After watching CAM-ALG...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sampo
Egg
Egg
After watching CAM-ALG...

Post by Sampo »

Am I the only one here who thinks Song was a liability today?

He was lucky to get away with a clear penalty, from his hand ball. Other weak links: Idrissou and Eto'o (wasted too many chances in the first half and then went to sleep). Eto'o ought to have been substituted. Mboma's free kick was telling, despite his goal. Little wonder the next one was taken by Geremi (and found a marksman in, ironically, Song, after the whistle had gone for an Idrissou's offside).

On the whole, Cameroon played to the strength of their team cohesion, but they were always looking very ordinary, for a Champion, in terms of individual performance - despite a superior ball possession. Their traditional ruggedness may also cost them, unless checked. Only one match and they already earned quite a few yellows. They could have got a basketful, if not even a red or two.

I asked during the match: compared to Cameroon, do you think man for man, our attackers could have done better against this Algeria side? Give your reasons...
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

That wasn't a clear penalty; it was ball to hand;
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

I expected Cameroon to play better than what i saw today.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

theYemster wrote:That wasn't a clear penalty; it was ball to hand;
Granted.

On the same Algeria run though, Kameni clearly hacked down the on-rushing last-man forward - a plausible penalty call. It was the resulting panic that led to Song's ball-to-hand foul in the box... He was clearly under pressure. Do you mean neither of these deserved the referee's attention? We would moan here if these were agaist the SE, surely. 8)
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!