VINCENT ENYEAMA QUITS SE; SAYS I HAVE FOUGHT THE GOOD FIGHT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
VINCENT ENYEAMA QUITS SE; SAYS I HAVE FOUGHT THE GOOD FIGHT

Post by anointed »

Vincent Enyeama retires from international football. This is not good for Nigeria. Sunday Oliseh who also left the national team unceremoniously in 2002 should have known better how to handle a difficult situation like this.

https://instagram.com/p/8klzn7Tao3/
How do I embed this Instagram stuff like we do Twitter. Someone, pls, do that.
Last edited by anointed on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: VINCENT ENYEAMA [QUITS]: I HAVE FOUGHT THE GOOD FIGHT

Post by cchinukw »

Best way to go out and very mature.

Good luck to him and all. I will miss him.

To be honest these guys do Nigeria a massive service for which we hardly appreciate them.

Imagine being walked out by an immature coach when one is bereaved. That must be hard to take under any circumstance.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
trae_z
Egg
Egg
Re: VINCENT ENYEAMA QUITS SE; SAY I HAVE FOUGHT THE GOOD FIG

Post by trae_z »

Guys please confirm that this is 7pm Belgium time thus 6pm Nigerian time?
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

Good action. Olise and his group will pay for the cries of the motherless.
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

I really pray they are not cocky and feel he is not needed cause of the performance of Carl in one game.
They seem to have a new bride so to hell with the old wife. I pray he feels the big shoes being left behind and also wish him all the best.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Only a moron would think that Carl stacks up to Enyeama.

Ikeme is not fit to clean the rag that washes Enyeama's gloves.

Nigeria has lost a great, because of the stupidity of Oliseh and the NFF.

but Ikeme will do an alright job I feel. He will definitely not be an Enyeama, but he will be just fine.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
trae_z
Egg
Egg

Post by trae_z »

You guys should stop it with the premature ejaculation. He's served us well but no one is indispensable as if he was injured the game would still go on.

Ikeme is looking sharp. Alampasu is the future. Daniel Akpeyi who did well in the 1 all draw away to South Africa should also be re-invited subsequently.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Not surprised. I did not see a way he could go back with all that has been said by both parties, but especially by Oliseh. Besides, Enyeama has been talking about retirement for a while. He wasn't going to be with Nigeria for ever. Kudos to an able servant, i hope that he gets a testimonial when things have settled down.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Thanks, Vinny. You made that phenomenal save @ the WC in 2002 from a Schole's goal-bound shot to announce your arrival. We will never forget your services. We remember your phenomenal game vs Argentina in 2006. We remember your captaining us to win ANC. We remember you hero PK performance at ANC 2004.

Thanks for serving Naija.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Thanks, Vinny. You made that phenomenal save @ the WC in 2002 from a Schole's goal-bound shot to announce your arrival. We will never forget your services. We remember your phenomenal game vs Argentina in 2006. We remember your captaining us to win ANC. We remember you hero PK performance at ANC 2004.

:agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: VINCENT ENYEAMA QUITS SE; SAYS I HAVE FOUGHT THE GOOD FI

Post by Enyi »

Ikeme is injury prone so I suggest that Oliseh start looking for an able backup now.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

green4life wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Thanks, Vinny. You made that phenomenal save @ the WC in 2002 from a Schole's goal-bound shot to announce your arrival. We will never forget your services. We remember your phenomenal game vs Argentina in 2006. We remember your captaining us to win ANC. We remember you hero PK performance at ANC 2004.

:agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Just rewatched the PK vs Tunisia and still had goose bumps.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Many thanks Vincent! My favourite SE player!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

When he arrived, many frowned because good goalkeepers are never short. But he proved us wrong and although he waited and waited to join the big league waiting in the fringes in Israel until finally Lille came calling. He then proceeded to become not only key to Lille but also to the SE. Is he retiring too early? Of course because keepers can retain their peak till age 40 and above. Was all the recent drama necessary? Absolutely not. But still...

Thanks, Vince Enyeama for those 13 years. :clap: :clap: :clap:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Thanks Vinny for your contribution, hopefully you will consider returning after Oliseh is fired.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

My worry is not about the wahala that unfolded in camp.
Wahala is normal in training camps; expect it in an environment populated by testesterone-laden guys.

My worry is about the manner of exit of the most-capped player in 9ja history.

Instead of Enyeama's final exit being celebratory, it has become the final curtain of a disgraceful drama.

Sadder still, a former player (who ought to know better) has emerged as the major protagonist in continuing this latest chapter of maladministration.

Our culture of irreverence of our heroes needs to stop.

Let a coach nurse his ego - show me a coach with zero ego, and I'll show you a loser - but a coach's ego must function for the ultimate success of the team.

I sincerely hope Oliseh has heard the last of the incident that happened a few days ago.
Whether he likes it or not, his tenure as SEagles coach may depend on it.
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Best Super Eagles keeper of all time.
kdk4christ
Egg
Egg

Post by kdk4christ »

One of Nigeria's best goal keepers Vincent Enyeama, who announced his retirement from the National squad this morning, has left the camp. He is pictured left with Oma Akatugba, a football presenter and analyst who said Mikel Obi, Emenike and a few other players pleaded with Enyeama to stay but he refused.
*JESUS LOVES YOU* More Than You Know

"When we die we leave behind us all that we have, and take with us all that we are."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

imehjunior wrote:I really pray they are not cocky and feel he is not needed cause of the performance of Carl in one game.
They seem to have a new bride so to hell with the old wife. I pray he feels the big shoes being left behind and also wish him all the best.
Oliseh has written Chapter One of his own demise with this incident. I don't now the ins and outs and who was wrong or right, but whatever the case, he should have settled the disagreement amicably.
Enyeama is a legend and we do not have legends coming along every day.
Very sad day for Nigeria's football.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

I would have preferred Vincent to retire under more pleasant circumstances so we can officially wish him all the best in retirement via a testimonial or something...I dont think this was handled maturely by the FA and coach, and perhaps he has some fault in this too but its disappointing that our heroes are not allowed to retire with glowing ovation

Regardless wishing him all the best...

I was sitting directly behind the goal in the second half of that Argentina match in 2010 as he was deflecting Messi's countless shots..we all had our hearts in our mouths as Messi was bearing down earlier on but with time, we all knew grew to know we had a rock in the great Vincent Enyeama when Messi was coming in for another attack
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enyi wrote:Ikeme is injury prone so I suggest that Oliseh start looking for an able backup now.
If there was an 'able back up' as you put it, we would have all known about him.

The point is, goalkeepers of the very top quality do not come two a kobo. I personally feel very bitter towards Oliseh right now, even though I do not know who's fault this whole fiasco is. And I am sure I speak for many Nigerians.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

akamoke wrote:I would have preferred Vincent to retire under more pleasant circumstances so we can officially wish him all the best in retirement via a testimonial or something...I dont think this was handled maturely by the FA and coach, and perhaps he has some fault in this too but its disappointing that our heroes are not allowed to retire with glowing ovation

Regardless wishing him all the best...

I was sitting directly behind the goal in the second half of that Argentina match in 2010 as he was deflecting Messi's countless shots..we all had our hearts in our mouths as Messi was bearing down earlier on but with time, we all knew grew to know we had a rock in the great Vincent Enyeama when Messi was coming in for another attack
Exactly.
I am so sad. He is still performing at his very best levels and its just a damn waste of talent, experience and being one of the few world class players we have had in all our history, it is the perfect example of how we fritter away the few valuable assets we have as a nation.
Pathetic.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

This guy is one of the few Nigerian players that I can say I respected even in my most cynical stage. He is one of those that I followed his development from the local league to Israel and then to France. He is a living legend of the Nigerian game. He should not be leaving the scene like this.

We give far more respect to those who haven't achieved one fifth of what this guy has done for Nigeria. I wish you the best of luck in your club career and hope that when Oliseh is sacked, you come back.

I am sure Messi is at this point calling the Argentinian FA to organise a friendly against that team in GWG!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8