MANAGER OUT 17/18 - WHO'S FIRST: BILIC, DE BOER, HUGHTON?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: MANAGER OUT 17/18 - WHO'S FIRST: BILIC, DE BOER, HUGHTON

Post by balo »

Code: Select all

Newcastle
24	-12	23
Brighton
24	-16	23
Stoke
24	-25	23
Southampton
24	-11	22
West Brom
24	-12	20
Swansea
24	-20	20
The only teams that haven't changed coaches on the list are Newcastle and Brighton.

Ouch Houghton!!
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MANAGER OUT 17/18 - WHO'S FIRSTPen: BILIC, DE BOER, HUGH

Post by pajimoh »

Penguini has just been sent to the Antarctica. While Houghton won manager of the month.
Pardew doing the electric slide towards the trap door
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Cristao II wrote:My money is on Hughes or Pellegrino!
3 months too late for Southampton.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Pellegrino was dogsh*t. Of course, Hughes, having taken Stoke to the brink, is frontrunner. Pathetic.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:Pellegrino was dogsh*t. Of course, Hughes, having taken Stoke to the brink, is frontrunner. Pathetic.

What would that make Southampton.

Last season, firmly established by Puel as an upper middle echelon team; cup finalist, etc, and then Soton decide Puel is dull; not exciting at press conferences; football not expansive enough...

Then who do they hire? Manuel Pellegrino, a disciple of Benitez and rigid formations!

I don't know a more stupid club than Southampton! If any team deserves relegation this season, it is Southampton....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

smartbrother wrote:pardew in the running to take over at west brom
white privilege gone mad
horrible coach
one of the worst in EPL history
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:
Coach wrote:Pellegrino was dogsh*t. Of course, Hughes, having taken Stoke to the brink, is frontrunner. Pathetic.

What would that make Southampton.

Last season, firmly established by Puel as an upper middle echelon team; cup finalist, etc, and then Soton decide Puel is dull; not exciting at press conferences; football not expansive enough...

Then who do they hire? Manuel Pellegrino, a disciple of Benitez and rigid formations!

I don't know a more stupid club than Southampton! If any team deserves relegation this season, it is Southampton....
The Southampton fans who forced Puel out deserve all they get.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Well Alan Pardew is out. WBA were silly to fire Pulis. They are surely relegated.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MANAGER OUT 17/18 - WHO'S FIRSTPen: BILIC, DE BOER, HUGH

Post by pajimoh »

pajimoh wrote:Penguini has just been sent to the Antarctica. While Houghton won manager of the month.
Pardew doing the electric slide towards the trap door
Ooopps. He's found the door
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Chirs Houghton deserves a lot of credit for what he's done. He should get better team but e no be Oyinbo
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

A few days ago, I realized that mark hughes was the coach of southampton! I couldnt believe it! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

why do English clubs hate their fans so much? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:A few days ago, I realized that mark hughes was the coach of southampton! I couldnt believe it! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

why do English clubs hate their fans so much? :lol:

On the contrary, Southampton so loved their fans they listened to them and fired Puel last season!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

YUJAM wrote:Chirs Houghton deserves a lot of credit for what he's done. He should get better team but e no be Oyinbo
Benitez also working wonders at Newcastle
He has transformed Diame into one of the best DMs in the premiership
And has shelvey playing like pirlo
Top notch coach
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

smartbrother wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Chirs Houghton deserves a lot of credit for what he's done. He should get better team but e no be Oyinbo
Top notch coach
35 points from 31 games! Yes, wonders! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

danfo driver wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Top notch coach
35 points from 31 games! Yes, wonders! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Newcastle’s chairman has been trying to sell the club
so did not invest in it this season
Which means Benitez is operating with the same side that played championship football last season
Plus a few loan signings and bargain basement purchases such as atsu and stoke reject Joselu
12th in the league including victories over mourinhos £500million ManU side...
All done with a championship side...
That is working wonders in my book
I wouldn’t be surprised to see them finish in the top ten based on current form
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

smartbrother wrote: so did not invest in it this season

This is a lie
Which means Benitez is operating with the same side that played championship football last season
This is a lie
Plus a few loan signings and bargain basement purchases such as atsu and stoke reject Joselu
Would you like to add

Florian Lejeune
Jacob Murphy
Javier Manquillo
Mikel Merino
Kenedy
Islam Slimani
Martin Dúbravka
This is true, although I didnt calculate how much Man United players actually cost.

That is a lie
yea, it is
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:

This is a lie
This is a lie
Would you like to add

Florian Lejeune
Jacob Murphy
Javier Manquillo
Mikel Merino
Kenedy
Islam Slimani
Martin Dúbravka
This is true, although I didnt calculate how much Man United players actually cost.

