Toyin Ibitoye with Sunday Oliseh

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

amoky
Egg
Egg
Toyin Ibitoye with Sunday Oliseh

Post by amoky »

please listen to Sunday oliseh

nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Toyin Ibitoye with Sunday Oliseh

Post by nemi2002 »

Before I watch it..... Oliseh has no excuse and should concentrate on ensuring the plantain boys do not use us to chop bush meat ooooooo......
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

[/video]
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

Damage repairs. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

He says he told Mikel to take charge and Mikel did so and he led the team by example. He says Vincent is assassinating his character and that he had more ball possession. He has an experimental defence and expects Oboabona to play against Cameroun. He has not said anything about the change in captain. He seems to be lying, he wanted to say that he threatened to get Enyeama thrown our, but held back.... He has not mentioned anything that made Enyeama stand up to complain. He says the players came to meet him and told him that Enyeama talks before he thinks...
He says Enyeama kept talking about retiring, that is why he changed captains... He says Vogts kicked out Enyeama because of attitudinal issues. Didnt Vogts say he wanted a taller keeper?
Like I said before I watched it, he should concentrate on getting a result from the next game or else.....
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Like I and Platinum has repeatedly posited in another thread, and I am repeating the same thing here. Enyeama was very RUDE to the coach and after viewing this tape, he should NEVER be allowed back into the team. Enyeama - in addition - is always having problems with them coaches as this is not his first incident with the Super Eagles' team coaches. He is a team destroyer and should go ahead with his retirement. Good luck to him.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

nemi2002 wrote:He says he told Mikel to take charge and Mikel did so and he led the team by example. He says Vincent is assassinating his character and that he had more ball possession. He has an experimental defence and expects Oboabona to play against Cameroun. He has not said anything about the change in captain. He seems to be lying, he wanted to say that he threatened to get Enyeama thrown our, but held back.... He has not mentioned anything that made Enyeama stand up to complain. He says the players came to meet him and told him that Enyeama talks before he thinks...
He says Enyeama kept talking about retiring, that is why he changed captains... He says Vogts kicked out Enyeama because of attitudinal issues. Didnt Vogts say he wanted a taller keeper?
Like I said before I watched it, he should concentrate on getting a result from the next game or else.....
Nemi2002, because of you are biased against Oliseh, you have contradicted yourself in your post. Please see the highlighted.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Oliseh's main gripe appears to be that, Enyeama, who arrived after practice on Tuesday, wanted to address the captaincy matter in front of the team but Oliseh did not want him to have that audience and felt that it should be handled privately behind closed doors. Apparently, everything was ok until that moment. It then becomes a philosophical issue to wit: does a team captain (former or present) have a right to address the team on matters affecting on field performance or is said power subject to the manager's approval? My feeling is a skipper who led men to glory in Africa only 2yrs ago and sitting on 101 caps has earned that right notwithstanding the manager overall authority to regulate speech during meetings. Its an issue of managerial discretion. Oliseh could've handled that situation better.

The subsequent fireworks and instagrams are by-products of that Tuesday dinner event. The other very important matter of note is he asserted on several occasions that the fact that Vince was looking to retire in 1 to 2 years was in conflict with his long term team building thru 2018 and beyond. That's why he picked musa (but didn't explain why he overlooked other senior players). He did have a lot of praise for Mikel, Uwa, and I think Emenike which suggests that even though he's got a young skipper, he'll be relying on the older players to help the transition. I didn't like how he flipped Vince under the bus towards the end but he was trying to show that it was Vince fault and had nothing to do with Vince losing his mom and in fact asserted that Vince milked the grieving situation to score sympathy points. That was unnecessary.

All in all, I feel we all need to calm down and give Oliseh his chance to do the job. Personally, for me, he is bright and has good ideas. I watched the game and could read what they were trying to accomplish. Execution was poor but the blueprint was evident for me. Over time and with the infusion of u23 players, I feel we will see a better product that hopefully will make the country proud again.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Odas wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:He says he told Mikel to take charge and Mikel did so and he led the team by example. He says Vincent is assassinating his character and that he had more ball possession. He has an experimental defence and expects Oboabona to play against Cameroun. He has not said anything about the change in captain. He seems to be lying, he wanted to say that he threatened to get Enyeama thrown our, but held back.... He has not mentioned anything that made Enyeama stand up to complain. He says the players came to meet him and told him that Enyeama talks before he thinks...
Nemi2002, because of you are biased against Oliseh, you have contradicted yourself in your post. Please see the highlighted.
I was typing as I was watching it. You can watch it ya sef and report ya own biased report about Vincent..... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

green4life wrote:Oliseh's main gripe appears to be that, Enyeama, who arrived after practice on Tuesday, wanted to address the captaincy matter in front of the team but Oliseh did not want him to have that audience and felt that it should be handled privately behind closed doors. Apparently, everything was ok until that moment. It then becomes a philosophical issue to wit: does a team captain (former or present) have a right to address the team on matters affecting on field performance or is said power subject to the manager's approval? My feeling is a skipper who led men to glory in Africa only 2yrs ago and sitting on 101 caps has earned that right notwithstanding the manager overall authority to regulate speech during meetings. Its an issue of managerial discretion. Oliseh could've handled that situation better.

The subsequent fireworks and instagrams are by-products of that Tuesday dinner event. The other very important matter of note is he asserted on several occasions that the fact that Vince was looking to retire in 1 to 2 years was in conflict with his long term team building thru 2018 and beyond. That's why he picked musa (but didn't explain why he overlooked other senior players). He did have a lot of praise for Mikel, Uwa, and I think Emenike which suggests that even though he's got a young skipper, he'll be relying on the older players to help the transition. I didn't like how he flipped Vince under the bus towards the end but he was trying to show that it was Vince fault and had nothing to do with Vince losing his mom and in fact asserted that Vince milked the grieving situation to score sympathy points. That was unnecessary.

All in all, I feel we all need to calm down and give Oliseh his chance to do the job. Personally, for me, he is bright and has good ideas. I watched the game and could read what they were trying to accomplish. Execution was poor but the blueprint was evident for me. Over time and with the infusion of u23 players, I feel we will see a better product that hopefully will make the country proud again.
:agree: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

green4life wrote:Oliseh's main gripe appears to be that, Enyeama, who arrived after practice on Tuesday, wanted to address the captaincy matter in front of the team but Oliseh did not want him to have that audience and felt that it should be handled privately behind closed doors. Apparently, everything was ok until that moment. It then becomes a philosophical issue to wit: does a team captain (former or present) have a right to address the team on matters affecting on field performance or is said power subject to the manager's approval? My feeling is a skipper who led men to glory in Africa only 2yrs ago and sitting on 101 caps has earned that right notwithstanding the manager overall authority to regulate speech during meetings. Its an issue of managerial discretion. Oliseh could've handled that situation better.

He needs the results to be in his favour, if he does not take at least 3 points from his 2 games against Egypt, he will be in trouble.....
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

He needs the results to be in his favour, if he does not take at least 3 points from his 2 games against Egypt, he will be in trouble.....
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

From the video doesn't seem like Oliseh knew what Vincent wanted to talk about but immediately shut him down. How does that make any sense at a team dinner? Why can't he say a word? Oliseh is not being honest with himself, if he was angry at the boys for their practice and admits Vince wasnt part of that practice then what are you mad at Vince for? Why won't you even let him say something at a team dinner?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:

From the video doesn't seem like Oliseh knew what Vincent wanted to talk about but immediately shut him down. How does that make any sense at a team dinner? Why can't he say a word? Oliseh is not being honest with himself, if he was angry at the boys for their practice and admits Vince wasnt part of that practice then what are you mad at Vince for? Why won't you even let him say something at a team dinner?
The Coach just reprimanded the team for having a bad practice. I cant entirely fault him for wanting the last words in their head to be his. Perhaps his tone in telling Vincent not to talk could have been better, none of us were there so we cant judge. But i do not blame him at all if he felt his authority was being undermined.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The part about Mikel was tge best part of the interview. ..boywonder top notch
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Good interview. My take remains the same
K wrote:Couldas, Shouldas ...
- Oliseh should have spoken 1-1 with Enyeama about the captainship issue before announcing in front of team;
- Enyeama should have kept his cool and not insist on speaking in front of eveyone. The team-mates would have seen that he was being undermined
- Oliseh should have kept his head and not try to confront Enyeama in front of everyone again. And that 3rd goalkeeper crap is truly childish
- NFA should not have intervened
- Enyeama should have waited for the game/friedlies to be over before calling it quits. Unnecessary gra gra (grandstanding)

As it is now,
- Enyeama should stay gone. Lets thank him for his services. He remains a hero and the NFF should organize a high profile testimonial match that involves Oliseh and all his teammates.
- Oliseh should remain in charge, but he has through this stupidity squandered a huge amount of goodwill. He will now have to live/die solely based on results. A couple of more losses and folks will rightly call for his head.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

No problem. ANC SF or else that will be the END of his LONG TERM plan! For now, he believe he does not need VE to succeed. No one should 'force' VE on him.. He better achieve desired results.

Not good when you have Eguavoen and Amokachi lecturing you on what you need to do to win.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Oliseh is a complete imbecile. To imply that somebody is milking the death of their mom for sympathy is beyond the pale and completely uncalled for. That's all I need to hear. He is very delusional and reminds me of Rodgers that just got dumped by Liverpool. Like I said before, I hope he gets fired in a disgustingly painful way. I also hope nothing ever happens to his mother, if she's still alive because not too many people will have sympathy for him.

What an arrogant immature troll. F---ing imbecile.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
nim
Egg
Egg

Post by nim »

muzines wrote:Oliseh is a complete imbecile. To imply that somebody is milking the death of their mom for sympathy is beyond the pale and completely uncalled for. That's all I need to hear. He is very delusional and reminds me of Rodgers that just got dumped by Liverpool. Like I said before, I hope he gets fired in a disgustingly painful way. I also hope nothing ever happens to his mother, if she's still alive because not too many people will have sympathy for him.

I think sir... that if after watching the whole video, from the beginning to the end and all you could Glean from it is that Oliseh is an imbecile,

Then you sir.. are a twerp.

smh
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He won't last as SE coach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

nim wrote:
muzines wrote:Oliseh is a complete imbecile. To imply that somebody is milking the death of their mom for sympathy is beyond the pale and completely uncalled for. That's all I need to hear. He is very delusional and reminds me of Rodgers that just got dumped by Liverpool. Like I said before, I hope he gets fired in a disgustingly painful way. I also hope nothing ever happens to his mother, if she's still alive because not too many people will have sympathy for him.

I think sir... that if after watching the whole video, from the beginning to the end and all you could Glean from it is that Oliseh is an imbecile,

Then you sir.. are a twerp.

smh
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: don`t give the wanker attention ,blank am , the fool no dey think ..
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

wanaj0 wrote:No problem. ANC SF or else that will be the END of his LONG TERM plan! For now, he believe he does not need VE to succeed. No one should 'force' VE on him.. He better achieve desired results.

Not good when you have Eguavoen and Amokachi lecturing you on what you need to do to win.

Not surprised. Everyone else knows better than the person doing the actual work until it's their time to take charge. Oliseh knows 1 or 2 things about that himself.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
opine
Egg
Egg

Post by opine »

The fact that other players took Enyeama out, and 5 senior players went to Oliseh's room to smooth things over for Enyeama is very telling for anybody that understands naija quarrel dynamics. It really suggests to me that Enyeama was most likely in the wrong in some way. Maybe it was timing, tone, or something else. Like I suspected, SO couldn't have been this irrational crase man that would not care about a grieving son. Always good to hear two sides before bringing out your daggers.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?