Cameroon only won the ANC once, convincingly...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Novell_Price
Egg
Egg
Cameroon only won the ANC once, convincingly...

Post by Novell_Price »

I was just wondering, have you guys ever observed only one of Cameroon's four ANC victories came from a clear full regulation time victory? The convincingly victory was back in 1984. As a recall, Cameroon defeated Nigeria 3-1 in Ivory Coast. Since then, their other three victories was a result of the penalty agenda. In fact, Nigeria lost to Cameroon back in 1988 and 2000 in the ANC final was due to penalty agenda and both were controversial. No question about it. In 2002, it happened once again. Cameroon defeated Senegal by penalties. In my opinion, Cameroon only won the African Cup of Nations once convincingly, the other three came as a result of pure lucky charms against Nigeria twice and Senegal once. The question now, is if they end up making it to the final (very tough task for Cameroon now), will they have the same pure lucky charms favouring them? As the saying goes, "not everyday is Christmas." Do you think so...?
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

so what should we do? take the cup from them because they were lucky?
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Cameroun only has 1 ANC victory in my opinion. Nigeria has the best ANC record in Africa by a mile dating back to 1976.
Novell_Price
Egg
Egg
Re: Cameroon only won the ANC once, convincingly...

Post by Novell_Price »

Unfortunately we can't do anything. As the saying goes, "the team with high-calibre players doesn't usuallly win championship." It sounds funny but it is the truth. All I can say, if not because of Issa Hayatou being the CAF president since 1988 when Cameroon defeated Nigeria for the first time by penalty till now, Cameroon wouldn' have had the continous pure lucky charms favouring them in the finals as usually. The question now is, can they make it to the final? I don't think so...do you?
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

history is history. Let sleeping dogs lie. I'm disgusted with these excuses. We are sometimes too quick to accept excuses. Nobody cares about those excuses. History only records who won and who lost.
Let's win it now; no excuses
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Nanijoe, Novell Price,

Sorry but nobody gives a rat's #$% about your opinions. Seriously. Your opinions don't matter, just like mine.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

nigeria did not really win the Atlanta Olympics.
Emmanuel Amuneke's "winner" against Argentina was scored from an offside position.
In my opinion nigeria does not have an olympic gold medal yet.
Hows that?
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Hows that?
Wrong!! That goal was scored froma perfectly onside position.
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

nanijoe wrote:
Hows that?
Wrong!! That goal was scored froma perfectly onside position.

I know it was onside, but if that goal was scored against us, majority of nigerians would have said it was offside and argued that it should not have stood.
Thats the point i was trying to make
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I know it was onside, but if that goal was scored against us, majority of nigerians would have said it was offside and argued that it should not have stood.
Thats the point i was trying to make
True..but Henry Nwosu's goal in 1988 was wrongly called back for offside. And Victor Ikpeba's Penalty in 2000 was wrongly disallowed.
I know you work in the media so you must have access to those games