That is a lie
yea, it is
OGA DANFO YOU BE LAWYER FOR REAL LIFE?SEE HOW YOU SLAP PERSON PIKIN WITH FACTS NOT FEELING :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

danfo driver wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Plus a few loan signings and bargain basement purchases such as atsu and stoke reject Joselu/quote]
This is a lie
:rotf: :rotf: this is too easy
ok lets take a look at the signings you mentioned

Florian Lejeune - Yup. He is now Newcastle's first choice centre back. Cost £9million
Jacob Murphy - does not play. 4th choice winger behind Atsu and Ritchie
Javier Manquillo - reject from Sunderland (rarely plays. reserve fullback behind Yedlin and Dummett)
Mikel Merino - reject from Dortmund (rarely plays. did not even make the bench in their last game)
Kenedy - Chelsea reject. loan signing
Islam Slimani - Leicester reject. loan signing. Has played less than 15 minutes for Newcastle this season
Martin Dúbravka. loan signing

So. lets recap
Besides Lejeune and Murphy, all of Newcastle's signings have been loan signings or bargain basement purchases of rejects
Besides Lejeune, Kennedy and Dubravaka Newcastle's ENTIRE first team is exactly the same team that played in the championship football last season
Now compare these facts with my earlier statement and tell us what was a lie

now I'm aware you're nursing a raging hardon for Rafa Benitez
and any Benitez discussion gets you super excited, I don't know why this is and tbh i couldn't care less.
i'm also aware you are an emotionally unstable guy
and its only a matter of time before this exchange devolves further into insults

So i will not engage you any further on this
but remember this. Its never a good idea to argue from a position of ignorance
Last edited by smartbrother on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

This is a lie
This is a lie
Would you like to add

Florian Lejeune
Jacob Murphy
Javier Manquillo
Mikel Merino
Kenedy
Islam Slimani
Martin Dúbravka

That is a lie
yea, it is
OGA DANFO YOU BE LAWYER FOR REAL LIFE?SEE HOW YOU SLAP PERSON PIKIN WITH FACTS NOT FEELING :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
So you think making pronouncements like "that is a lie" and "that is true" is "slapping people with facts" ? :rotf: :rotf:
my brother, If this is what you consider the skillset of a good lawyer my advise to you is try and avoid the criminal justice system
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

smartbrother wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: this is too easy
This is true
ok lets take a look at the signings you mentioned
Okay.
Florian Lejeune - Yup. He is now Newcastle's first choice centre back. Cost £9million
Yes, I know.
Jacob Murphy - does not play.
He has played 19 games out of 31 games.
Javier Manquillo - reject from Sunderland (rarely plays. reserve fullback behind Yedlin and Dummett)
GAMES STARTED

Yedlin - 25 games
Manquillo - 19 games
Dummett - 12 games

Javier was on loan to Sunderland from Atletico Madrid. At the end of the season, his loan deal expired and he moved back to Atletico Madrid. Newcastle then purchased him from Atletico Madrid.
Mikel Merino - reject from Dortmund (rarely plays. did not even make the bench in their last game)
Mikel has played 22 games out of their 31 games.

In comparison"

Diame: 24 games out of 31 games
Isaac hayden: 24 games out of 31 games
Jonjo Shevey - 23 games out of 31 games
Kenedy - Chelsea reject. loan signing
Since he moved to Newcastle, the club has played 7 EPL games. Kennedy has featured in all 7 games.
Islam Slimani - Leicester reject. loan signing. Has played less than 15 minutes for Newcastle this season
Slimani has been injured for the past 3 months. Everyone knows that, including Benitez.
Martin Dúbravka. loan signing
Since he moved to Newcastle, the club has played 6 games. Dubravka has featured in 5 of those games. he missed the first game vs. Crystal palace. He had only joined the club 3 days before that game.

Its never a good idea to argue from a position of ignorance
This is true.

ADDITIONALLY:

You didnt analyze 2 of their 9 signings. I have decided to do so here:

Atsu - 27 games out of 31 games (19 starts)

Joselu - 25 games out of 31 games (19 starts)
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/f ... s-14498440

It’s happened through his organisation, his ability to work on technique and mentality both collectively and individually on the training ground.

I believe that victory over Huddersfield, coupled with defeats for all the bottom three, has virtually confirmed Newcastle’s survival and that’s really something.

Rafa has done it in the main with players he brought in to win the Championship not play in the Premier League yet because Mike Ashley has didn’t back him in the transfer market the manager has had to find other ways to achieve his goal
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

EPL Affirmative action.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16