How did you rate Keshi's Punditry on BBC3 ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
How did you rate Keshi's Punditry on BBC3 ?

Post by AreaDaddy »

On BBC3 the match between Cameroon and Algeria had Keshi as the co-commentator.

It was good that the BBC are using ex-African players for punditry on CAN '04. Keshi tried but I guess he will improve with a few more matches.

He isn't a prefessional broadcaster so he missed out on a few prompts and left the main commentator hanging...but it was good to hear him ...

What do you guys think?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

As I watched it live on Eurosport, I gave BBC3 a miss. If I knew Keshi was on, I would have watched it.
http://www.naijiant.com/
NEDI
Egg
Egg
Re: How did you rate Keshi's Punditry on BBC3 ?

Post by NEDI »

AreaDaddy wrote:On BBC3 the match between Cameroon and Algeria had Keshi as the co-commentator.

It was good that the BBC are using ex-African players for punditry on CAN '04. Keshi tried but I guess he will improve with a few more matches.

He isn't a prefessional broadcaster so he missed out on a few prompts and left the main commentator hanging...but it was good to hear him ...

What do you guys think?
I didn't watch it but I know Keshi was good. :wink:
What do you expect, SK is my Finbarrian broda.
London Coool
Egg
Egg

Post by London Coool »

BBC 3 showed the Cameroun Vs Algeria match 30 minutes behind the "live" match that was shown on Eurosports, switching the TV to and fro BBC3 and Eursoprts just to listen to Steve Kechi's amatuerish ad libs just didnt make sense to me.
"Arsene Wenger's problem is that his young players are too young and his old players are too old and there is not much in between "

Alan Hansen

"Never look down one anyone except you are lifting them up"

Rev.Jesse Jackson
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

AreaDaddy wrote:On BBC3 the match between Cameroon and Algeria had Keshi as the co-commentator.

What do you guys think?
I have to agree he will improve with time he did Ok as it was his first time and you cannot expect much but am sure he will improve
Oya back to the matter
open and close
ivanuche
Egg
Egg

Post by ivanuche »

Keshi no try at all oh! lets say he had an average broadcasting debut.
They used to say Muhammad Ali could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Arsenal swim with the grace of a dolphin — and bite like a shark. The GREAT Brian Clough. viewtopic.php?t=18273

If you're having girl problems i feel sorry for u son,i gat 99 problems but da *Nice Lady* aint one !

http://www.brazzil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7162 BLACK BEAUTIES !
http://www.ypforum.org/nigeria2002
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Prince, that was Cricklewood.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Yeah! there's a lot of room for improvement! he kept using the annoying phrase "like i told you before" as though he would like to have us belive he is some kind of football oracle. :evil:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
realplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by realplayer »

That was the first attempt that calls for a lot of improvement!
He can only get better!
All the best!
Talent can only blossom with hard work!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Prince wrote:

What do you guys think?
I have to agree he will improve with time he did Ok as it was his first time and you cannot expect much but am sure he will improve

Prince, Omo na which kin flash them use take this ya picture with JJ...Those eyes of yours na straight out of Scary Movie II... :P :P :P :P
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

He tried, but his catch phrase like i told you before was a bit off key and he did miss most of his prompts. he can only improve. he sounded remarkly similar to a friend of mine from ghana
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Prince: Abeg commot dat piksho. Since my pikins dem see am dem no fit sleep again :twisted: :lol:
http://www.naijiant.com/
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

what a waste of space and time-very unprofessional but having said this,he is new to this field :lol:
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

It showed that he has no experience in broadcasting. He would improve with time.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

cic old boy wrote:Prince: Abeg commot dat piksho. Since my pikins dem see am dem no fit sleep again :twisted: :lol:
Aniks why you stab your man for back now!!!
CIC you don craze finish.
When two rich ppl dey discuss as in the pikture you com dey put mouth abi.
Oya post your own pikture with 'hey you' :D :D
Oya back to the matter
open and close
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

seems like he was struggling to put two sentences together just to explain that cameroon nearly scored-with an maerican drawl-very funny-Efan Ekoku was much more professional
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

no offence to keshi but i think it will be better for him to commentate in nigeria because he sounded below average, i think he was nervous being it's his first time
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

WAS VERY FUNNY THOUGH-THERE IS NO WAY HE CAN IMPROVE ON HIS COMMAND OF ENGLISH-IT WAS VERY PATHETIC-BBC?? :twisted:

Marko
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Guys don't be silly, i have seen worse in England. I am even miffed that Keshi's performance on the microphone is a thread for scrutiny. Given the chance, some cybers will be terrible.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

He wasn't very good. In fact as a former coach/manager of the Eagles I can see why our teams play so poorly if all he can say is "yes he has good technique"! No analysis of the game except "the boy looks good"

however despite those misgivings at least he was as negative as the commentators on Eurosport! I can't understand how Archie the plunker still has a job with them!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote:Guys don't be silly, i have seen worse in England. I am even miffed that Keshi's performance on the microphone is a thread for scrutiny. Given the chance, some cybers will be terrible.
Bigp? :lol: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

The guy wasnt great, but there is no need to attack his command of english. Archie Macpherson is a blabbering id!ot at the best of times, and Big Ron always sounds racist
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

I thought Ayo, Waffiman and et.al claimed that ex-players who played in Europe have far indepth knowledge of the game than Onigbindes, Amodus, Lalokos and Ericos of this world ! I guess Keshi's performance is a testimony of years of playing "with the best of the soccer world" :oops: