EPL Club tempts Osimhen with one million Pounds

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Dem don hammer.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/epl- ... on-pounds/

on November 04, 2015 / in Sports 9:42 pm / Comments

Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn Reddit Print
FIFA U17 World Cup leading scorer Victor Osimhen could be the next Golden Eaglet star to hit the English Premier League after a club there offered to pay for the player from Ultimate Strikers Academy starting from a million pounds.

Victor Osimhen
Victor Osimhen
Osimhen, 17 in December, has scored eight goals as Nigeria romped to a seventh semi-final in the U17 World Cup.

“An un-named EPL side are willing to splash the cash for Osimhen. They want to start the bidding from a million pounds,” a top source familiar with this interest disclosed.

Osimhen knows his way to goal and has great techinique for a big centre-forward. He could also drift to the wings to create space for his teammates.

Manchester City signed Kelechi Iheanacho and Chidiebere Nwakali and Musa Yahaya was reportedly engaged by Tottenham Hotspur when Nigeria won a record fourth U17 World Cup two years ago.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
African Star
Egg
Egg
Re: EPL Club tempts Osimhen with one million Pounds

Post by African Star »

Please let that boy go somewhere where he can be developed, nurtured and polished. He is still very raw and needs to either go to France, Belgium, Portugal, Spain or Italy in that order of preference and if not then stay in Nigeria but if he goes to the electoral that would be the end of it.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Anywhere but England.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Come to Spurs. You know you want to ...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

African Star wrote:Please let that boy go somewhere where he can be developed, nurtured and polished. He is still very raw and needs to either go to France, Belgium, Portugal, Spain or Italy in that order of preference and if not then stay in Nigeria but if he goes to the electoral that would be the end of it.
But this was the exact same argument two years ago that nearly caused Nacho to go mental.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

They would have paid more for a Brazilian.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Please let him go to where they are willing to pay and appreciate his talents. How many have been going elsewhere and were never heard of again. It is up to the boy to make the best use of the opportunity he has.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
obaGol
Egg
Egg

Post by obaGol »

Chei! Amuneke don Image
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

The EPL club no get name.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

oloye wrote:Please let him go to where they are willing to pay and appreciate his talents. How many have been going elsewhere and were never heard of again. It is up to the boy to make the best use of the opportunity he has.
He's < 17. It's not up to him. His parents should get him good advisers and agents.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Agents floating kites. Na so dem just dey splash £1m nyafu nyafu for England?

Dem think say na Naija oil money? They would want to give him a medical first before even discussing terms with him.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

nemi2002 wrote:The EPL club no get name.
Exactly my thought/ is anyone of actually reading this nonsense and taking it seriously
Pure jay jay
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I wonder if that EPL club is Manchester City. It will make sense because they got Kele and may already believe Osimhen will likely win MVP in Chile.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

African Star wrote:Please let that boy go somewhere where he can be developed, nurtured and polished. He is still very raw and needs to either go to France, Belgium, Portugal, Spain or Italy in that order of preference and if not then stay in Nigeria but if he goes to the electoral that would be the end of it.
Where is that?
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Agents floating kites. Na so dem just dey splash £1m nyafu nyafu for England?

Dem think say na Naija oil money? They would want to give him a medical first before even discussing terms with him.
Not necessarily. But certainly before they sign any contract though.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

So he is only worth $1million? This is why i dislike these people,had it been a Brazillian or another European,they would splash millions..smh
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

jette1 wrote:
nemi2002 wrote:The EPL club no get name.
Exactly my thought/ is anyone of actually reading this nonsense and taking it seriously
Pure jay jay
...lol and see folks lapping up the story.

This is all agent/media PR

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

theYemster wrote:
oloye wrote:Please let him go to where they are willing to pay and appreciate his talents. How many have been going elsewhere and were never heard of again. It is up to the boy to make the best use of the opportunity he has.
He's < 17. It's not up to him. His parents should get him good advisers and agents.
Ehem i meant to develop himself wherever he finds himself.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Go to Ajax or PSV and play early. Don't go to England. They will first deny you a work permit. You will not play senior football for atleast 2 or 3 years.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Agents floating kites. Na so dem just dey splash £1m nyafu nyafu for England?

This!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

oloye wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Osimhen is a Selfish player. He annoyed me today.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

ohenhen1 wrote:Go to Ajax or PSV and play early. Don't go to England. They will first deny you a work permit. You will not play senior football for atleast 2 or 3 years.
From Africa you cannot sign a pro contract anyway until you turn 18.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Sir V wrote:
oloye wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Osimhen is a Selfish player. He annoyed me today.
Sir V,

Great players are selfish. Check Pele, Messi, Ronaldo and Henry. In full flow, passing is not an option. Their managers expect them to be selfish, rather than call it "selfish" managers calls it strong self-belief.