LC: Spurs 1-2 Arsenal: FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: LC: Spurs vs ARSEnal Preview

Post by anikulapo »

Using your numerical references, Özil did NOT start off his Arsenal career playing the 10. He played wide mostly on the left (11) with occasional switches to the right (7). I even remember once questioning the logic of playing him in front of Monreal who was still struggling defensively at the time because Özil doesn't track back to defend. Ramsey I believe played like a blend of the 8 and 10 role when he excelled. He had the free role as well that Özil now has. Ever since he has had to play elsewhere, more defensively, and sometimes out on the wings, he has struggled. Again nothing you've insulted me with disapproves that theory.
Wait what!? :rotf: :rotf:

No he started in your Anal sphincter you daft ape :lol: Gosh you are stupid nothing more to say :laugh:

Like I've said keep exposing your panties Dummy :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
Using your numerical references, Özil did NOT start off his Arsenal career playing the 10. He played wide mostly on the left (11) with occasional switches to the right (7). I even remember once questioning the logic of playing him in front of Monreal who was still struggling defensively at the time because Özil doesn't track back to defend. Ramsey I believe played like a blend of the 8 and 10 role when he excelled. He had the free role as well that Özil now has. Ever since he has had to play elsewhere, more defensively, and sometimes out on the wings, he has struggled. Again nothing you've insulted me with disapproves that theory.

No he started in your Anal sphincter you daft ape :lol: Gosh you are stupid nothing more to say :laugh:

Insult all you want. It won't change the facts. I specifically remember the Liverpool games where we got caned was it 5-1 or something like that. When like three of the goals came from Monreal's side. Özil played on the left side of the midfield. He was only fully entrenched as the number 10 in his second season...i.e. last season.

I'm glad at least you didn't deny the Wenger part cos I've been reading all your angry pre, mid, and post game rants. I said as much about Wenger and Arsenal years ago and you called me the same names you're calling me again now.

Carry on.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Insult all you want. It won't change the facts. I specifically remember the Liverpool games where we got caned was it 5-1 or something like that. When like three of the goals came from Monreal's side. Özil played on the left side of the midfield. He was only fully entrenched as the number 10 in his second season...i.e. last season.

I'm glad at least you didn't deny the Wenger part cos I've been reading all your angry pre, mid, and post game rants. I said as much about Wenger and Arsenal years ago and you called me the same names you're calling me again now.

Carry on.
You are a laughing stock clown :woot: if you think Ozil hasn't spent the beginning and most of his Arsenal career as the #10 but since you are a know nothing Otimkpu why do I even bother with an ignoramus :mrgreen:

And you are citing the Liverpool game at the turn of the year as your evidence :ohmy: :rotf: :rotf: you are truly an embarrassing dummy ... And as punishment I refuse to educate you ... Dummy :laugh:

As for the WENGER thing wait oh, Erm are we talking about the same big mouth Opaks dullard who argued from thread to thread about Wenger's frugal genius? Oh it's funny how you quickly erased that out of your claims :mrgreen:

Oh I forgot it was Waffi's fault and you were just a gullible muppet :laugh:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

So the fact that I initially supported and defended Wenger years ago means I couldn't possibly have had a rethink years later based on results and their shenanigans? :?

Bottom line is the same criticisms I leveled against Wenger the past few years for which you insulted me and questioned my footy knowledge is exactly what you've been criticizing Wenger for now. Whether or not I sucked Wenger's balls before that is irrelevant.

Same thing with regards to Ramsey. The whole koko of the matter is that I told you the jury was still out on his ability until he had a stretch playing in the same role he played when he excelled three seasons ago. You responded by calling his performance that season a fluke and that he didn't have the quality in him and thus should be gotten rid of. Yet here we are today and you're wasting my time obfuscating things and throwing cheap insults. I don't mind the insults cos I do throw some myself but never in lieu of facts.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

theYemster wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:these spudites cant even spell. Didn't know they had it that bad. Maybe manure fans fit dash dem tfco to help dem out.

Tried to honor the great Wayne Gretzky, but could not figure out the spelling of his name.
Y'all should enjoy the result.

We are all pissed off at Poch. It is clear that the angel* has no respect for the NLD and doesnt know/understand what it means to be Tottenham's manager. How dare he play that kinda stupid dumb lineup... I wouldnt even trust that lineup vs a League one side talkless of against our neighbours Arsenal. I am still pissed off at him playing that lineup. Spurs fans had been looking to the match all week and the dumb #$% Poch plays that wack defense!!

Oh and for you guys to have to rely on two fluke goals to beat that HORRIBLE SIDE!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Berra look to your team B, it isnt that good. That wack midfield created too many chances against your side.
So 4king what? Dude, you lost. End of!
As I said, enjoy the result.
That's all you should've said then. Instead you sounded like Waffib whenever Mourinho smacks Wenger...sans the critique of the coach.
You are not a Spurs fan so you would not understand. There are very few Arsenal fans on CE that I can hold non-emotional logical discussions on matches with.

