Cyril Dessers could dump Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg
Cyril Dessers could dump Nigeria

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

"At the moment, the national team is not an issue, we will not know until September.

“Maybe I will be summoned somewhere, maybe not.”

https://www.completesports.com/dessers- ... r-belgium/
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cyril Dessers could dump Nigeria

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Wow! That quick? :shock: If true, this is why we should be careful with these foreign born who have very little loyalty to Nigeria other than their parents are from Nigeria. He said without a care in the world too. Let's hope it's just fake news.
OCCUPY NFF!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

who?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I hope he didn’t say this...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Even though it sounds like JJ, how can someone who never ever played for the SE dump Nigeria ?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

LINK
I’m committed to playing for Nigeria , says Dessers
By Ayo Olu Ibidapo - August 2, 2020 317 0
SHARE Facebook Twitter

Super Eagles hopeful, Cyriel Dessers has refuted reports suggesting he could consider turning his back on Nigeria should he get a call–up from Belgium manager, Roberto Martinez ahead of a possible return to international football next month, AOIFootball.com reports.

Reports in some sections of the media stated that the 25-year-old may reconsider his decision to play for Nigeria but Dessers told AOIFootball.com exclusively from his base, that such stories are unfounded lies to attract website traffic.

They made a story from nothing. I didn’t even talk with Belgium and then they make a story.

“I said I hoped for a call (from Nigeria) in September, but that’s not even sure. That’s the coach who decides, It’s not in my hands.

It’s just the clickbait sites who take things out of context and make juicy titles,” Dessers explained.

The former Heracles Almelo striker further stated that the suggestion to play forBelgium was made by Luc Nilis a former Belgian player who suggested him to the coach but he remains committed to making his debut for Nigeria when international matches resume.

The 25-year-old was handed a debut call–up last March for Nigeria’s double header clash against Sierra Leone but failed to make his debut as the match was cancelled due to the outbreak of the deadly Coronavirus.

Dessers has however moved from Heracles Almelo in Holland to join Belgian side KRC Genk and has scored twice in two friendly games.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Otitokoro wrote:LINK
I’m committed to playing for Nigeria , says Dessers
By Ayo Olu Ibidapo - August 2, 2020 317 0
SHARE Facebook Twitter

Super Eagles hopeful, Cyriel Dessers has refuted reports suggesting he could consider turning his back on Nigeria should he get a call–up from Belgium manager, Roberto Martinez ahead of a possible return to international football next month, AOIFootball.com reports.

Reports in some sections of the media stated that the 25-year-old may reconsider his decision to play for Nigeria but Dessers told AOIFootball.com exclusively from his base, that such stories are unfounded lies to attract website traffic.

They made a story from nothing. I didn’t even talk with Belgium and then they make a story.

“I said I hoped for a call (from Nigeria) in September, but that’s not even sure. That’s the coach who decides, It’s not in my hands.

It’s just the clickbait sites who take things out of context and make juicy titles,” Dessers explained.

The former Heracles Almelo striker further stated that the suggestion to play forBelgium was made by Luc Nilis a former Belgian player who suggested him to the coach but he remains committed to making his debut for Nigeria when international matches resume.

The 25-year-old was handed a debut call–up last March for Nigeria’s double header clash against Sierra Leone but failed to make his debut as the match was cancelled due to the outbreak of the deadly Coronavirus.

Dessers has however moved from Heracles Almelo in Holland to join Belgian side KRC Genk and has scored twice in two friendly games.

If this one is true then I salute the boy for coming out quickly to set the record straight. Good move on his part, his heart seems to be with the GWG? :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Sounded like JJ thanks for the confirmation Otito
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Wait o..... there's more to this story, looks like the Belgians are out in full force to get him to play for them.

See wetin I find. https://www.completesports.com/nilis-de ... batshuayi/

I don't think we've heard the last of this issue but the boy must continue to resist until we cap him.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Wait o..... there's more to this story, looks like the Belgians are out in full force to get him to play for them.

I don't think we've heard the last of this issue but the boy must continue to resist until we cap him.
I mean your only reputable source is completesportsNigeria, not exactly the most reliable site out there.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Daft kongi strikes again
SuperEagles

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I saw this story yesterday, good for him to come out and deny it, but I just realized that Belgium isn't really that deep in the forward position, and in fact it might be harder for Dessers to crack SE lineup.

After Lukaku Belgium doesn't really have any quality striker

Benteke is over 30, Origi and Batshuyi are mediocre, and they dont really have any young up and coming striker, so it would make sense that Belgium would be after him.

I wonder how good is Dessers really and who amongst SE forwards is better than him, and what does he offer that some or none of our forwards have.

I can't wait for our friendlies and squad to be announced, god willing we will see SE play in September and we can answer some of these questions.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Wait o..... there's more to this story, looks like the Belgians are out in full force to get him to play for them.

I mean your only reputable source is completesports Nigeria, not exactly the most reliable site out there.
Complete Sports generated the article from an interview Dessers recently gave former Belgian striker Luc Nilis for a local Belgian paper Het Belang van Limburg.
They're probably 'sexing up' the story.
https://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20200731_978 ... _i=&adh_i=
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

I mean your only reputable source is completesports Nigeria, not exactly the most reliable site out there.
Complete Sports generated the article from an interview Dessers recently gave former Belgian striker Luc Nilis for a local Belgian paper Het Belang van Limburg.
They're probably 'sexing up' the story.
https://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20200731_978 ... _i=&adh_i=
Complete Sports is a dead project.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=36938
It’s a weird one but if he said “it’ll become clearer” then he’s being disingenuous as he claimed he was committed to Nigeria,Belgium obviously would be welcome to him doing a shuffle.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Eaglezbeak wrote:https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=36938
It’s a weird one but if he said “it’ll become clearer” then he’s being disingenuous as he claimed he was committed to Nigeria,Belgium obviously would be welcome to him doing a shuffle.
Allnigeriasoccer.com... maybe we should first get the facts from a video evidence of him making those statements before anything else? we all know sites like Owngoalnigeria, Allnigeriasoccer.com, completesportsNigeria etc are all cut from the same cloth of dishing out sensationalist JJ's.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

He already pledged his loyalty to Nigeria. Did a report on him when he joined Genk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj3fy-d3OOs
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
Allnigeriasoccer.com... maybe we should first get the facts from a video evidence of him making those statements before anything else? we all know sites like Owngoalnigeria, Allnigeriasoccer.com, completesportsNigeria etc are all cut from the same cloth of dishing out sensationalist JJ's.
I would have posted the full article here but I can't be bothered to subscribe to a local Belgian newspaper just because of one article.
I am not even sure the Nigerian publications have bothered to subscribe either because they are not providing any new info and seem to be recycling each others' news.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This thread should be locked since the actual player stated it's fake news. CE now becoming a tabloid
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This thread should be locked since the actual player stated it's fake news. CE now becoming a tabloid
SuperEagles

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
I would have posted the full article here but I can't be bothered to subscribe to a local Belgian newspaper just because of one article.
I am not even sure the Nigerian publications have bothered to subscribe either because they are not providing any new info and seem to be recycling each others' news.
I know the trash is fake as it was pointed out earlier so I didn’t even go into it and used the word “if”.