FT: Bayern 5-1 Arsenal(Lwdski,Mullerx2, Alaba,Robben- Girud)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bayern 4-1 Arsenal (Lewdski, Muller, Alaba, Robben - Gir

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
AreaDaddy wrote:Kai..."My people my people" what is this now 5-1!!!! kai.. this is bad :-(
We just could not overcome the injuries. It is the difference. I'm proud of my team, at least we gave it a go.
Dude Bayern also had injuries as well. They planned for it. Wenger didn't. That's the difference. Wake up.

They lost ribery and robben lat year in the crucial stage of the ucl, they went and got kingsley coman and douglas costa to ensure that problem never happened again. Those two didn't cost much, coman is a loan deal from juventus. We all know our regular injury guys, we all know them, every single arsenal fan, you have to plan for guys who get injured frequently and old guys who have limited onfield contribution, you simply must.

With that said, arsenal's goals are different from bayern's goals as annoying as that is to admit.
Shame we do not have Bayern's money. We have our players, they are all on long term contracts. We don't have the money to buy such replacement whilst keeping those contracted. Besides, I am very happy with my lot, we beat Bayern 2 weeks ago, I will not swap any of my players for any of Bayern's.
I was wondering how long before the usual boolshit excuse of money. Arsenal offloaded Poldis contract. What happened to the savings?

First excuse was injuries...after being told that Bayern also had injuries and missing players I knew it was only a matter of time before you switch gears to money.

Keep in mind that there are two other teams in the group that are also besting Arsenal one of which will likely eliminate Arsenal from the tourney. Neither of them have as much money as Arsenal. So please kill that money excuse.
Waiting for FFP to kick in and Arsenal will be top of their group when likes of Real,Bayern, will be sanction :rotf: :rotf: :tic:
Truth be told i just hope we win our last two games and hope Bayern win at home to this olympiacos and we do the same like 0-3 in Athens .
I think if we finish third we might be in trouble playing on thursday befor weekend game
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: FT: Bayern 5-1 Arsenal(Lwdski,Mullerx2, Alaba,Robben- Gi

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I just saw the game on replay and I just can't believe how poor and easily preventable all five goals were. These kinda lapses are unacceptable ...

The most galling was the fifth when Droopy in his usual way dropped his shoulders and quit on the play and then in quick transition, Costa runs by Le Coq and Chambers like they weren't even there ...

I mean is that the Le Coq that Waffi never stops hyping? How pathetic. Absolutely shocking ... These guys were pathetic tonite but then again only the blind, deluded and soccer know nothings couldn't see this coming :curse:
The 5th goal was poor, but it was irrelevant. The key goals were the first 2 goals but you made no mention. Stop whining about the irrelevant goal because you wan take style yap Ozil. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

My bro, cancel this game. The real game is on Sunday.

You didn't read where I said all the goals were preventable? Oh by the way click and read what Gooners think about your Big For Nothing German

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/p ... ns-6770143
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Waffiman wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
AreaDaddy wrote:Kai..."My people my people" what is this now 5-1!!!! kai.. this is bad :-(
We just could not overcome the injuries. It is the difference. I'm proud of my team, at least we gave it a go.
Dude Bayern also had injuries as well. They planned for it. Wenger didn't. That's the difference. Wake up.

They lost ribery and robben lat year in the crucial stage of the ucl, they went and got kingsley coman and douglas costa to ensure that problem never happened again. Those two didn't cost much, coman is a loan deal from juventus. We all know our regular injury guys, we all know them, every single arsenal fan, you have to plan for guys who get injured frequently and old guys who have limited onfield contribution, you simply must.

With that said, arsenal's goals are different from bayern's goals as annoying as that is to admit.
I question the loyalty of fickle supporters. QED.
You question my loyalty, I question your sanity.

I'm loyal to Arsenal not Arsene.
Man. Take your sanity and whatever, and f00k off.
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: It don happen o
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Shame we do not have Bayern's money. We have our players, they are all on long term contracts. We don't have the money to buy such replacement whilst keeping those contracted. Besides, I am very happy with my lot, we beat Bayern 2 weeks ago, I will not swap any of my players for any of Bayern's.
Osare, position for position, I would swap every single Arsenal player for every single Bayern player maybe with the exception of Alexis and Mesut Ozil.
On the contact issue, I go leave that debate for another day as you are already in a fierce one with Yemster and I don't see the point of arguing after such a thumping loss. I don't agree with you there though.
Fair enough. I won't. I love my team as it is and it is going places. On to Sunday, when it really matters against Spuds. 8-) 8-) 8-)

I'm in nothing with Yemster. I am not responding to him anymore. I'm done. I don't waste my time with negative people.
The fact that I'm not delusional like you doesn't mean I'm negative. The writing was on the wall for a long time and not burying my head in the sand while singing kumbaya doesn't make me negative.