That said most Spurs' fans were pissed off with the lineup before the game. That is all I will say unless you are prepared to enter in discussions regarding philosophies of Spurs coaches .. Do not mistake me for the fans your clubs have. The relationship between Wenger and Mourinho is different from that between Arsenal and Spurs.
The relationship between Wenger and Mourinho is EXACTLY like that between Arsenal and Spurs. Mutual dislike AND one sided beatdown.
We must have very different definitions of one sided beatdown. But then I have forgotten all reason seems to fly in the face of l'arse fans. We both played wack sides. Enjoy - your wack squad is better than our wack squad.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cristao II wrote: We must have very different definitions of one sided beatdown. But then I have forgotten all reason seems to fly in the face of l'arse fans. We both played wack sides. Enjoy - your wack squad is better than our wack squad.
Yeah apparently we do. Last season was the only time Spurs took more points from Arsenal on a long time, probably even in the history of the EPL. I stand corrected though.

Also, when last did Spurs finish above Arsenal?

Anyways the point is just accept the loss and keep it moving. Like I do with Chelsea defeats. As you can see I didn't bother commenting about the Chelsea-Arsenal game cos I already accepted the inevitable beforehand.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cristao II wrote: We must have very different definitions of one sided beatdown. But then I have forgotten all reason seems to fly in the face of l'arse fans. We both played wack sides. Enjoy - your wack squad is better than our wack squad.
But your line up has 4-5 starters;
Vorm, Trippier, Fazio, Wimmer, Rose; Carroll, Dier; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane. If that is your wack team, does that mean ~50% of your starters are wack?

Asrsenal on the other hand played 2-3 Starters in Mertesacker, Ramsey and Giroud. Of the 3 only Ramsey started most games this season. So what was your excuse again?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cito wrote:
Vorm, Trippier, Fazio, Wimmer, Rose; Carroll, Dier; Chadli, Eriksen, Townsend; Kane. If that is your wack team, does that mean ~50% of your starters are wack?

Asrsenal on the other hand played 2-3 Starters in Mertesacker, Ramsey and Giroud. Of the 3 only Ramsey started most games this season. So what was your excuse again?

is this a serious question? Are you talking about a real club? One that Flamini (of all people) beat like a drum, even after Chambers dashed them a goal?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cito wrote:

is this a serious question? Are you talking about a real club? One that Flamini (of all people) beat like a drum, even after Chambers dashed them a goal?
Just making sure he is not on some alternate reality. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cito wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Cito wrote:

Just making sure he is not on some alternate reality. :D

Dude, one needs ALTERNATE REALITY to be a Spudite. By default!
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:So the fact that I initially supported and defended Wenger years ago means I couldn't possibly have had a rethink years later based on results and their shenanigans? :?

Bottom line is the same criticisms I leveled against Wenger the past few years for which you insulted me and questioned my footy knowledge is exactly what you've been criticizing Wenger for now. Whether or not I sucked Wenger's balls before that is irrelevant.

Same thing with regards to Ramsey. The whole koko of the matter is that I told you the jury was still out on his ability until he had a stretch playing in the same role he played when he excelled three seasons ago. You responded by calling his performance that season a fluke and that he didn't have the quality in him and thus should be gotten rid of. Yet here we are today and you're wasting my time obfuscating things and throwing cheap insults. I don't mind the insults cos I do throw some myself but never in lieu of facts.
Yawnnnnnn Abeg go Siddon and cry me a river ... Ode oshi :mrgreen: see this fake guy ... It's not like we have not had off site discussions about WENGER so why are you trying to pretend ... Abeg Comoti :taunt:

Make we hear word and stop playing the victim ode :mrgreen: unlike most I know how you roll. If you were not making a fool out of yourself your mouth would have been running faster than the Niagara Falls rapids :mrgreen:

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Skylolo wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:AW after the game....
"When we stay with 11 players, we can win matches"
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
balo wrote:Martial can't stop scoring.
Does he have as much potential as Sanogo?
Sanogo cost nothing, Martial, who was known to every English club, will eventually cost more £50m. Therein lies the difference. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

BTW! The player refused to join Chelski despite huge money cos of Mourinho's track record with young players.

All is not lost for us, even if we could not pay that type of money for Martial. Arsenal signed 2 of the the best young players in world football this summer. One of them is the one they say in France will be one of the best ever, many say he will be better than Martial, he turned down Manure and joined us instead.

Jeff Reine-Adelaide has taken up all the headlines but Yassin Fortune is the one they rave on about in France. I have taken time out to watch him, he is a truly special player. I just hope he is focused and makes the grade.

[/video]
So we sign two of the best young player in world football and they could not get few minutes at Arsenal even at Capital one cup?
Yet Manu sign overprice kids and some are saying he look like Henry with about 4 goals already more than our top scorer so far?Does that make sense that Wenger will not release this young world class to outshine yeye Martial?Hopefully we see our best young kids that turn down Chelski and light up EPL like Henry did.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Sanogo cost nothing, Martial, who was known to every English club, will eventually cost more £50m. Therein lies the difference. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

BTW! The player refused to join Chelski despite huge money cos of Mourinho's track record with young players.

All is not lost for us, even if we could not pay that type of money for Martial. Arsenal signed 2 of the the best young players in world football this summer. One of them is the one they say in France will be one of the best ever, many say he will be better than Martial, he turned down Manure and joined us instead.

Jeff Reine-Adelaide has taken up all the headlines but Yassin Fortune is the one they rave on about in France. I have taken time out to watch him, he is a truly special player. I just hope he is focused and makes the grade.

[/video]
Ok...where are Zelalem and Bielik? Are we signing the wrong youngsters? Soup wey sweet, na money kill am...

Are you saying that Martial already costed 50 million when we got Sir no goals? Or we only wanted free players?

And when Man U wins a few trophies with Martial's help, and them sell him to MADrid for 100 million pounds, some people go begin vex. Remember CRon, who was too expensive for a teenager in AW's opinion, despite the player being offered to him?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

[/video]
Ok...where are Zelalem and Bielik? Are we signing the wrong youngsters? Soup wey sweet, na money kill am...

Are you saying that Martial already costed 50 million when we got Sir no goals? Or we only wanted free players?

And when Man U wins a few trophies with Martial's help, and them sell him to MADrid for 100 million pounds, some people go begin vex. Remember CRon, who was too expensive for a teenager in AW's opinion, despite the player being offered to him?
Waiting for him to come spin that just wait
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

[/video]

omo.........free players cost money as well
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

[/video]

Cron was never too expensive. We lost out course of Manure' s Sporting Lisbon connections.

Let's see about Martial in 2 seasons time. Wenger knew all about the player, rumours are he even made an enquiry when he was a Lyon.

Zelalem is out on loan, whilst Bielik has been suffering with injuries. I have high hopes for both still.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gooner1 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

[/video]

omo.........free players cost money as well
Not as much as 38m going to 50m. :taunt: A free transfer is exactly what it is.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

[/video]

Cron was never too expensive. We lost out course of Manure' s Sporting Lisbon connections.

Let's see about Martial in 2 seasons time. Wenger knew all about the player, rumours are he even made an enquiry when he was a Lyon.

Zelalem is out on loan, whilst Bielik has been suffering with injuries. I have high hopes for both still.
haba, Waffi! AW said CRon was too expensive for a teenager! Here is the info from our own Arsenal website:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ng-ronaldo
But the deal fell through because a price could not be agreed with Sporting Lisbon.

“I had Ronald at the training ground,” said Wenger at Friday’s press conference. “I showed him around and I gave him a shirt. It had got his name on the back.

“But in the end it was a question of the amount of transfer fee between the two clubs. Of course, he has proved to be a bargain [at £12.25 million]. But the price that we discussed was in fact much lower, it was divided by three.

“Also Manchester United had a partnership agreement with Lisbon and Carlos Queiroz [the Portuguese coach] knew him well.

“Since then they have signed Anderson and Nani from Portugal because of Queiroz. It’s like I can sign players from France because I know them well.”

Ironically enough, Arsenal first saw Ronaldo playing for Portugal at the Toulon Tournament in Wenger’s home country. He was mighty impressed but in the end opted to sign one of his compatriots.

“We watched him play in Toulon and we had bought Luis Boa Morte from the same tournament,” said Wenger.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... umikW6b.99
AFCON 2019 sweet o

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LC: Spurs 1-2 Arsenal: FT

Post by theYemster »

Waffib and his alternate universe web of lies :D

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

[/video]

haba, Waffi! AW said CRon was too expensive for a teenager! Here is the info from our own Arsenal website:
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ng-ronaldo
But the deal fell through because a price could not be agreed with Sporting Lisbon.

“I had Ronald at the training ground,” said Wenger at Friday’s press conference. “I showed him around and I gave him a shirt. It had got his name on the back.

“But in the end it was a question of the amount of transfer fee between the two clubs. Of course, he has proved to be a bargain [at £12.25 million]. But the price that we discussed was in fact much lower, it was divided by three.

“Also Manchester United had a partnership agreement with Lisbon and Carlos Queiroz [the Portuguese coach] knew him well.

“Since then they have signed Anderson and Nani from Portugal because of Queiroz. It’s like I can sign players from France because I know them well.”

Ironically enough, Arsenal first saw Ronaldo playing for Portugal at the Toulon Tournament in Wenger’s home country. He was mighty impressed but in the end opted to sign one of his compatriots.

“We watched him play in Toulon and we had bought Luis Boa Morte from the same tournament,” said Wenger.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... umikW6b.99
Not just too expensive. Queiroz and their Sporting Lisbon connections also gave Fergie the edge. The bottomline is we got to the player first, had a deal in place with him and his Agent, but were gazumped as the clubs could not agree a price despite allowing Arsenal speak to the player. Arsenal would not have won a bidding war if it came down to that. To prevent a bidding war, Arsenal pulled out.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Where is the person that opened this thread? Where is IAG? Like a thief in the night, you came and went. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Waffiman wrote:Where is the person that opened this thread? Where is IAG? Like a thief in the night, you came and went. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Just like him paying 50 bucks on a bet ! :sneaky:
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero