Update: 2013 Golden Eaglets 2 (Now 8) years Later

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bully12
Egg
Egg
Re: 2013 Golden Eaglets 2 years Later

Post by bully12 »

Heartily, I'm not really impressed with Kelechi's progress so far. He seems to be devoid of the talent and skill to perform at this level though he has the desire and enthusiasm to belong .I have definitely lower my expectations of him. He may prove wrong, I will surely be exhilarated if he does.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

bully12 wrote:Heartily, I'm not really impressed with Kelechi's progress so far. He seems to be devoid of the talent and skill to perform at this level though he has the desire and enthusiasm to belong .I have definitely lower my expectations of him. He may prove wrong, I will surely be exhilarated if he does.

Really people are strange. In a club of super internationals. You are getting playing time, scoring and assisting, and one fellow sitting down probably after consuming a crate of Odeku. Anyway .....
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Damunk wrote:
marutimon wrote:Iheanacho played for the MC youth squad on Monday. Two assists and within inches of scoring if not for a last second clearance (his teammate actually scored from the clearance).

Minor correction:
Wilfried Ndidi plays for GENK, not Gent.
Weytin him still dey find for there? :?:
Everyone does it so they can be match fit and not just fit.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

okidoki wrote:
bully12 wrote:Heartily, I'm not really impressed with Kelechi's progress so far. He seems to be devoid of the talent and skill to perform at this level though he has the desire and enthusiasm to belong .I have definitely lower my expectations of him. He may prove wrong, I will surely be exhilarated if he does.
Really people are strange. In a club of super internationals. You are getting playing time, scoring and assisting, and one fellow sitting down probably after consuming a crate of Odeku. Anyway .....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

okidoki wrote:
Damunk wrote:
marutimon wrote:Iheanacho played for the MC youth squad on Monday. Two assists and within inches of scoring if not for a last second clearance (his teammate actually scored from the clearance).

Minor correction:
Weytin him still dey find for there? :?:
Everyone does it so they can be match fit and not just fit.
Gotya. Makes sense.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Let me get this right, Kelechi who is getting significant playing time in his first season of pro football is devoid of talent but you keep hyping Idowu who can't even get signed by a Nigerian club.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote:
okidoki wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Minor correction:
[/video]
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Wow congrats to Radi Jaidi didn't know he had gotten into coaching in England.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Nwakali was among the substitutes (for the first time) by Girona FC in their League game against Mallorca.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Aliyu Abubakar chased by Serie A club
Share 0 Tweet 0
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Nigeria youth international Aliyu Abubakar is in advanced talks with an unnamed Italian Serie A side, and there is a strong possibility that the defender will pen a deal with the club in the winter transfer market.

Subject to a successful visa application, the former Golden Eaglets star will jet out to Italy in the next two weeks to complete his transfer to the unnamed club.

The 19-year-old Abubakar cut all ties with Israeli team MS Ashdod at the end of the 2014-15 season following their demotion to the Liga Leumit, though there was an option to extend his contract by two and a half more years.

After the 2013 Fifa Under 17 World Cup, the teenager was linked with possible moves to Sevilla, Granada, Dinamo Minsk, Malmo and Anderlecht prior to his switch to the Dolphins.

A defensive midfielder by trade, he was converted to a defender by the national team handlers.
http://thenationonlineng.net/aliyu-abub ... ie-a-club/
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oyek wrote:Aliyu Abubakar chased by Serie A club
Share 0 Tweet 0
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Nigeria youth international Aliyu Abubakar is in advanced talks with an unnamed Italian Serie A side, and there is a strong possibility that the defender will pen a deal with the club in the winter transfer market.

Subject to a successful visa application, the former Golden Eaglets star will jet out to Italy in the next two weeks to complete his transfer to the unnamed club.

The 19-year-old Abubakar cut all ties with Israeli team MS Ashdod at the end of the 2014-15 season following their demotion to the Liga Leumit, though there was an option to extend his contract by two and a half more years.

After the 2013 Fifa Under 17 World Cup, the teenager was linked with possible moves to Sevilla, Granada, Dinamo Minsk, Malmo and Anderlecht prior to his switch to the Dolphins.

A defensive midfielder by trade, he was converted to a defender by the national team handlers.
http://thenationonlineng.net/aliyu-abub ... ie-a-club/
Always liked this guy and wondered what happened to him. I hope he succeeds.

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sunset wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Sunset wrote:
That is a very good development! :clap:
His team won and Dele kept a clean sheet.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

DAgrin wrote:
Sunset wrote:
He did well
http://desporto.sapo.pt/futebol/taca_da ... mZIwnvCCgj
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

niyi wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Sunset wrote:
He did well
Excellent news.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Sunset wrote:
He did well
Nice saves! :thumb:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
DAgrin wrote:
Sunset wrote:
He did well
Nice saves! :thumb:
Dele's reflexes are top notch! :clap: :clap: :clap:
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

MUSA YAHAYA FINALLY DEBUTS IN PORTUGAL

Former Nigeria youth international Musa Yahaya has finally debuted in the league for his Portuguese second division side Portimonense as they beat Farense 1-0.

Portimonense are fourth on the league table with 53 points from 32 games, while Farense are 18th on table with 37 points from 32 games.
Yahaya, who is reportedly on loan at the club till the summer, was introduced to Saturday’s game in the 46th minute as a replacement for Theo Japa.
He was in the last weekend’s match day list, but was an unused substitute. Farense featured two Nigerians - Sunday Akinbule, who was an 84th minute substitute for Marcio Soussa, and Femi Balogun ,who was a 67th minute replacement for Thiago Jogo.

http://www.africanfootball.com//news/61 ... n-Portugal
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:MUSA YAHAYA FINALLY DEBUTS IN PORTUGAL

Former Nigeria youth international Musa Yahaya has finally debuted in the league for his Portuguese second division side Portimonense as they beat Farense 1-0.

Portimonense are fourth on the league table with 53 points from 32 games, while Farense are 18th on table with 37 points from 32 games.
Yahaya, who is reportedly on loan at the club till the summer, was introduced to Saturday’s game in the 46th minute as a replacement for Theo Japa.
He was in the last weekend’s match day list, but was an unused substitute. Farense featured two Nigerians - Sunday Akinbule, who was an 84th minute substitute for Marcio Soussa, and Femi Balogun ,who was a 67th minute replacement for Thiago Jogo.

http://www.africanfootball.com//news/61 ... n-Portugal
Ope o! :thumb:
ogasir
Egg
Egg
Musa Yahaya

Post by ogasir »

Dude started for his team but got a red card in the 20 min mark and his team ended up losing 5-1.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Musa Yahaya

Post by pajimoh »

Most unfortunate.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!