Chukwu May Be Sacked

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pens
Egg
Egg
Chukwu May Be Sacked

Post by pens »

Chukwu May Be Sacked
By Ayodeji Fashikun, 01.03.2005

•Foreign coach option ruled out

Plans may have been concluded by the czars in the Ministry of Sports to sack Super Eagles coach, Christian Chukwu, who is scheduled to sign a renewal of his contract soon. However, three top Nigerian coaches have been short listed to take his job with a valid declaration that the nation will not go for a foreign coach.
THISDAYSports sources authoritatively said that, "the issue of who takes over from Chukwu had delayed the decision. The issue of his sack, as far as the Ministry is concerned is a fait accompli. We are aware that he is not the best Nigerian available for the job, yet we want the very best of hands available to handle the national team."
Responding to a theory, the source vehemently denied that the sack of the former national team skipper is not a part of the cleansening of the vestiges of the redeployed director of Sports Development, Mr. Patrick Ekeji.
"No, that may not be true. We have for some time been working on this idea but the truth is that, we are being very careful about it. Now that the next match in the World Cup campaign is March, the new man would have enough time to take the saddle appropriately. It is not a part of the Ekeji thing as you put it," he said.
However, a pro-Chukwu Ministry source insisted that, "the sack had been in the pipeline for some time. But the man's results had at various times held the sack back. In order to pave way for the sack, pressure had to be mounted on Captain Austin Okocha to back off the players' support for Chukwu."
Some other sources said the three coaches shortlisted to tinker with the national team include the 2002 Japan/Korea World Cup coach, Chief Adegboye Onigbinde, former BCC Lions coach, Shaibu Amodu, who qualified the nation for the 2002 World Cup, and U-23 Olympics Dream III coach, Kadiri Ikhana. As it is, given information close to the coaches, none of them seemed to have been approached yet by the Ministry officials.
On the issue of foreign coach, the possibility of engaging one seems to have been ruled out by virtue of the President's position, who threw his weight behind Nigerian coaches at the reception in honour of the Eagles when they returned from Tunisia where they placed third. In addition, neither the NFA nor the Ministry has the resources presently to engage a foreign coach.
However, the Sports Minister, Colonel Musa Mohammed (rtd.) was reportedly said to have once complained that he was led to have erroneously sold the retention of Chukwu to Mr President who promptly backed the idea. Shortly after, the Glass House's official Board position was to engage a foreign coach, while the Minister was not willing to go against the president on the matter.
The option of a Nigerian telecommunication giant bankrolling the pay of the foreign coach to be engaged is one the Minister is yet to be convinced about. Left alone to him, he would have preferred for the best of available hands in the nation to go for the job in place of Chukwu.
Of the trio listed for Chukwu's job, they are known to be highly principled individuals. Two of them, Amodu and Onigbinde had been there before. In fact, Onigbinde was a two-time coach of the Super Eagles. Our source on this said, "the matter was broached, but it is the confidence they will radiate in Nigerians towards the qualification for the 2006 World Cup that we are considering above other factors."
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Chukwu May Be Sacked

Post by YUJAM »

Good!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Overtake wan overtake overtake :roll: :roll:

Boy do we thrive on confusion in our country
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

This is a joke right?

Amodu has said he will never coach he SE again, even if they held a sht gun to him.

Pa Oni has said the same.

Ikhana does not also fancey the post.
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Whatever the case maybe I have repeatedly stated that those who continue to push for FC will be dissapointed becos as long as Obasanjo is President that will never happen. From time to time, the likes of Ayo come here with their sources and incorrect info claiming that OBJ has backed off and an FC is on the way-let us continue to watch.
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Keshi or Eguavoen
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

If they knew Chukwu was not the best lc coach, why appoint him in the first place? I think the NFA is caught in a vicious circle. Can someone help them out, please? :D
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Janganza
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Janganza »

This people are just clueless. CCC will outlive all of them.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

C3'S FIRING HAS NEVER BEEN A PROBLEM WITH ME EVEN IF...

...I've not been close enough to do a decent job of evelauting him nor convinced that the NFA had provided an environment conducive to success. So his firing may be unfair. Nevertheless I can live with it. As long as he is replaced by another IC. And this seems to be the direction where this new admin is headed.

However, Onigbinde doesn't strike me, given his age and controversial style, to be the man for the job. I wish Amodu would return with a desire to handle the players more strongly. And I strongly believe this is an opportunity for the NFA to try the consortium idea I've harped for years now.
Bell
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

I have said it before and will say it again, CCC is not going anywhere. How long are we going to keep dwelling on this topic. Jeez!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Bell wrote:C3'S FIRING HAS NEVER BEEN A PROBLEM WITH ME EVEN IF...

...I've not been close enough to do a decent job of evelauting him nor convinced that the NFA had provided an environment conducive to success. So his firing may be unfair. Nevertheless I can live with it. As long as he is replaced by another IC. And this seems to be the direction where this new admin is headed.
BELL:
Could not have put the highlighted portion any better...
Nor the underlined, because structural reforms is still JOB ONE!
Last edited by Gotti on Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

Hmm..These people are nuts. At least if they fire CCC, that would be one out of two. Now we just have to work on getting a capable FC to come in and whip our boys into tactical and mental shape.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

kaycee2g wrote:Amodu has said he will never coach he SE again, even if they held a sht gun to him.

Pa Oni has said the same.

Ikhana does not also fancey the post.
KC:
Amodu also said that he would leave the Nigerian league, but was 'persuaded' otherwise.

In the immediate term, so long as the Glasshouse knuckleheads realize that Nigeria is as well as served by indigenous coaches as by itinerant foreign coaches, the issue of who is willing to assume or best deserves the position is secondary.

In the longer term, so long as the same support and facillities are extended to indigenous coaches as is readily provided to their foreign counterparts, the issue of national passport or origin will similarly become a relatively negligible consideration.
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

do y'all remember my thread that said word of the street CCC is history ? CCC is pretty much a moron, we have better coach than him in naija. Eyimba sucess proves that.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mastermind wrote:do y'all remember my thread that said word of the street CCC is history ? CCC is pretty much a moron, we have better coach than him in naija. Eyimba sucess proves that.
The only thing that I remember from that thread is someone asking if it was on "Sesame Street"?!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chukwu May Be Sacked

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

pens wrote:Chukwu May Be Sacked
By Ayodeji Fashikun, 01.03.2005

•Foreign coach option ruled out

We are aware that he is not the best Nigerian available for the job, yet we want the very best of hands available to handle the national team.
I am deeply concerned at how they arrived at this conclusion. If this story is true, and I have serious doubts that it is, then the restructuring of the NFA may be doing Nigeria a lot more harm than good. It appears that the proponents of an FC in the NFA now are in the driver's seat, and realizing that an FC solution is untenable, they're still going to try to stick it to CCC for thwarting their ambitions with his very steady performance!

Cheers.
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

mastermind wrote:do y'all remember my thread that said word of the street CCC is history ? CCC is pretty much a moron, we have better coach than him in naija. Eyimba sucess proves that.

:lol: :mrgreen: and IMBECILITY runs in your family :lol: :mrgreen:
BLOODY BROKE-#$% :lol: loooooooooooooooooooooooser :mrgreen: :lol:
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Men!
You seem to be in wicked form these days... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gotti wrote:
The only thing that I remember from that thread is someone asking if it was on "Sesame Street"?!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

As long as there is no coup in Nigeria-we will have a Nigerian leading us to Germany in 2006.
Last edited by mke1010 on Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Inaija must be having nightmares with the ghost of Pa Oni resurfacing once again :lol:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I am not the biggest Chukwu fan, but this is nothing but an attempt by backstabber Onigbinde apologists to make him still relevant. If you read between lines in the article very well, you will see that it is more of a promotion for the backstabber than anything else.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

1naija wrote:I am not the biggest Chukwu fan, but this is nothing but an attempt by backstabber Onigbinde apologists to make him still relevant. If you read between lines in the article very well, you will see that it is more of a promotion for the backstabber than anything else.

:lol: WORD BRO,WORD!!!!
why do you think I am around!!!
won't let what happen to Amodu(2002), happen to legendary CCC.
:lol: I know the f-cking broke-#$% :mrgreen: loooooooooooooooooosers :lol: pretending to be 'pro-FC' while angling for a chance to impose the PE teacher on SE :lol: :lol:
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Anyone but Onigbinde! Amodu and Ikhana are better candidates! But in Nigeria, the inept and incompetent heads wear the crown!
...but with God all things are possible...