Arsene Wenger set to leave Arsenal.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Arsene Wenger set to leave Arsenal.

Post by bamenda boy »

Last edited by bamenda boy on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal Wenger set to leave Arsenal.

Post by Nkume »

I am sure some people are rejoicing.

Wenger is the BEST period!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsene Wenger set to leave Arsenal.

Post by kajifu »

That i doubt he will leave,hope he leave in a good way with either one of the big trophies to set a standard for a new manager.We need someone now to start learn from him and take over.Barca a bigger club start decided to go with Pep and like they say the rest is history.
But reading this Wenger tori get as e be.So he knows we have not won any big thing and he want to bring back big success and some we tell us the emirate is a big success than win CL,and couple of EPL?
Wenger, whose current £8 million a year contract expires at the end of next season said he wanted to leave a legacy at the club for the next manager to carry on with, according to the Mirror.
“I am resolute to commit absolutely until the last day of my contract to bring back big success to this club, and leave the club in a position where it can do even better under a new manager.”

“It is, for me, very important that I leave the club in the shape that the guy who comes after me can do better.”

“The responsibility on my shoulders is much bigger. I know what it means for people. I know how sad people are when we don’t do well, I know how sad people are when we lose a game,” Wenger is quoted as saying.

The shareholders were mostly angered by Arsenal’s performance against Monaco last season and Olympiakos two weeks ago.

In his defence Wenger said though the results in the Champions League are dismal, the club has equally posted some great performances on the same stage.

“I agree with you that the performances were not good enough. But we have played over 150 games in Europe and you have just picked three,” he said.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And when he goes, because the competition remains forever the same, stoically adherent to their unchanging standards, the successor failing to exceed Gandalf will prove how unknowingly lucky the fickle fans were...#exhale.
Last edited by Coach on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:And when he goes, because the competition remains forever thr same, stoically adherent to their unchanging standards, the successor failing to exceed Gandalf will prove how unknowingly lucky the fickle fans were...#exhale.
As much as am glad we have Wenger from 90's and he help to shape the club but he was well paid and he also is lucky to get a club like Arsenal that kiss his nonsense and allow him run the club.Place like Real,Bayern or Barca or even chelski he will have been gone long time also.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

He's tried for Arsenal but his defense of the CL criticism is silly. Which good results? Wins stunt Monaco, Bayern, Dortmund, Barcelona et al have mostly been when the ties were effectively over. So they're like empty calories.

Tick, tock.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