Cameroon's defence is very vulnerable to the long ball

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

Yujam and Obsession, CHILL OUT. :(
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Yettycom;
For some reason, Old Obsession always tries to find my trouble. I know who it is, and the constant animosity they have shown towards me is very worrisome!
yettycom wrote:Yujam and Obsession, CHILL OUT. :(
old_obsession
Egg
Egg

Post by old_obsession »

YUJAM wrote:Yettycom;
For some reason, Old Obsession always tries to find my trouble. I know who it is, and the constant animosity they have shown towards me is very worrisome!
yettycom wrote:Yujam and Obsession, CHILL OUT. :(
Listen
If whatever i posted came across as being specifically antagonistic towards you then it may have been you being unnecessarily sensitive. Unlike many of you guys on this forum i don't know anyone here outside of the forum so why would i show constant animosity towards anyone ...over football. Come on.

I'll admit that I can't stand Omey2k4 but that's only because almost everything that he posts is puerile and vulgar. The only reason I reprimanded you here was because I wanted a particular piece of information and you popped up with something irrelevant and slightly annoying . In any case I apologise Yujam. Please don't take it personal.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Once again, I was not responding to your question.

In any case, apology accepted and please accept mine too. Here is to having some good exchanges in the future! :D
The only reason I reprimanded you here was because I wanted a particular piece of information and you popped up with something irrelevant and slightly annoying . In any case I apologise Yujam. Please don't take it personal.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

Aint that grand, i feel like a HERO :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
Nipsy
Egg
Egg

Post by Nipsy »

Ayoakinfe wrote:

If Seyi is worse than those two comedians who we saw galloping around the centre of the pitch like disabled donkeys yesterday, I for one would have long advised him to return to his village and concentrate on selling yams. Between the two of them, did they complete one accurate pass all afternoon?

[End of quote]

Ayo,

Don't you know that people have off days sometimes? Just you wait, tomorrow is coming. We'll see. (Although it's not in my nature) I might just be tempted to come here and really rub salt into your wounds if things don't go Nigeria's way. The idea that Eric is playing for Man U has been bugging you for quite some time now. It's not his fault (and those other Cameroonians you don't see as quite as talented as Nigerians) that some big clubs are interested. We'll see your guys come tomorrow.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Nipsy wrote:Ayoakinfe wrote:

If Seyi is worse than those two comedians who we saw galloping around the centre of the pitch like disabled donkeys yesterday, I for one would have long advised him to return to his village and concentrate on selling yams. Between the two of them, did they complete one accurate pass all afternoon?

[End of quote]

Ayo,

Don't you know that people have off days sometimes? Just you wait, tomorrow is coming. We'll see. (Although it's not in my nature) I might just be tempted to come here and really rub salt into your wounds if things don't go Nigeria's way. The idea that Eric is playing for Man U has been bugging you for quite some time now. It's not his fault (and those other Cameroonians you don't see as quite as talented as Nigerians) that some big clubs are interested. We'll see your guys come tomorrow.
Eric has an off day everyday my brother! I can accept Eto'o, Mboma, Geremi or Song having an off day but I am yet to see Djemba-Djemba have an on day!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Suddenly Olofinjana is this great passer of the ball, better than Djemba and Mbami put together. This for a player who is unproven in Europe and Africa, and who may likely not start for Nigeria!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Mbape
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbape »

Ayo:

Even if Seyi is all that, you are not acting like a sensible man. Because like Mbami, he may have an off day, and you have done nothing but invite a storm of derision on yourself.

But maybe you like it that way. I have a feeling you do. You are in cloud nine now about Cameroon's 'problems' even though it probably has occurred to you that at the end of the day Cameroon may still have the last laugh. I don't understand that sort of behaviour. I would feel awfull to say alot of things that may come back and bite me.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Mbami and Djemba Djemba are much better than Olofinjana!
Yujam, please do not insult my friend. Do you think that if Seyi was that bad I would be this friendly with him.?
Pure Wickedness. That was cold Ayo. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

I am thrilled by the minute analysis I peruse on this site. Some guys here are analytical giants. But in this instance it is being overdone. All relevant points about defending and slow defenders are well taken BUT the most relevant point here is that Cameroon did not take their cahnces yesterday. If they did there would not have been that much pressure on the defence to perform. Had they scored three goals, no one would be talking about a wobbly defence. All the talk would have been about how to contain them and prevent them from scoring.

Cameroon are slow starters so I expect them to pick up their game but the attack of Eto and Mboma did them no favors yesterday. The Agerians did not particularly excell in defence yesterday considering how many chances the Cameroonians created but they took their chances well. If Cameroon had done that, it would be a different story.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

Ayo which game you watch? Flighted balls was the least bit of the problems Cam had against Alg., As am atter of fack the algerians attacked fon the ground with short passes and combination plays. They built up from the back and distributed well. They controled the mid-field and had no finishing. All the build ups ended in the attacking thiord of the cameroun's defense.

Cameroun attacked in the air. They won 90% of the flighted balls. All they shorts on the ground went over the bar. I MEAN OVER THE BAR> LIKE @) YARDS OVER EVEN FROM THE 6 YARD Box. Cameroun's goal came from a flighted cross from the right wing. Other heads and narrow misses too.

Algeria packed the defense with all eleven players and Cameroun had no choice but to flight the crosses over the mid-field. How can you have drobblle penetration over a packed mid-field especially center mid? The penetrations came from the wings for CAmeroun.

There was missed communication from the young Kanemi and the Cenral defence a few times, other wise your hypothesis is off base.

The goal by Alg was pure luck of the attacker being in the right place at the right time. Other wise. They dazzled in the mid-field and fissled on Cameroun's defense. Cameroun should have converted and put Alg away long b4.
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol: