Nigeria soccer fans...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Nigeria soccer fans...

Post by Robbynice »

...Na real wa for una...We lose a match they ask for the coaches to be fired or go on and on how we are not suppose to lose to this or that team as if winning is our birth right. What gets me is when we win. They will tell us it is a friendly match and we should not get carried away. Some will even say the opponent is not at full strength. Some will chalk it up to friendly nature of the match. When I say the number problem of Nigeria soccer are the fans, they said "stone him"...others said my head no dey house. Anyway make una carry go. I will keep quiet and continue to enjoy the win against Cameroon my own way after all wetin small pikin like me know...smh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria soccer fans...

Post by deanotito »

All fans are like this. Not unique to Nigeria...and hasn't hampered other teams
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

deanotito wrote:All fans are like this. Not unique to Nigeria...and hasn't hampered other teams
Was about to say.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

I want the coach to be fired because he's incompetent, and has zero experience on how to manage individuals. Has nothing to do with performance. His post on Twitter after the game confirmed that he was and is still an imbecile, and doesn't plan to learn anything.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Robbynice wrote:...Na real wa for una...We lose a match they ask for the coaches to be fired or go on and on how we are not suppose to lose to this or that team as if winning is our birth right. What gets me is when we win. They will tell us it is a friendly match and we should not get carried away. Some will even say the opponent is not at full strength. Some will chalk it up to friendly nature of the match. When I say the number problem of Nigeria soccer are the fans, they said "stone him"...others said my head no dey house. Anyway make una carry go. I will keep quiet and continue to enjoy the win against Cameroon my own way after all wetin small pikin like me know...smh
Robby, we are talking about 'fans'.

Fans!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Robbynice wrote:...Na real wa for una...We lose a match they ask for the coaches to be fired or go on and on how we are not suppose to lose to this or that team as if winning is our birth right. What gets me is when we win. They will tell us it is a friendly match and we should not get carried away. Some will even say the opponent is not at full strength. Some will chalk it up to friendly nature of the match. When I say the number problem of Nigeria soccer are the fans, they said "stone him"...others said my head no dey house. Anyway make una carry go. I will keep quiet and continue to enjoy the win against Cameroon my own way after all wetin small pikin like me know...smh

You forgot one thing...

"Its a damn shame if you ask me." :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

metalalloy wrote:

You forgot one thing...

Ol'boy it is really a shame, a damn shame if you ask me... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Robbynice wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

You forgot one thing...

Ol'boy it is really a shame, a damn shame if you ask me... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It is damn shame --- signed Robby. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Only Wowo's like Ayoakinfe and Vanshitty wanted oliseh sacked. Most other critics were simply appalled about the way he handled the Enyeama incident. All is forgiven. He will be judged by the SE's results. Anything short of an AFCON trophy and a final berth at CHAN will be a regression. The knife is sharpened and waiting.......
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

muzines wrote:I want the coach to be fired because he's incompetent, and has zero experience on how to manage individuals. Has nothing to do with performance. His post on Twitter after the game confirmed that he was and is still an imbecile, and doesn't plan to learn anything.
Oga, abeg make you take-am easy naw!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

If you ask me the real shame here is peeps supporting the coach rather than the team. If they favor the coach, then he can do no wrong and all criticism of him is to be ridiculed. If they don't like him they will not see anything good about the team...

Peeps were banned/sanctioned on this site for insulting Keshi. Today u have multiple forumers freely insulting SO, which they are withing their rights to do IMO, but then the so-called defenders of the flag keep mute...

Coaches and players come and go. The only constant is the SE.

I used to think that all of us here have a common goal, the SE. But its changed these past couple of years; ironically since Siasia...

Its a damn shame if u ask me.... :rotf:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

txj wrote:If you ask me the real shame here is peeps supporting the coach rather than the team. If they favor the coach, then he can do no wrong and all criticism of him is to be ridiculed. If they don't like him they will not see anything good about the team...

Peeps were banned/sanctioned on this site for insulting Keshi. Today u have multiple forumers freely insulting SO, which they are withing their rights to do IMO, but then the so-called defenders of the flag keep mute...

I used to think that all of us here have a common goal, the SE. But its changed these past couple of years; ironically since Siasia...

Blatant lie. Please name names. No long story abeg!
Last edited by Ekorian on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

Ekorian wrote:
txj wrote:If you ask me the real shame here is peeps supporting the coach rather than the team. If they favor the coach, then he can do no wrong and all criticism of him is to be ridiculed. If they don't like him they will not see anything good about the team...

Blatant lie. Please name names. No long story ageg!

We have few post on this thread and the kind of people txj is talking about is right above.... Eg Muzine. He hurls insult at everybody including the Coach at will and not even a warning has been issued.

It's a damn shame - Signed Robbynice
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

muzines wrote:I want the coach to be fired because he's incompetent, and has zero experience on how to manage individuals. Has nothing to do with performance. His post on Twitter after the game confirmed that he was and is still an imbecile, and doesn't plan to learn anything.

Fired based on what record? You need to stop inhaling that N2O in your lab.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Ekorian wrote:

I too will like to have names. Mr. TXJ will be hard pressed to name names of people disciplined for insulting Steven Keshi.

Anyway, Sunny Oliseh has hardly had the kind of vitriol that Keshi faced.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

I too will like to have names. Mr. TXJ will be hard pressed to name names of people disciplined for insulting Steven Keshi.

But that's not the main issue and the above is merely an attempt to side step the substance of my post...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

But that's not the main issue and the above is merely an attempt to side step the substance of my post...
I am really trying to find the substance of your post. :blink: :blink: :blink:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:I am really trying to find the substance of your post. :blink: :blink: :blink:
You can't find it even if it was starring at you in the face calling you Papa!!!

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I still haven't changed my stance. I still want Oliseh sacked. I look at the bigger picture, not short term success in a friendly against a 10 man poor Cameroon side. Oliseh ego will be is undoing. I am all for dicipline, but don't humiliate players. Eventually the players will tune you out. I was a big supporter of Oliseh. I must admit I made a grave mistake.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

ohenhen1 wrote:I still haven't changed my stance. I still want Oliseh sacked. I look at the bigger picture, not short term success in a friendly against a 10 man poor Cameroon side. Oliseh ego will be is undoing. I am all for dicipline, but don't humiliate players. Eventually the players will tune you out. I was a big supporter of Oliseh. I must admit I made a grave mistake.
You don't know what you are talking about.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

YemiBrazil wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I still haven't changed my stance. I still want Oliseh sacked. I look at the bigger picture, not short term success in a friendly against a 10 man poor Cameroon side. Oliseh ego will be is undoing. I am all for dicipline, but don't humiliate players. Eventually the players will tune you out. I was a big supporter of Oliseh. I must admit I made a grave mistake.
You don't know what you are talking about.
I have given my opinion. I don't care if you like it or not.

:P
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:I am really trying to find the substance of your post. :blink: :blink: :blink:
You can't find it even if it was starring at you in the face calling you Papa!!!
Because there is no substance than the gratuitous swipe at the forum staff.

Grateful to Ekorian for calling you out.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Ekorian wrote:

Blatant lie. Please name names. No long story abeg!
Who dem ban ?
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE