Victor Osimhen - All Goals scored at the U17 World Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Victor Osimhen - All Goals scored at the U17 World Cup

Post by Sunset »

[/video]
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Victor Osimhen - All Goals scored at the U17 World Cup

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote:[/video]

Sunset,

Thanks for posting this. I was pleasantly surprised by Osimhen's lethality at the WC. Prior to the WC and during the qualifiers he was reported for missing chances even though he led the team in scoring. I hope he continues to work hard because his body build leads me to believe that as he grows his body is going to fill up and that may affect pace going forward. If he isn't careful, his willingness to work hard as his body changes will determine whether or not he goes far. This is the issue at predicting how well a lad this age will do at the pro level.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
lagos777
Egg
Egg
Re: Victor Osimhen - All Goals scored at the U17 World Cup

Post by lagos777 »

Enugu II wrote:Sunset,

Thanks for posting this. I was pleasantly surprised by Osimhen's lethality at the WC. Prior to the WC and during the qualifiers he was reported for missing chances even though he led the team in scoring. I hope he continues to work hard because his body build leads me to believe that as he grows his body is going to fill up and that may affect pace going forward. If he isn't careful, his willingness to work hard as his body changes will determine whether or not he goes far. This is the issue at predicting how well a lad this age will do at the pro level.

Maybe it's just me but looking at this video it seems our boys are getting more technical at a younger age. You see the way this boy is striking the ball, Nwakali's freekicks, the way Kelechi strikes the ball. There's a trend in the new generation. Maybe it's the "academy" effect.
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".