Being negative would be me writing off the players directly to their face telling them that they have no chance. Doing it here on the other hand is being a realist. That way I don't get disappointed hoping for the improbable.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I just saw the game on replay and I just can't believe how poor and easily preventable all five goals were. These kinda lapses are unacceptable ...

The most galling was the fifth when Droopy in his usual way dropped his shoulders and quit on the play and then in quick transition, Costa runs by Le Coq and Chambers like they weren't even there ...

I mean is that the Le Coq that Waffi never stops hyping? How pathetic. Absolutely shocking ... These guys were pathetic tonite but then again only the blind, deluded and soccer know nothings couldn't see this coming :curse:
The 5th goal was poor, but it was irrelevant. The key goals were the first 2 goals but you made no mention. Stop whining about the irrelevant goal because you wan take style yap Ozil. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You didn't read where I said all the goals were preventable? Oh by the way click and read what Gooners think about your Big For Nothing German

The same ones that said Bells was crap, Ozil was crap, Monreal was crap. They have their opinion, I have mine. Above all Wenger has his. Gabriel was responsible for the crucial first goal today. Per is the main man for a reason and so long as we keep winning, especially in the league, it will stay that way.

You are right, all the goals were preventable.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Fake drunken a$$ fickle fans who don't pay to go watch Arsenal games.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Coach wrote:Douglas taught them all how to doogie. First was Bellerin, spinning more than that Kylie Mynogue track on a DJ's turntable. Then came Debuchy, torn a brand new one, sphincter and mucosa included. Coquelin, not wanting to be left out, demanded his own portion and was Gareth Barry'd. Chambers chipped in with a Nollywood slow-motion. Was like watching a Benny Hill sketch.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: My belle o
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

No money to get players on loan to cover the team .. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol:

You will not swap any of your players for Bayern? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Abeg now I see what Arsenal fans have to bear with Waffiman ...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cristao II wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

No money to get players on loan to cover the team .. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :lol: :lol:

What about your team? What do you think of Tottenham? Shyte. What do you think of Shyte? Tottenham. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Tottenham, the team that still holds the record for the longest streak of matches won in a row at the start of the season.

Tottenham is rebuilding. Just hope that your team of expensive players show up at home. Normally you are faves to win the match in your stadium but we will like our chances.

The youngest squad in the league taking a trip to l'arse. Son should be back for that match.

Funny how y'all always sing that shiite song - We owned you last year in the league. Lets see how it goes.

Funny fan claiming that he wouldnt want any of Bayern's players - :lol: Pure comedy!! You took Petr Cech from Chelski, Ozil from Real, Sanchez from Barca and you dont want any of Bayern's players... Well not sure if they want to come either ....
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Cristao II wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I don't really do all the EPL team talk, but this was really funny.

I would swap all the SE Left backs and midfielders for Alaba.

And the boy loves naija.

I go swear for Austria, Truetalk.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cristao II wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
platinum wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

The guy has a problem with reality.

The only Arsenal players I wouldn't swap are Bells, Ox and Alexis. Cech I'd swap only cos of age if not it's a wash with Neuer.

I'd also swap managers in a mother frickin second and gladly offer them Waffib as jara.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

I think that disallowed goal dejected Arsenal and even the second goal looked unlikely but demoralizing nonetheless. I didnt have the benefit of repeated replays but initially I thought it was a legit goal. Teams were evenly matched until yes, the second goal...Arsenal will be fine in this group. Just win your remaining games..a very likely prospect
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

akamoke wrote:I think that disallowed goal dejected Arsenal and even the second goal looked unlikely but demoralizing nonetheless. I didnt have the benefit of repeated replays but initially I thought it was a legit goal. Teams were evenly matched until yes, the second goal...Arsenal will be fine in this group. Just win your remaining games..a very likely prospect
Personally I think it might be better for us to crash out now so we can focus solely on the EPL. We don't have a deep enough squad to compete on multiple fronts and we weren't going to win the UCL anyways. If Arsenal comes out of the group (likely as runners up) they will lose in the next round as they have the last decade.

I think Arsenal's chance of winning the EPL will be better enhanced if we drop out of the champions league now.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

akamoke wrote:I think that disallowed goal dejected Arsenal and even the second goal looked unlikely but demoralizing nonetheless. I didnt have the benefit of repeated replays but initially I thought it was a legit goal. Teams were evenly matched until yes, the second goal...Arsenal will be fine in this group. Just win your remaining games..a very likely prospect
Having watched that again, I gotta say, our defensive display was truly shambolic. The changes 4 changes to what's a settled team proved to be too much. Attacking wise we looked like scoring and created chances. But you cannot do much with that type of display. Our 2 CDs were poor, Our RB was poor, the right side was awful and it killed us. In effect we played with a 6, but credit to Bayern.

Still believe we will get out of this group. I have seen enough to be optimistic, just need to deal with injuries better.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Waffiman wrote:
Having watched that again, I gotta say, our defensive display was truly shambolic. The changes 4 changes to what's a settled team proved to be too much. Attacking wise we looked like scoring and created chances. But you cannot do much with that type of display. Our 2 CDs were poor, Our RB was poor, the right side was awful and it killed us. In effect we played with a 6, but credit to Bayern.

Still believe we will get out of this group. I have seen enough to be optimistic, just need to deal with injuries better.
If that Arsenal goal had stood, it would have changed the game because the swiftness in which they responded to that first goal was impressive.
I see that Arsenal players get dejected quickly when things didnt go their way
Even when the second goal went in, I was left with the feeling that (until that point), the 2 goal deficit did not tell the story of the game.
Yes, Arsenal's injuries are a problem.
Bayern was able to bring the likes of Robben from the bench and Arsenal's bench had inexperienced teenagers...

Like I said, all is not lost...if they can rediscover their mojo like they did in the first Bayern Leg at home, they will do just fine in the group
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

theYemster wrote:
Personally I think it might be better for us to crash out now so we can focus solely on the EPL. We don't have a deep enough squad to compete on multiple fronts and we weren't going to win the UCL anyways. If Arsenal comes out of the group (likely as runners up) they will lose in the next round as they have the last decade.

I think Arsenal's chance of winning the EPL will be better enhanced if we drop out of the champions league now.
Oga, I don't agree, take your chances as they come. Arsenal have proven that Bayern are not machines. They can do both (CL and League (we will fight on this one :D )) at the same time...its what champions do
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

theYemster wrote:

Oga, I don't agree, take your chances as they come. Arsenal have proven that Bayern are not machines. They can do both (CL and League (we will fight on this one :D )) at the same time...its what champions do
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Waffiman wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Stop being a boring troll. I really do not care for your negative bile. You just f00k off and stuff it where the sun don't shine.
Nice one bros, very very nice. Oh BTW, read my signature again...
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

elerineye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Stop being a boring troll. I really do not care for your negative bile. You just f00k off and stuff it where the sun don't shine.
Sorry bro. Hope you're not too crushed.

We all fall below our ideals & ideas sometimes.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I don't understand why ARSEnal fans are writing off Olympiakos. Here is a team even on 9 points with almighty Bayern and will want to entertain the possibility of winning the group. Y'all will be lucky to even qualify for Europa.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

truetalk wrote:
elerineye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Sorry bro. Hope you're not too crushed.

We all fall below our ideals & ideas sometimes.
Crushed about what?

My post was directed at waffiman who tend to resort to insulting people who disagree with him, hence I use a quote from him in my signature.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

akamoke wrote:
theYemster wrote:

Ordinarily I'd be inclined to agree. But year after year, time and again, Arsenal have shown us they are incapable of it.

Bayern just smoked them 5-1 and you say Arsenal proved Bayern aren't machines? What would constitute proving they are machines...losing by a dozen? All we hear from delusional fans is if not for injuries and money yada yada like Bayern didn't have it's own injury worries. The gulf is wide. Lets not even kid ourselves. The sooner they face the truth the sooner they can improve the team.

I heard the story of how close we were when we beat them in Munich. I remember saying it was deceptive because Bayern didn't have anything to play for having already won the group do its presumable they eased off a bit. This is kinda like what is called garbage points in the US.

So like I said if they can parlay this into winning the EPL then alls well.
Last edited by theYemster on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