Oliseh Dropped for being disrespectful

nanijoe
Oliseh Dropped for being disrespectful

Post by nanijoe »

What goes around????

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldcup20 ... 019407.stm

Former Nigeria skipper Sunday Oliseh has accused current captain Austin "Jay-Jay" Okocha of betraying the players that were not included in the World Cup squad.

Okocha feels the heat
Oliseh told BBC Sport Online that Okocha was indifferent to the fate of players who were dropped for speaking out against the alleged bad practices of Nigeria's sports officials.

Sunday Oliseh
Oliseh says Nigeria's sports officials are corrupt

"In every group, there are players who betray the team," said Oliseh.

"When a team has decided to do something and some people decide to do something else, what can one say about that?

Oliseh silent on snub
"If someone decides to be captain knowing that half of the players that enabled the country qualify are not there, I can only say congratulations to such a person," an angry Oliseh said.

Oliseh insisted that he had no apologies for his conduct as captain of the Nigerian team during the African Nations Cup.

He was accused of being disrespectful to Nigerian sporting officials.

Dirty politics

The ex-captain criticised the exclusion of Victor Agali and Yakubu Aiyegbeni from the World Cup squad.

Onigbinde plays down Argentina
Agali and Aiyegbeni were Nigeria's leading scorers in the World Cup qualifiers.

Nigerian coach Adegboye Onigbinde
Oliseh has been critical of Onigbinde's squad

"Why would I want to return as captain to a team where Agali and Aiyegbeni had been dropped?

"These were the leading goalscorers during the qualifying series. What kind of dirty politics is this?

"I have served Nigeria, so maybe it is time for other people to play their part," Oliseh said.

Nigeria play their opening World Cup game against Argentina on Sunday.
Ahidjo
Re: Oliseh Dropped for being disrespectful

Post by Ahidjo »

nanijoe wrote:What goes around????

Former Nigeria skipper Sunday Oliseh has accused current captain Austin "Jay-Jay" Okocha of betraying the players that were not included in the World Cup squad.

Okocha feels the heat
Oliseh told BBC Sport Online that Okocha was indifferent to the fate of players who were dropped for speaking out against the alleged bad practices of Nigeria's sports officials.

Sunday Oliseh

"When a team has decided to do something and some people decide to do something else, what can one say about that?

Oliseh silent on snub
"If someone decides to be captain knowing that half of the players that enabled the country qualify are not there, I can only say congratulations to such a person," an angry Oliseh said.

Oliseh insisted that he had no apologies for his conduct as captain of the Nigerian team during the African Nations Cup.

Dirty politics

The ex-captain criticised the exclusion of Victor Agali and Yakubu Aiyegbeni from the World Cup squad.

"Why would I want to return as captain to a team where Agali and Aiyegbeni had been dropped?

"These were the leading goalscorers during the qualifying series. What kind of dirty politics is this?

"I have served Nigeria, so maybe it is time for other people to play their part," Oliseh said.

Was Oliseh not doing the right thing here (2002) or should people stop doing or saying the right things because of the fear of "what goes around" .As Nigerians, we always want to ascribe imaginary or non existent causation to every thing.

Ahidjo wrote:Was Oliseh not doing the right thing here (2002) or should people stop doing or saying the right things because of the fear of "what goes around". As Nigerians, we always want to ascribe imaginary or non existent causation to every thing.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I like that statement. I must remember it. :D

I did not want to dig into Oliseh's past antecedents....but hey it is out anyway. Which makes me wonder how does our past mistakes ,experiences shape and equip us to deal with the future? I would have thought if there is anyone who more than anything would understand how to deal with a troublesome or firebrand player....it would be Sunny.

walesvilla

Post by walesvilla »

And after he was dropped- what success did the team have in 2002 2004 2006 2008 etc.- I know they say what goes around comes around but must he then allow such behaviour or events to continue?? I taught the deal is you learn from past mistakes!!!!
FATHER TIKO

Post by FATHER TIKO »

walesvilla wrote:And after he was dropped- what success did the team have in 2002 2004 2006 2008 etc.- I know they say what goes around comes around but must he then allow such behaviour or events to continue?? I taught the deal is you learn from past mistakes!!!!
You dey mind dem?

Some of us are yet to be convinced of the "crime" of Enyeama to warrant all the brouhaha.

Oliseh was a "hot-headed" player and seems to be struggling now as a manager to deal with a hot-headed player. I see no credit in that.
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly

FATHER TIKO wrote:
walesvilla wrote:And after he was dropped- what success did the team have in 2002 2004 2006 2008 etc.- I know they say what goes around comes around but must he then allow such behaviour or events to continue?? I taught the deal is you learn from past mistakes!!!!
You dey mind dem?

Some of us are yet to be convinced of the "crime" of Enyeama to warrant all the brouhaha.

Oliseh was a "hot-headed" player and seems to be struggling now as a manager to deal with a hot-headed player. I see no credit in that.
What is all these about - anyway? What is the reasoning for this?

Often times you read on this site and in general "he's a fine one to talk". Simply because you're probably guilty or just as bad.

This saying is in line with "to be a good leader you must be a good servant". Oliseh's attitude in service has been questioned many times. I supported him as a player because of the way the players were being treated.
I support him still as a manager. But he's not dealing with me. He's dealing with those who know the full story, his character, his strength and weaknesses and sometimes they might say to him with their actions "you're a fine one to talk"
bouncino

Post by bouncino »

Keshi, Oliseh and Siasia were hotheads and rebels in their days. They know, through participation, the antics of superstar players and are best equipped at cutting those players to size. Siasia did the same to Mikel and co.
Point is, only their success or failure on the field of play will determine their future not the other way round.
We also had the Chukwus and Udemezue who superstar players ruined.
Siddon look.

bouncino wrote:Keshi, Oliseh and Siasia were hotheads and rebels in their days. They know, through participation, the antics of superstar players and are best equipped at cutting those players to size. Siasia did the same to Mikel and co.
Point is, only their success or failure on the field of play will determine their future not the other way round.
We also had the Chukwus and Udemezue who superstar players ruined.
Siddon look.
I vividly remember trying to lecture some natives here who were clamouring for Oliseh and had been criticizing Keshi for being too sunburn that Oliseh was just as stubborn if not more stubborn than Keshi.

Oliseh looks like he's repeating the same crime that he criticized others of committing in the past.

Ahidjo wrote:

Okocha feels the heat

Sunday Oliseh

Oliseh silent on snub

Dirty politics

Was Oliseh not doing the right thing here (2002) or should people stop doing or saying the right things because of the fear of "what goes around" .As Nigerians, we always want to ascribe imaginary or non existent causation to every thing.
But it's an English saying. :taunt:

Oliseh looks like he's repeating the same crime that he criticized others of committing in the past.
Comon G4L! You def know better than this!

The events that led to Oliseh's ouster in 2002 is completely different from this...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
nanijoe

Post by nanijoe »

Abeg , speak for yourself... Nowhere did I ascribe any causation real or imagined to the events
Ahidjo wrote:

bamijosh

Post by bamijosh »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
You dey mind dem?

How is Enyeama a hot-head. I am gravely disappointed if this story is true. Oliseh should be very careful cause he will lose this team quicker than he can think of building one for the future.

Ahidjo wrote:

Okocha feels the heat

Sunday Oliseh

Oliseh silent on snub

Dirty politics

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Bless u
Oliseh sacked...

Let's not forget o, this is the kind of hot head we are dealing with!

http://naijanet.com/news/source/2004/mar/2/1000.html

Posted Tuesday, March 2, 2004
Bochum FC sack Sunday Oliseh after fight with team mate

Bundesliga side VfL Bochum have sacked Nigerian midfielder Sunday Oliseh following an altercation with a team mate at the end of Saturday's 0-0 home draw with Hansa Rostock.

"Sunday Oliseh has been released from his working duties. The cause are the events after the home game against Hansa Rostock," the club said, declining to give further details.

Media reports said Oliseh clashed with Iranian striker Vahid Hashemian in the Bochum changing rooms.

Speaking about the incident, Hashemian told German news agency SID: "Sunday and I discussed the match on the field. He said 'Why do you always have to dribble'? So I said to him that he was not the trainer or his assistant or the captain.

"After the match, Sunday came up to me in the changing room. We spoke for five seconds, then I suddenly had his head in my face. My nose was broken. I was shocked."

Bochum signed Oliseh, 29, on loan from local rivals Borussia Dortmund in January 2003 and had appeared set to make the move permanent.

However, the midfielder, who has previously played for Juventus, Ajax and FC Cologne, will now return to Dortmund at the end of the season, which is when the loan deal expires.

Oliseh was part of the Nigeria squad that won the African Nations Cup in 1994 and the Olympic title in 1996.

But he fell out of favour with the national team leadership after he led a protest over non-payment of air fare refunds during the African Nations Cup in Mali in February 2002 and was not selected for Nigeria's World Cup squad later that year.

© 2004 Reuters
Last edited by maceo4 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
megapro
Re: Oliseh sacked...

Post by megapro »

pls dont do this!
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold

Why is this deserving of a new thread?
And why the deliberately misleading headline?
5, 4, 3.... :idea:

opine

Post by opine »

King Futcha wrote:Image
Now that's funny :D
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?

Abeg no kill the messenger, It's the title of the article ooo

nothing wrong with the title