Egypt 3 Zambia 0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Egypt 3 Zambia 0

Post by vancity eagle »

In a friendly. This Egypt team is no joke.

I saw them thrash Chad away, and I have to say they are very good.

It will be a major uphill task to qualify for 2015 ANC, with us already behind. We basically have to get 4 points off of Egypt. It will be very tough, even though we seem to be heading in the right direction.

SO made a major mistake not inviting Mikel for that Tanzania match. I hope we do not end up paying for that silly decision.

Anyways I believe SO has learned his lesson and Mikel will always start for SE, even if he does not play one more minute of football for Chelsea this season.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
Re: Egypt 3 Zambia 0

Post by Ugbowo »

They should bring it!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Hmmmmm, these guys are waking up for real.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ugbowo wrote:They should bring it!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

If we cannot beat them at home...
What are we going to the ANC to do?

Good thing we play them first at home...
If we win in PH, we go ahead by 1 point and then hold on for dear life!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

i wish we can play a high tempo team, south korea is a good option because we can get a game from them easy, south american teams? or even mexico again.. the egyptians always kill us with tempo and reaction..
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Going by historical precedent, even if we are on point we will likely get a win and a loss or 2 draws.

This may not end well, and I don't know if second place will be good enough. We have to punish Tanzania at home and Chad away. We have to be ruthless to those teams, and play a smart game vs Egypt.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote:Going by historical precedent, even if we are on point we will likely get a win and a loss or 2 draws.

This may not end well, and I don't know if second place will be good enough. We have to punish Tanzania at home and Chad away. We have to be ruthless to those teams, and play a smart game vs Egypt.

If we cannot beat Egypt then we have no business being in Gabon. BTW this is the same Egypt that Ghana raped with no condom 2 years ago despite being in the same vain of form. If SO gets the boys on the same page, we will beat those mummies home and away.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

vancity eagle wrote:Going by historical precedent, even if we are on point we will likely get a win and a loss or 2 draws.

Shutup, you silly, little Dumbo :mrgreen: .....................no excuses, only Afcon cup :thumbs: :thumbs: will satisfy the great Zee :thumbs: :thumbs: , the great MIC :thumbs: :thumbs: has got me addicted to....................

it :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote:

If we cannot beat Egypt then we have no business being in Gabon. BTW this is the same Egypt that Ghana raped with no condom 2 years ago despite being in the same vain of form. If SO gets the boys on the same page, we will beat those mummies home and away.

We will see. I do not share your optimism. This Egypt team is much different than the team that Ghana raped.

This team is younger and much better. This is only a warning.

I can highly doubt that we will beat them in their own backyard. Today was a great result, but let us not get carried away.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Happy for dem
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nothing but local champions. They have not won anything outside of Africa.

Nigeria 96 Olympics
Nigeria 4 times U17 world champions
Nigeria silver medal at 2008 Olympics
Cameroon 00 Olympics gold
Ghana 09 U20 world champions
Ghana 06 World cup Quarterfinals
Cameroon 90 World cup Quarterfinals
Senegal 02 World cup Quarterfinals

Egypt ??
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bret- hart wrote:

2 years is a VERY long time in life and especially in sports. What they did then is barely relevant.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nothing but local champions. They have not won anything outside of Africa.

Nigeria 96 Olympics
Nigeria 4 times U17 world champions
Nigeria silver medal at 2008 Olympics
Cameroon 00 Olympics gold
Ghana 09 U20 world champions
Ghana 06 World cup Quarterfinals
Cameroon 90 World cup Quarterfinals
Senegal 02 World cup Quarterfinals

Egypt ??
Err...
We are playing them in Africa for an African championship!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Historically speaking, there was a time that as good as they were, Egypt never failed to chop their 4-0 cane at Sportscity. By the time, Oliseh ramps up his camp, that result will not surprise me. Egypt have a morbid fear of Nigeria. Egypt have a morbid fear of Cameroon too. It is only at their home that they give themselves a chance.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Goldleaf wrote:Historically speaking, there was a time that as good as they were, Egypt never failed to chop their 4-0 cane at Sportscity. By the time, Oliseh ramps up his camp, that result will not surprise me. Egypt have a morbid fear of Nigeria. Egypt have a morbid fear of Cameroon too. It is only at their home that they give themselves a chance.
North Africans at home are deadly.

It is a pity we lost Lagos, one of the deadliest stadia in the world in its own right. They now have more of an home field advantage than we do.

If they were coming to Lagos....that would be another thing entirely...but nowadays, home and away, doesn't really have too much emphasis for Nigeria.

Our home record has been terrible, ever since we left Lagos. Calabar was alright....but not the same effect...and when we play in central or Northern Nigeria, we might as well be playing in Mauritania.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Tbite wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Historically speaking, there was a time that as good as they were, Egypt never failed to chop their 4-0 cane at Sportscity. By the time, Oliseh ramps up his camp, that result will not surprise me. Egypt have a morbid fear of Nigeria. Egypt have a morbid fear of Cameroon too. It is only at their home that they give themselves a chance.
North Africans at home are deadly.

It is a pity we lost Lagos, one of the deadliest stadia in the world in its own right. They now have more of an home field advantage than we do.

If they were coming to Lagos....that would be another thing entirely...but nowadays, home and away, doesn't really have too much emphasis for Nigeria.

Our home record has been terrible, ever since we left Lagos. Calabar was alright....but not the same effect...and when we play in central or Northern Nigeria, we might as well be playing in Mauritania.
Really?