Mikel, Balogun and Emenike (Super Eagles) ESPN

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Mikel, Balogun and Emenike (Super Eagles) ESPN

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mikel, Balogun and Emenike impress

In the two games of this tour, John Obi Mikel has proved a class act. He sparkled in the first game, then dominated Stephane Mbia so much the Cameroon captain ended up getting sent off in frustration. When he is good, he is imperious and totally invaluable for Nigeria. His passing, economy of movement, ball shielding and vision is second to none. If only he could shoot.

Elsewhere, Leon Balogun made errors when forced from right-back into central defence against DRC but one game later, the regulars might have to watch their backs. Tackles, clean and timed to perfection, aerial dominance, excellent reading of the game, interceptions, bringing the ball out of defence -- he did it all.

Emmanuel Emenike took flak for his performance but to his credit, he bullied the Cameroon defence with his pace and power, softening them up for Ighalo's arrival late on.
http://www.espnfc.us/blog/football-nige ... h-cameroon
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mikel, Balogun and Emenike (Super Eagles) ESPN

Post by metalalloy »

Emenike did gini? Anyway, we all have our POV sha..
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

metalalloy wrote:Emenike did gini? Anyway, we all have our POV sha..
Emenike played very well, he may not have scored, but he punished those Cameroon defenders, with power and pace.. I will always start Ema in my team, Folks have forgotten bobo made 2 assist at the worldcup for Osaze and Musa
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bologna played well but aerial dominance? That certainly is not accurate. Go watch the replay if you have it. That was one area I expected him to dominate but he just did not when challenged.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Enugu II wrote:Bologna played well but aerial dominance? That certainly is not accurate. Go watch the replay if you have it. That was one area I expected him to dominate but he just did not when challenged.
:woot:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Ekorian wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Bologna played well but aerial dominance? That certainly is not accurate. Go watch the replay if you have it. That was one area I expected him to dominate but he just did not when challenged.

That's what happens when you replace early morning coffee with aromatic schnapps :lol:
Peter Obi For President 2023
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

LOL at Emenike softening up defence for Ighalo.

No Ighalo is just a far better striker. What rubbish.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Has it come to this?So, Emenike, once almost compared to the great Yekini, is now deployed for "softening up" defences? Like it is famously said back home, "Emenike don suffer!"
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Babalawo wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

That's what happens when you replace early morning coffee with aromatic schnapps :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Damunk wrote:
Babalawo wrote:
Ekorian wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The experiences of Babalawo, ehn, na die.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe