Wolverhampton Wanderers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet
Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post by skillful »

Today's scorers Bright Enobakhare, Sheyi Ojo vs barnet
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers

Post by niyi »

Many Nigerian names from yesterday's goals. Especially happy for James Alabi who's just signed for Ipswich. He has been everywhere but I hope he is able to tie down a place and play well this year.
Another name to watch out for is Enobakhare (17) for Wolves who played his first competitive game yesterday. Reviews from the game confirm what I saw in him during the preseason. He looks like a top of the table premiership talent in the making.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

niyi wrote:Many Nigerian names from yesterday's goals. Especially happy for James Alabi who's just signed for Ipswich. He has been everywhere but I hope he is able to tie down a place and play well this year.
Another name to watch out for is Enobakhare (17) for Wolves who played his first competitive game yesterday. Reviews from the game confirm what I saw in him during the preseason. He looks like a top of the table premiership talent in the making.
Has already chosen Naija over England :clap: :clap: :clap:
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Sunset wrote:
niyi wrote:Many Nigerian names from yesterday's goals. Especially happy for James Alabi who's just signed for Ipswich. He has been everywhere but I hope he is able to tie down a place and play well this year.
He got a yellow card and got taken off at half time so the Wolves fans think Kenny Jackett has plans to play him this weekend. This guy is going to be an absolute beast. He is able to play anywhere in the attacking third. Has a striker's goal instincts, a winger's pace and a CAM's distribution.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Sunset wrote:
was he ever in England's plans :laugh:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
patrick
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by patrick »

niyi wrote:
Sunset wrote:
He got a yellow card and got taken off at half time so the Wolves fans think Kenny Jackett has plans to play him this weekend. This guy is going to be an absolute beast. He is able to play anywhere in the attacking third. Has a striker's goal instincts, a winger's pace and a CAM's distribution.
Say a big thank you to Douglas Idahosa for giving us another talent :clap:
When people try to use you to gain relevance, just ignore them. It pains them even more
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Wolves have played Boro, Hull and Derby - three favourites for promotion - and they've won all three games. Slutsky thinks they're the best in the Championship.

Enobakhare has started all three games so far and played well... surprisingly so considering the fact that he's 18 and Wolves brought in a lot of top players this summer.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

niyi wrote:Wolves have played Boro, Hull and Derby - three favourites for promotion - and they've won all three games. Slutsky thinks they're the best in the Championship.

Enobakhare has started all three games so far and played well... surprisingly so considering the fact that he's 18 and Wolves brought in a lot of top players this summer.

Watch out for Fulham and promotion on the back of two Nigerian winngers. Aluko on one side and Sheyi Ojo (on loan from Liverpool on the other)
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

They've spent handsomely and have a Championship Ronaldo running roughshod over opposing fullbacks. Team to beat.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Coach wrote:They've spent handsomely and have a Championship Ronaldo running roughshod over opposing fullbacks. Team to beat.
Who's that? AFAIK Costa hasn't played this season
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

I WOULD TAKE NIGERIAN PLAYERS WHEREVER THEY ARE, BUT...

...I hope the powers that be in Nigeria are not outsourcing finding and developing its players to foreign countries.
Bell
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Bell wrote:I WOULD TAKE NIGERIAN PLAYERS WHEREVER THEY ARE, BUT...

...I hope the powers that be in Nigeria are not outsourcing finding and developing its players to foreign countries.
Bell
Great opinion. But I'm not sure how this is relevant to this thread. Enobakhare was born and raised in Nigeria... played in the same academy as Success and Elderson.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!