Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:58 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 87476
Location: Earth
and bench them so they do not come up against you in matches,etc

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
No.
However, what makes top players that?
They don't want to sit on the bench. In any sport, you will struggle to find top player who's content to go sit on a bench no matter the money thrown at him or her.
It won't take long for players to see what your strategy is and ensure they never get signed by your club. You may end up signing players who love money but without that competitive fire, it's highly unlikely they'll be top players.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:42 pm
Posts: 25163
Location: Ikeja
Image

_________________
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 87476
Location: Earth
platinum wrote:
No.
However, what makes top players that?
They don't want to sit on the bench. In any sport, you will struggle to find top player who's content to go sit on a bench no matter the money thrown at him or her.
It won't take long for players to see what your strategy is and ensure they never get signed by your club. You may end up signing players who love money but without that competitive fire, it's highly unlikely they'll be top players.

then why do most people complain that teams like Chelsea and Real are bad for football businesses?

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
Bigpokey24 wrote:
platinum wrote:
No.
However, what makes top players that?
They don't want to sit on the bench. In any sport, you will struggle to find top player who's content to go sit on a bench no matter the money thrown at him or her.
It won't take long for players to see what your strategy is and ensure they never get signed by your club. You may end up signing players who love money but without that competitive fire, it's highly unlikely they'll be top players.

then why do most people complain that teams like Chelsea and Real are bad for football businesses?


For the same reason people complain about the NY Yankees, the LA Lakers, etc etc. Illusions and delusions. It's all part of what makes sports what it is. That's my take on it anyway. There'll be some who truly believe it's bad, I'd like those people to speak for themselves. :laugh:

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 87476
Location: Earth
platinum wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
platinum wrote:
No.
However, what makes top players that?
They don't want to sit on the bench. In any sport, you will struggle to find top player who's content to go sit on a bench no matter the money thrown at him or her.
It won't take long for players to see what your strategy is and ensure they never get signed by your club. You may end up signing players who love money but without that competitive fire, it's highly unlikely they'll be top players.

then why do most people complain that teams like Chelsea and Real are bad for football businesses?


For the same reason people complain about the NY Yankees, the LA Lakers, etc etc. Illusions and delusions. It's all part of what makes sports what it is. That's my take on it anyway. There'll be some who truly believe it's bad, I'd like those people to speak for themselves. :laugh:

I do not see anything wrong with stacking a team with top quality players, to nullify the opponents. United used to do this with Sir Alex , and the rest is history..Real and Barca do this as well.... that is why Barca wins the champs league every 2 or three years lately. Left to me i would buy all the top players

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:43 pm
Posts: 12546
Location: minneapolis, USA
Bigpokey24 wrote:
and bench them so they do not come up against you in matches,etc


No top player worth their onion will sit on the bench for more than 2 years without significant contribution to the course especially if they are actually contributing but somehow end up in the bench when the team list comes up match day in and out.

This is why the likes of Cuadrado went out on loan and Mata asked to be traded or loaned away. Anybody who has played competitive sports be it sunday-sunday league, semi-pro, and pro league etc know one of the hardest thing to do is to sit on the bench watching your team mates play week in and week out. Especially if a player is getting more playing time than you which you consider is inferior to you skillset wise but getting minutes because they have more hustle or gragra

_________________
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 30985
Men with less than average endowments talk vociferously of the pointless measure of mandingo, quoting various tales of dyspareunia and motions in the oceans. Given the chance to add an inch, he'd snatch it like Guy Richie and Vinny Jones. Nonsense.

The loudest mouth sits on the face of the loser. Always an excuse. In a game that celebrates success and little else, the objective is to avoid defeat and thus all should optimise their chance of victory. The only rule in combat is to hit harder than your opponent and bleed less.

#Vangaalstyle


Last edited by Coach on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:43 pm
Posts: 12546
Location: minneapolis, USA
Bigpokey24 wrote:
platinum wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
platinum wrote:
No.
However, what makes top players that?
They don't want to sit on the bench. In any sport, you will struggle to find top player who's content to go sit on a bench no matter the money thrown at him or her.
It won't take long for players to see what your strategy is and ensure they never get signed by your club. You may end up signing players who love money but without that competitive fire, it's highly unlikely they'll be top players.

then why do most people complain that teams like Chelsea and Real are bad for football businesses?


For the same reason people complain about the NY Yankees, the LA Lakers, etc etc. Illusions and delusions. It's all part of what makes sports what it is. That's my take on it anyway. There'll be some who truly believe it's bad, I'd like those people to speak for themselves. :laugh:

I do not see anything wrong with stacking a team with top quality players, to nullify the opponents. United used to do this with Sir Alex , and the rest is history..Real and Barca do this as well.... that is why Barca wins the champs league every 2 or three years lately. Left to me i would buy all the top players


When did Man Utd and Barca stack up top players on the bench? Barcelona have top players starting always with very good quality players who can start in other teams coming in as sub.

_________________
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: geminikoat, Google [Bot], The Observer and 41 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group