrote:City about to implode - i hope they do

Yaya cannot be bothered

thanks for sharing
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote:
tfco wrote:City about to implode - i hope they do

Yaya cannot be bothered

thanks for sharing
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The bredaman is The Fooking Chief of the Obvious. :lol: :lol: :lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

it's 'obvious' that City will implode? hmmm, i see

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Clay was probably referring to this thought provoking analysis.
Yaya cannot be bothered

what is your definition of imploding? not winning the title? finishing outside the top four?
Saints baby we did it
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Pellegrini made a bad move by announcing his departure with 5 months of the season still remaining. That immediately diluted his authority over the squad. Remember when Fergie announced he was going to retire around 2001-2002 and Man U's form dipped? Why would a player run through brick walls for a manager that is about to leave anyway? Fergie learned his lesson and next time, informed his players of his plans to retire only a few days in advance (even though he knew he'd be leaving for several months prior).
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

ohsee wrote:
benteke wrote:

City still in the running, only 6 points off the lead. They have won the league twice coming from behind in the last two games or so.

My verdict is that it is good they will lose Pellegrini; the flaw is not this player or that, it is the coach.
That first part is important, the other teams are most likely to mess up their lead and City is the best equipped in terms of squad quality to capitalize on any f.uck ups by others.
Unless Arsenal goes on one of their typical winning runs they normally embark on when chasing 4th place, this time going for broke :atc:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Pellegrini made a bad move by announcing his departure with 5 months of the season still remaining. That immediately diluted his authority over the squad. Remember when Fergie announced he was going to retire around 2001-2002 and Man U's form dipped? Why would a player run through brick walls for a manager that is about to leave anyway? Fergie learned his lesson and next time, informed his players of his plans to retire only a few days in advance (even though he knew he'd be leaving for several months prior).
Yaya already looks like he's downed tools.
Could Pellegrino further sabotage their remaining season
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

That was the most lethargic Man City "performance" I have seen in ages. Vardy and Mahrez are good players, but Man City made them look like the second coming of Van Basten and Messi. They really got the runaround from Leicester.

The players will deny it, but what coercion can a coach who is about to leave exert over millionaire footballers? Man City handled this badly.
benteke wrote: Yaya already looks like he's downed tools.
Could Pellegrino further sabotage their remaining season
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Announcing you are replacing a title chasing coach in the middle of the season is an offence comparable to throwing a match.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Agreed. They just undermined his authority over the team (note I said the team not "his" team, which it no longer is).
oloye wrote:Announcing you are replacing a title chasing coach in the middle of the season is an offence comparable to throwing a match.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

King Futcha wrote:Clay was probably referring to this thought provoking analysis.
Yaya cannot be bothered

what is your definition of imploding? not winning the title? finishing outside the top four?
either one would be it

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

tfco wrote:it's 'obvious' that City will implode? hmmm, i see
It is obvious that a wannabe grammar and spell checker would name hisself That Fookin Captain Obvious. :lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote:Agreed. They just undermined his authority over the team (note I said the team not "his" team, which it no longer is).
oloye wrote:Announcing you are replacing a title chasing coach in the middle of the season is an offence comparable to throwing a match.
initially i thought it was the best news for the fans AND players.

i checked blue moon and those guys were happy, but after this weekend's performance they are having 2nd thoughts about the timing of the announcement

i hope they finish 5th

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

tfco wrote:
King Futcha wrote:Clay was probably referring to this thought provoking analysis.
Yaya cannot be bothered

either one would be it
they are not the favorites to win the league so how could they implode if they don't win the league?
Saints baby we did it
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

wiseone wrote:Pellegrini made a bad move by announcing his departure with 5 months of the season still remaining. That immediately diluted his authority over the squad. Remember when Fergie announced he was going to retire around 2001-2002 and Man U's form dipped? Why would a player run through brick walls for a manager that is about to leave anyway? Fergie learned his lesson and next time, informed his players of his plans to retire only a few days in advance (even though he knew he'd be leaving for several months prior).
I though City announced the hiring of Pep. So how is that his fault?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

King Futcha wrote:
tfco wrote:
Yaya cannot be bothered

either one would be it
they are not the favorites to win the league so how could they implode if they don't win the league?
They were at the beginning of the season

I am sure they were at Christmas

Maybe now they are not...implosion in progress

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

tfco wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
tfco wrote:
Yaya cannot be bothered

either one would be it
They were at the beginning of the season

I am sure they were at Christmas

Maybe now they are not...implosion in progress
earlier today you said they were about to implode now you're saying implosion is in progress, ok.
Saints baby we did it
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

City against Spurs is one tricky game.
Can spurs do the double on City?
Can city get a win?
I think a draw is best we can ask for.