SE's PRINCE AGGREY: I want to be better than Finidi.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE's PRINCE AGGREY: I want to be better than Finidi.....

Post by Enugu II »

Aggreh: I Can Be Better Than Finidi George
5 OCT 2015 HEADLINES
http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ag ... um=twitter
By Adeboye Amosu:

Super Eagles winger, Prince Aggreh, believes he has what it takes to become the best winger the country has ever produced, reports completesportsnigeria.com.
The likes of Segun Odegbami, Adokie Amasiemaka, Finidi George, Emmanuel Amuneke and Tijani Babangida, who are former wingers at different times, made headlines in the green and white colours of Nigeria.
Former Ajax winger, Finidi, was at a time referred to as the best right winger in the world.
However, Aggreh, a standout performer for Sunshine Stars in the Glo Premier League this season, insists he can be greater than his predecessors.
“Growing up, I loved watching Finidi George play for the Super Eagles and at club level,” Aggreh told completesportsnigeria.com.
“He was a great winger in his playing days and I learned some tricks from him and other great wingers.
“But the truth is that I want to be better than him.
“I hope to become a regular with the Super Eagles and win more laurels with the team than he did.”
Aggrey who is in Nigeria’s squad for the upcoming friendly games against DR Congo and Cameroon has scored 10 goals for Sunshine Stars in the Glo Premier League this season.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE's PRINCE AGGREY: I want to be better than Finidi.....

Post by Cito »

Nothing wrong in aspiring for greatness. Now work hard and put your mind to it.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The boy should be taken to do the back of a woodshed and flogged then have his mouth rinsed with soap. Better than Finidi? :roll:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

There's nothing wrong with the lad making a wish.
Whether or not that wish becomes a reality is another thing.
YUJAM wrote:The boy should be taken to do the back of a woodshed and flogged then have his mouth rinsed with soap. Better than Finidi? :roll:
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

any yootoob of him?
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

There's nothing wrong with the lad making a wish.
YUJAM wrote:The boy should be taken to do the back of a woodshed and flogged then have his mouth rinsed with soap. Better than Finidi? :roll:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

He better be. That will make up for the midgets stealing Micheal Essien from us. :curse: :curse:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
omoelenia
Egg
Egg

Post by omoelenia »

Hmm. How old is he?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

That's not a wish. It is a shockingly arrogant statement
Otitokoro wrote:There's nothing wrong with the lad making a wish.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

YUJAM wrote:That's not a wish. It is a shockingly arrogant statement
I'm beginning to think you are just being intentionally stupid.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

paj wrote:any yootoob of him?

Falcao says hey!!
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

There we go again with the personal attacks. :idea: If you cannot discuss issues and resort to personal attacks, then you have nothing to offer to the discussion at hand
anointed wrote:
YUJAM wrote:That's not a wish. It is a shockingly arrogant statement
I'm beginning to think you are just being intentionally stupid.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

"I want to be better"

I don't see anything wrong with that.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

[/video]
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

bret- hart wrote:He better be. That will make up for the midgets stealing Micheal Essien from us. :curse: :curse:

Bret, is he originally from Midgetland?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He can be aspire to be like Finidi. But Finidi was no joke. I was lucky to watch him when he played for Ajax in the Dutch league. His runs off the ball, world class speed and pin point crossing were all at another level. So for a starter like him to say he can be better than Finidi is plain arrogant. If he said, he aspires to be as good as Finidi then that would be OK. But better than Finidi? That's arrogant in my view
wale1974 wrote:
"I want to be better"

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

what manner of rubbish is Sunday Oliseh up to ?

I do not see what this "hey You" has to offer SE.

You mean to tell me that this guy is age mates with our U20 boys ?

Even in the clip showing him play for the Flying Eagles, you can see that Awoniyi is clearly a superior player.

So this mediocre player who was not even good enough to make the WC U20 team is promoted to the SE ahead of

Awoniyi
Success
Nacho
Yahaya

And even non U20 boys like

Imoh
Olaitan
Ajagun

Oliseh has a lot of explaining to do, this is downright pathetic and corrupt.

Not impressed one single bit.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Nothing wrong, but how old is he? He needs to be around 25 now to be better than Finidi..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

YUJAM wrote:He can be aspire to be like Finidi. But Finidi was no joke. I was lucky to watch him when he played for Ajax in the Dutch league. His runs off the ball, world class speed and pin point crossing were all at another level. So for a starter like him to say he can be better than Finidi is plain arrogant. If he said, he aspires to be as good as Finidi then that would be OK. But better than Finidi? That's arrogant in my view
wale1974 wrote:
"I want to be better"

If your son says he wants to be richer than Bill Gates, will you slap him and tell him to aim at Aliko Dangote?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Undertaker wrote:
bret- hart wrote:He better be. That will make up for the midgets stealing Micheal Essien from us. :curse: :curse:

Bret, is he originally from Midgetland?
Aggrey na Ghana name :twisted:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

There is a difference between that and saying that he will be better

Aggrey is delusional IMO. He says Finidi taught him a lot
Just by watching the guy on TV. :lol:

It is good to be humble and take it one step at a time. Someone needs to sit the boy down and explain the hard work and humility it takes to get to be half of what the great Finidi George was as a footballer
platinum wrote:
YUJAM wrote:He can be aspire to be like Finidi. But Finidi was no joke. I was lucky to watch him when he played for Ajax in the Dutch league. His runs off the ball, world class speed and pin point crossing were all at another level. So for a starter like him to say he can be better than Finidi is plain arrogant. If he said, he aspires to be as good as Finidi then that would be OK. But better than Finidi? That's arrogant in my view
wale1974 wrote:
"I want to be better"

If your son says he wants to be richer than Bill Gates, will you slap him and tell him to aim at Aliko Dangote?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

YUJAM wrote:There is a difference between that and saying that he will be better

Aggrey is delusional IMO. He says Finidi taught him a lot
Just by watching the guy on TV. :lol:

It is good to be humble and take it one step at a time. Someone needs to sit the boy down and explain the hard work and humility it takes to get to be half of what the great Finidi George was as a footballer
platinum wrote:
wale1974 wrote:
"I want to be better"

I see your point and if he isn't putting in the work then it's a pipe dream but if he's working hard and watching all the Finidi vids he can get then he has a valid wish. I'd rather have guys who want to be better than Finidi than have guys who want to be like some scrub player. Finidi was exceptional, I'm glad we have someone looking to be better than him.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

wale1974 wrote:
"I want to be better"

Bros your post reeks of self esteem issues. If he says he wants to be better than Ronaldo, I wont begrudge him that. It is a goal and nothing wrong with that.
But if he says he is better than FINIDI, then he is arrogant and delusional.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."