MANAGER OUT 17/18 - WHO'S FIRST: BILIC, DE BOER, HUGHTON?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WHO GOES 1ST: RODGERS, MACLARENS, PELLEGRINI, J.MO, ADVO

Post by Riche007 »

Cristao II wrote:^That is true. Add that fake coach to the list.
You were once Sherwood boy. Wetin happen?
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WHO GOES 1ST: J.MO, MACLARENS, ADVOCAAT, RODGERS, SHERWO

Post by Riche007 »

Advocaat is gone. Jose is next. MacClueless follows almost immediately.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

A bit torn about Rogers atm.

While its true he's not handled adversity well at all, but still, you have to at least consider the mitigating issues involved in the poor performance of the team.

In the last 12-15 months he's never had the benefit of his full compliment of players.

But I wish he would just shut the #$%$ up!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

txj wrote:A bit torn about Rogers atm.

While its true he's not handled adversity well at all, but still, you have to at least consider the mitigating issues involved in the poor performance of the team.

In the last 12-15 months he's never had the benefit of his full compliment of players.

You folks need to realize that BR over achieved because of Suarez. Dude burnt over $100M. BR is a top 10 manager. Expecting anything better is a pipe dream.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tx, Brendan is the best Liverpool can get in the present climate. Trigger happy in the transfer market perhaps, but a thinking manager without doubt. One can't help but think Rodgers is one soon on the wheel of fortune from another purple patch. The formula is almost there.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

hmm 8pm come and gone
macca still around
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

If I was a football manager, Liverpool is the last place I'd want to go to coach.

Its where careers go to die.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WHO GOES 1ST: RODGERS, MACLARENS, PELLEGRINI, J.MO, ADVO

Post by Cristao II »

Riche007 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:^That is true. Add that fake coach to the list.
You were once Sherwood boy. Wetin happen?
He misyarned before he was in charge and when he left Spurs. I support whoever manages the team.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ADVOCAAT wins the prize.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Oops! Advocaat takes the title. Who's next?
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34437620
Enter Allardyce?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ADVOCAAT OUT, WHO'S NEXT: J.MO, STEVE MAC, RODGERS, SHER

Post by skillful »

liverpool manager has left
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

skillful wrote:liverpool manager has left
Yes, I just heard that as well
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Rodgers out at Liverpool.
Last edited by truetalk on Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

Brenda's gone :shock:
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

BR gone!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wow

the events of today will be a welcome distraction to the Mourinho saga, it puts less media pressure on him and he will rally his troops :biggrin:
Last edited by benteke on Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Rodgers gets the silver...wow!
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ADVOCAAT, RODGERS OUT; WHO'S NEXT: J.MO, STEVE MAC, SHER

Post by Cristao II »

That was not predicted! WOW!! I guess Klopp is on his way to the Kop!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ADVOCAAT, RODGERS OUT; WHO'S NEXT: J.MO, STEVE MAC, SHER

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Damn.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

benteke wrote:wow

the events of today will be a welcome distraction to the Mourinho saga, it puts less media pressure on him and he will rally his troops :biggrin:
He has no troops!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

I feel sorry for Rodgers as a person, but I don't think he was the man to take the team forward. Liverpool needs to take urgent action to avoid falling further behind the big boys.

The owners also have to take a big portion of the blame for failing to realize that they had a rare opportunity to make a qualitative jump when they had a world-class player in Suarez. They should have gone all out to buy quality players to build a winning team around Suarez to show him that he had a chance of winning trophies at Liverpool. The fact that he felt that he would be better off at Arsenal was an indictment of the Liverpool owners...
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Vincent. wrote:

I feel sorry for Rodgers as a person, but I don't think he was the man to take the team forward. Liverpool needs to take urgent action to avoid falling further behind the big boys.

The owners also have to take a big portion of the blame for failing to realize that they had a rare opportunity to make a qualitative jump when they had a world-class player in Suarez. They should have gone all out to buy quality players to build a winning team around Suarez to show him that he had a chance of winning trophies at Liverpool. The fact that he felt that he would be better off at Arsenal was an indictment of the Liverpool owners...

Agreed. The transfer policy needs to be reviewed. While there is merit in buying up and coming players, with the intent to build them into top players, it must be balanced by infusion of top players...

But the decision will be validated by the quality of the replacement. Everything atm points to Klopp....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
Vincent. wrote:

Agreed. The transfer policy needs to be reviewed. While there is merit in buying up and coming players, with the intent to build them into top players, it must be balanced by infusion of top players...

But the decision will be validated by the quality of the replacement. Everything atm points to Klopp....
It's Klopp.

Funnily enough, I hear yesterday's events at Stamford Bridge went some way to forcing FSG's hand...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.