OH NO....NIGERIA HAS SCORED AGAINST NIGERIA!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet
OH NO....NIGERIA HAS SCORED AGAINST NIGERIA!

Post by Babafad »

This is the first time I've seen this clip!! Damn Odiye......you yab! :D

[/video]
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
opine
Egg
Egg
Re: OH NO....NIGERIA HAS SCORED AGAINST NIGERIA!

Post by opine »

Is that infamous Odiye own goal I used to hear about as a little child? Nice execution :taunt: :) :D
Last edited by opine on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tbite wrote: Yes we have deadweights in our team like Babatunde, Agbim and Rueben, but they are OUR deadweights! Our wastepipes! We must love them...respect them! If we do not love our junks....who will? Who?
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

How can I ever forget that moment in time. It stood still...forever.

But no...Odiye bears no historic burden. He was absolutely one of our best, and for this one error, he saved us on countless others, before and after.
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Polly wrote:How can I ever forget that moment in time. It stood still...forever.

But no...Odiye bears no historic burden. He was absolutely one of our best, and for this one error, he saved us on countless others, before and after.
My brother.......Odiye wasn't the same player after this 'calamity'.......and just couldn't live it down. He simply faded away and disappeared off to the States.

Till today.......the words of the late Ernest Okonkwo ring in my ear......"Nigeria has scored against Nigeria". As a kid, I remember listening to radio commentary of the match. For some unknown reason, the game wasn't shown live........and when Ernest said "Nigeria has scored"......we all started screaming and jumping......then above the noise being made I heard......."against Nigeria". I shouted that everyone should shut up and listen O. Okonkwo then repeated what he'd said......this time he added teh words "oh no". The silence in the room that day.......would have sliced through iron. :o
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If gazes could kill!!!!

Okala's reaction and the several seconds he won't take his eyes off Odiye said a lot.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

Babafad wrote:
Polly wrote:How can I ever forget that moment in time. It stood still...forever.

My brother.......Odiye wasn't the same player after this 'calamity'.......and just couldn't live it down. He simply faded away and disappeared off to the States.

Till today.......the words of the late Ernest Okonkwo ring in my ear......"Nigeria has scored against Nigeria". As a kid, I remember listening to radio commentary of the match. For some unknown reason, the game wasn't shown live........and when Ernest said "Nigeria has scored"......we all started screaming and jumping......then above the noise being made I heard......."against Nigeria". I shouted that everyone should shut up and listen O. Okonkwo then repeated what he'd said......this time he added teh words "oh no". The silence in the room that day.......would have sliced through iron. :o
and I believe he said during the commentary too that...."Odiye has destroyed the nation"
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Wrong!

Odiye came back and won our 1980 ANC title.

14 years later, he was specially invited by NFA to the SE world cup camp because NFA still thought he was still our best defender.

I wrote a thread called ODIYE IN CAMP (re WC 94) in our old forum. Somebody passed it on to him and he actually came to CE to contribute to the thread!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Babafad wrote:

Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Wrong!

Odiye came back and won our 1980 ANC title.

14 years later, he was specially invited by NFA to the SE world cup camp because NFA still thought he was still our best defender.

I wrote a thread called ODIYE IN CAMP (re WC 94) in our old forum. Somebody passed it on to him and he actually came to CE to contribute to the thread!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Babafad wrote:

ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

I
Last edited by ogiso on Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Babafad wrote:This is the first time I've seen this clip!! Damn Odiye......you yab! :D

[/video]
African teams were never taken seriously those days. Zairean team did the same thing at a world cup. You should see how the man kicked the ball in the wrong direction. I think it was stage fright back then.
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Oh no...He did an "Odiye"
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Babafad wrote:

The game was shown live...................
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

zee wrote:
Babafad wrote:

The game was shown live...................
I watched it live.
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
zoldsasok
Egg
Egg

Post by zoldsasok »

Babafad wrote:This is the first time I've seen this clip!! Damn Odiye......you yab! :D

[/video]

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=262640&hilit=odiye+ ... ew&start=0