Data: Players bypassing Nigeria's league system but make SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Data: Players bypassing Nigeria's league system but make SE

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oshodi
Egg
Egg
Re: Data: Players bypassing Nigeria's league system but make

Post by oshodi »

Home grown guys, home grown. That's the key right there. Forget the journeymen, mercenaries and moneybags boys

THE FACT THAT AFRICANS ARE PROVING THEMSELVES IN THE BUSINESS COMMUNITIES ABROAD BUT CANNOT FOR SOME REASON IMPLIMENT THE SAME STRATEGIES BACK HOME DOES NOT MAKE SENSE
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

We have always known this anyway. Nigeria league players go abroad and get deals in Tunisia, Morocco, South Africa and at best Scandinavia. The non-league/amateur ones get deals with major western European clubs. This is why we don't do well at CHAN. The best footballers in Nigeria are not in our professional league.
yes o
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

papilo wrote:We have always known this anyway. Nigeria league players go abroad and get deals in Tunisia, Morocco, South Africa and at best Scandinavia. The non-league/amateur ones get deals with major western European clubs. This is why we don't do well at CHAN. The best footballers in Nigeria are not in our professional league.
This is where the stupid NFF people are losing out seriosuly..but wait, it is the NFF losing not the people in NFF.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho