I can’t be bribed w executive powers, Galadima snubs Minista

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet
I can’t be bribed w executive powers, Galadima snubs Minista

Post by Vindave »

I can’t be bribed with executive powers, Galadima snubs Minister
http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/200 ... 12005.html

By Tony Ubani
Tuesday, January 04, 2005

AS the impasse between the Sports Minister and the FA Chairman drags to annoying level over the sack of the Management team of the NFA, Alhaji Ibrahim Galadima has snubbed the Sports Minister’s ‘bribe’ with executive powers to allow the sack remain. A top official in the Ministry had said that Galadima would emerge as Chief Executive Officer of the NFA while former international, Segun Odegbami who replaces Taiwo Ogunjobi would be the Chief Accounting Officer.

But, Galadima described the offer as a ‘Greek gift’ noting that he was not crazy for Executive Powers. “Absolutely, it is rubbish for them to tempt me to soft-pedal with executive powers. I am not drunk for executive powers and will not be blinded by it to allow our country be sanctioned over one man’s sin. I’ve been FA Chairman for two years without executive powers and would not blindfold my conscience for it”, the smooth-talking Kano born FA boss retorted on our hotline yesterday. He said that he would not shift his position on the communique which condemned the Minister’s action to place the country’s chances of being banned by FIFA on a cliff-hanger.

“My position remains the same. If the Minister means well for football why is he daring the world soccer governing body? Honestly, I don’t want Nigeria to be sanctioned because it will cause heartaches to myriads of Nigerian fans and of course scuttle everything we have in place”. The FA boss said that he had been talking with FIFA on the administrative imbroglio trying to see if there would be a way to wave off a ban for the country. Sports Vanguard gathered that FIFA officials who resumed from their Xmas break felt betrayed that the Minister ate his words after presenting the draft amendment of Decree 101 and promising that he would not take any action drawing powers from the obnoxious Decree. “It’s a breach of the agreement reached in Zurich with FIFA officials.

He gave them his words that Decree 101 has died a natural death while waiting for the Lawmakers to drive a nail in the coffin. It was based on the gentleman agreement that FIFA gave us a reprieve. And it is heart-broken for the FIFA men to hear him drawing his powers from the ‘dead’ Decree”, Galadima lamented.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

It’s a lie! Galadima screams, says communique stands

By Tony Ubani
Monday, January 03, 2005

FA Chairman, Ibrahim Galadima was stunned Friday when stories were credited to him to have soft-pedaled on the quagmire between him and Sports Minister and instead made a Volte Face over the rash sacking of the Taiwo Ogunjobi-led management board of the association. "Must people lie to justify their mistakes. How possible is it for me to make a U-turn on a board decision? Didn’t people read the communique that we signed? I am totally ashamed that people could use my name to lie to achieve whatever selfish agenda they are pursuing," the Kano-born FA boss cursed on our hotline.

He said the board out of respect for the minister went to submit their communique to him and asked him to have a change of heart in the interest of football. "That was exactly what happened. We were six in number who made our position to him. We then submitted the communique and left. Nothing more, nothing less. You can call the others to confirm. I felt embarrassed to read that we have abandoned our earlier position. And I must inform you that FIFA is aware of our position. Our communique is already with them. And when they (FIFA) call to confirm, I will tell them that I stand on the communique. It is a pity! I stand on my honour," Galadima fumed.

Moments after spitting fire that the minister was dancing a macabre dance over the only thing that gives Nigerians joy, Olu Amadasun, spokesman of the board said: "We are embarrassed over rumours making the rounds that we have sold out on the wrong decisions of the minister to sack the management of the NFA. NFA Board’s decision stands. Members went to submit the letter to the minister out of respect for his office. There is no iota of truth in anything contrary. It is the imagination of those working with the minister to rape Nigerian football," Amadasun who is the President of Sports Writers Association of Nigeria said.

And as the blind fight over power continues, Nigerians should not be surprised if FIFA’s hammer descends on Nigeria.

VANGUARD
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
ayomeks
Egg
Egg

Post by ayomeks »

I am really surprised at Galadima.
Why is it that he is suddenly talking about due process.
Now that they want him to have excutive powers, he is talking about bribe.
This is somebody that cannot talk before. Somebody that would and cannot do anything when Ogunjobi borrow and spend money without talking to him.
He should think about taking Nigerian football forward and stop making so much noise.
The same Galadima after the league said he found out that some governors hijacked football last season.
Was he blinded folded during the season? He should just SHUT UP, and think of what to do to make Nigerian football grow again.
The same Ogunjobi he is always fighting is the one he is now supporting that he must stay.
To contibute my quota
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

ayomeks wrote:I am really surprised at Galadima.
This is somebody that cannot talk before. Somebody that would and cannot do anything when Ogunjobi borrow and spend money without talking to him.
He should think about taking Nigerian football forward and stop making so much noise.
The same Galadima after the league said he found out that some governors hijacked football last season.
Was he blinded folded during the season? He should just SHUT UP, and think of what to do to make Nigerian football grow again.
The same Ogunjobi he is always fighting is the one he is now supporting that he must stay.
Galadima's position beats me. First of all I'm yet to understand if Musa's moved have Fifa Blessings, but what's Galadima fighting for? Ogunjobi? to the extent of wanting to reject the executive powers his office deserves. Galadima should realise that he must act in good faith for posterity sake, so that subsequent chairmen will bless him and not the rubbish crusade he''s embarking on. I believe if both parties agree, we're safe.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

mapet wrote:
ayomeks wrote:I am really surprised at Galadima.
Galadima's position beats me. First of all I'm yet to understand if Musa's moved have Fifa Blessings, but what's Galadima fighting for? Ogunjobi? to the extent of wanting to reject the executive powers his office deserves. Galadima should realise that he must act in good faith for posterity sake, so that subsequent chairmen will bless him and not the rubbish crusade he''s embarking on. I believe if both parties agree, we're safe.
neither of them is right and MUSA action did not get FIFA blessing. Infact, FIFA is already angry with Nigeria and only God know what they intend doing to us right now.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
ayomeks
Egg
Egg

Post by ayomeks »

The man should just shut up or resign.
But i don't think FIFA will do anything to us.
To contibute my quota
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

ayomeks wrote:The man should just shut up or resign.
But i don't think FIFA will do anything to us.
we pray so and hope so too that FIFA relax their nerves.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Frankly, I laud HGaladima for the position that he is taking. I am surprised that some of you think this is about Ogunjobi. No, it isn't. Afterall, Ogunjobi and Galadima were at loggerheads. This is about what is right and what is wrong. Apparently, some of you would have been easily swayed to forget about what is right and what is wrong because executive powers were presented. The point is simple -- the Minister had intervened in FA matters and that is why FIFA got into this in the first place. Now, are you asking for Galadima to ignore this? IMO, he should fight this till the last man is left standing. Those that I find wanting are people like Ogunjobi who appear to have run into hiding because of the threat of EFCC.

Ayomeks:

On the Ogunjobi issue of securing loan without approval. Are you not aware that Galadima had no powers to stop that? Are you not aware that Ogunjobi had the controlling power in the NFA and could only be limited by the MInister (These are the very reasons why FIFA has interferred).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
I guess club owners should also give up after this offer?

Post by Enugu II »

Club Owners Reject Minister's Apple On League Board

Vanguard (Lagos)
January 4, 2005
Posted to the web January 4, 2005

Tony Ubani

EMBATTLED Sports Minister, Col Musa Mohammed (rtd) faced with resistance in the house of soccer has made a dramatic U-turn, asking Club Owners to nominate six of their members to his League Management Board. But, the Club Owners who have disowned the League Management Board and asked sponsors not to be part of the League turned down the offer, insisting that the Minister has no locus standi over League matters.

"It is like the owner of a cow holding the cow while another person is milking it", one of the members thundered to the Minister's volte face. "It is either he dissolves the League Board and sacks Salihu Abubakar or he uses his clubs (if he has any) to play the League". The tough stance of the Club Owners may see the Globacom Professional League suffering from its date of take off, if the Minister does not shift ground.

Col. Mohammed had while sacking the top management staff of the NFA accused them of financial misappropriation while curiously allowing Abubakar retain his job as head of the Professional League. The Minister also promised the interim League Board N50million to use in doing their job. Olu Amadasun, Board Member of the NFA and President of Sports Writers Association of Nigeria, SWAN, faulted the Minister on the huge amount assigned to them. "We are all aware that NFA has no money and the man is graciously giving out that huge sum for interim workers. It's baffling", Amadasun said. Even FA boss, Galadima said that he was worried on the appointment outside the Civil Service and asked the Minister what would happen if something goes wrong. "Ordinarily, Civil Service workers can always be held responsible if something goes amiss. But, I don't know how to track these ones since they are not in the employ of the Civil Service", Galadima reasoned.

My take is reject the offer as they have already done and have this Minister rescind all those aberrant decisions or have FIFA decide this matter. My only concern for these club owners is that their leverage is not that strong since the government owns most of the clubs anyway and when it comes down to it the government will simply order those clubs to play.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics